The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
9 minutes ago, kbois said:

I even got sort of dressed up, put on actual "going out" make up (not slap on some base, powder and blush work makeup).....including lipstick, which I  rarely ever do....get there and put on the mask 🤦‍♀️🙄, so much for looking nic

:gikkle: 

Sorry, this was a throw back to when I went grocery shopping last Tuesday and for the first time I had to wear a mask - mandate went into effect the day prior. I distinctly remember thinking, oh, they can’t see me, so why bother? :P 

Opps, just remembered I need to research how to keep my glasses from fogging up. Figures, I’d see that article prior to the mask mandate. 

Good to hear the night was a success all around.

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Opps, just remembered I need to research how to keep my glasses from fogging up.

Make sure the nose piece of your mask is fitted well, it helps to stop the fogging up.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
Just now, Reader1810 said:

That’s sounding familiar. I wore the disposable one, so I think fitting it securely is going to tricky - I could be wrong.  I need more gardening gloves, so I’ll try them again for that trip. 

If I still have problems, I’ll just wear the Canada Strong ones. I haven’t opened the package yet, but I’m thinking these ones have a better fit than the disposables - I would think so, anyway. 

Yes, they fit really well. They have a good nose piece as well.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

Opps, just remembered I need to research how to keep my glasses from fogging up. Figures, I’d see that article prior to the mask mandate. 

Try RainX. It works for windshields and should work on glasses too. 

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yes, they fit really well. They have a good nose piece as well.

Good to know. The trip for the gloves is quick in and out, so I’ll use the disposable mask. I’ll keep the CS ones for grocery shopping since that is, as you all know, not a quick  in and out. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
54 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

:gikkle: 

Sorry, this was a throw back to when I went grocery shopping last Tuesday and for the first time I had to wear a mask - mandate went into effect the day prior. I distinctly remember thinking, oh, they can’t see me, so why bother? :P 

Good to hear the night was a success all around.

Here is what you do put the mask on your nose then put your glasses on top of the mask it seals the air - no glasses fogging 

glasses fogup

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
28 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Here is what you do put the mask on your nose then put your glasses on top of the mask it seals the air - no glasses fogging 

glasses fogup

Great tip rick! but it doesn't work great for me as my glasses have smaller frames. I usually wear contacts when I go out now. 

Did you scroll all the way to the bottom? The poor girl who got her ear pierced and they pierced through her mask..😲🤭 talk about oops!

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
11 minutes ago, kbois said:

Did you scroll all the way to the bottom? The poor girl who got her ear pierced and they pierced through her mask..😲🤭 talk about oops!

I didn’t myself, but just thinking about it....:pinch:

• Like 3
2 hours ago, kbois said:

So graduation went really fast! They opened the doors at 655, short intro by the head of school, national anthem, two short recorded speeches by valedictorian, mine was 2nd name called and BOOM! In the car and out the parking lot by 720. 😂

I even got sort of dressed up, put on actual "going out" make up (not slap on some base, powder and blush work makeup).....including lipstick, which I  rarely ever do....get there and put on the mask 🤦‍♀️🙄, so much for looking nice!

We even stopped for ice cream at the Amish place  (@Ashi thought of you ❤🍨) and were home by 8 and I  was in my jammies by 815. Yup.... it's been a good night!

Awww.  Congratulation and how happy it must be.  And ice cream!!!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

A wise man once said nothing

He probably had a large family. Saying nothing is often the wisest course. 

I hope everyone has a good day!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
27 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

you look after yourself, mollypop   xo

thank You Sir

29 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

you hang in there, honey.  if you need us, you know where we are xoxoxoxo 💖💮🌻

thanks tim
xoxo

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Site Moderator
7 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say 

‘Good Morning’

doing ok took the day away from everything. went to our hunting cabin and spent the day fishing. they weren’t biting but it didn’t matter. just want i needed. 

So how are things with you

Good morning, rick. Woke up later than planned. First glass of iced coffee is about to be consumed, and the weather is glorious. So far, so good. 

A day away to rejuvenate sounds nice. Glad you enjoyed yourself.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..