The Drop in Centre

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Evening

this was to-do list day. Grocery shopping, cutting grass and small jobs around the house. still have more list to do but it was good to get some mark off. 

So how has your day been?

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

this was to-do list day. Grocery shopping, cutting grass and small jobs around the house. still have more list to do but it was good to get some mark off. 

sounds like a productive day rick!
it was MOTS around here, the laundry has all been washed, however not all folded, floors and bed linens were done yesterday (whew!)
took a second shot at a recipe for dinner, it was still not very good, so i'll take it off the list 

Spoiler

MOTS  More Of The Same

• Like 5
On 8/8/2020 at 4:07 PM, rickproehl said:

this was first day back to work. even though i work from home it was a busy day. lots of calls which is a good one. the saddest call of the day was from a little old lady that was having a bad day. she thought it was October 8th and not August. then she was upset because she called then she was talking about being lonely and just wanted to talked to someone. she was much better after the call. some times it just takes a kind word and a understanding ear. 

I am good.  Thank you for asking.

I know one of those callers, because I get them myself also.  In our current condition, some people really are just isolated feeling strained.  We're all humans so let's just all be a little kinder to each other.

8 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

just his usual trip down the rabbit hole ... it was pretty bad last night, but he seems okish today.. but online isnt the best place for him at the best of times. So, i'll keep him away for the most part. 

Everyone deals with the issue slightly different.  Some want to be left alone and some if you kept them from working, it'll just get worse..., as working is their outlet.  I prefer doing something, anything, if I don't feel well.  So just let Tim be.  On other notes, feeling down doesn't automatically equate bad!  Many great poems and music are created when one feels awful! 

His cooking looks amazing!  You're so lucky to have Tim.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, rickproehl said:

My day was busy too. Mostly cooking. Tried out the Instapot. Still need to figure out how long for what type of food, but I'm liking it so far. In addition to the muffins I made butternut squash and sweet potatoe casserole and got some boneless chicken cooked for lunches for the week. Then I  ran out of steam. 

Have a good night everyone.

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, kbois said:

My day was busy too. Mostly cooking. Tried out the Instapot. Still need to figure out how long for what type of food, but I'm liking it so far. In addition to the muffins I made butternut squash and sweet potatoe casserole and got some boneless chicken cooked for lunches for the week. Then I  ran out of steam. 

How long is interesting. tim and molly can likely give advice.  I can do the rice in there and know it's zero minutes on high for broccoli,  2 minutes for rotini. 

• Like 5
16 minutes ago, kbois said:

be sure to read the information that came with your unit.

if you got the Instant Pot brand, this will help
https://instantpot.com/instantpot-cooking-time/

you can also get this great cheat sheet
https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-Cheat-Sheet-Magnet/dp/B085XQFTFP/ref=asc_df_B085XQFTFP/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=425327967749&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16411004545552147655&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028237&hvtargid=pla-900179957941&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=103002214750&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=425327967749&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16411004545552147655&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9028237&hvtargid=pla-900179957941

good luck!

• Like 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

How long is interesting. tim and molly can likely give advice.  I can do the rice in there and know it's zero minutes on high for broccoli,  2 minutes for rotini. 

My biggest problem with any type of cooking is getting the amounts right. I grew up in a big family and for the life if me can still not figure out how much pasta to cook for three people instead of eight or ten. This past Christmas I  bought a 24 pound turkey for four of us. 

Once I get the hang of this thing I'm sure I'll be using it often. Thanks for the advice. 

Looks like it's going to be another short night. I made the mistake  of snoozing while my husband watched TV and now I'll probably be up until 2. Ugh.

• Like 5
10 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

we tried a new recipe we made corn casserole corn / whole/ creamed / milk / cornbread mix 

we had some fresh pick sweet corn the bi color yellow / white and we used it which gave it a different taste. 

sounds good Rick! 

I love butter and sugar corn, it's my favorite. I grilled some on Saturday with the pork loin. Mmmm. 

Have a good night.

• Like 5
9 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

tim is amazing. But he does live with some serious mental issues which require ongoing medical intervention. Sometimes he can work, sometimes he should not. He wanted to try so I agreed. He did okay which made him feel better. I know my husband very well. I have watched him through hard nights and hard days. I have taken him over my shoulder to the hospital and held him through years of nightmares and flashbacks. In the past year he's improved. His depression is not him just feeling down, it can and has been more. So I do not assume he will be all right but I am grateful  when he is.

I've known people who don't get that real depression isn't just, "feeling a bit down" but a serious thing.  When I was 16 my Dr. compared mine (which is something that runs in the family) to Type 1 diabetes -- some people don't produce enough insulin, I don't produce enough serotonin.  Add in all the things tim has had to deal with in his past... I'm glad he has you to look after him; and you him to look after you.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
54 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

My day is going to start w  a trip to the eye Dr.  the screw in my gasses holding the right lens in place popped lose last night and it fell out -- thankfully, the screw stayed in the frame and I was able (I thought) to get it set back in.  Fell out again this morning. So found my last pair, which is good enough I can drive but not enough for me to stay online and work all day, and can wear those and take the other pair in.

Looking back, the frames I'm using now was the one I used tow scrips ago - bronze frame, gunmetal frame, bronze frame again.  Remembering now that the 1st time I used the bronze frame the lens popped out then too -- at least this time I wasn't driving. :(

They're essentially the same frame in different colors, so they should be able to just put the current lenses into the old frames [I hope].

Fae

i hate when the screw on your glasses fall out and you are to blind when you don’t have your glasses on to put the screw back in. So good luck on the rest of your day.

• Like 5

I saw these words of wisdom today:

Coffee is vital to survival.  

The dinosaurs didn't have coffee and look how they turned out.. 

Make sure you drink coffee everyday just to be safe!! 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
3 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hello Sirs and friends

just taking a minute away from my computer to stare out the window, & take a few deep breaths. not that it's been a hard day, just taking the time.

hope all y'all have had a good day

molly 

i hope things got better after this break.

we all get those times when we get pulled in so many directions and everyone wants our attention. i use a thought a old manager told me “don’t focus on the mountain - focus on the pebble and move it when done take another pebble and move it when you move enough pebbles you have moved the mountain. 

so take care of yourself. you are not alone.

• Like 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..