The Drop in Centre

1 minute ago, Starrynight22 said:

Happy Friday all.  It was a long week but I'm glad it was a relatively easy one 

I really want a cheesy burger and some fries.  But. 

I'll probably eat the chicken salad I made last night. 

AH! You reminded me .. i need to make hamburger buns tomorrow .. :D   and  apple cranberry muffins.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Not sure you'd need two, Reader. I do have two liners .. but just one Pot.

No, not since you mentioned you have the smallest one, and there are two of you plus leftovers. The small one sounds like it is plenty big enough. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

No, not since you mentioned you have the smallest one, and there are two of you plus leftovers. The small one sounds like it is plenty big enough. 

You and your mum likely don't eat as much as Michael and i do, either.

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

Seriously...can't wait for the border to open back up. I'll even have an Instapot for you to use by then. 🤣🤣 

Can you post the muffin recipe please?

Um.. well,  it is this Morning Glory recipe but with no carrots i will put in apple and cranberries which have been chopped .. not sure of the amounts as of yet.. no raisins either .. but i will put in some pecans.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, kbois said:

OK, Instapot is ordered. Should be here Sunday. 

Should be loads safer than the the old fashioned pressure cooker my mom had. I can remember the spinny thingy on top whipping around spewing steam in all directions. Yeah, that was safe. 😂But the pot roasts and beef stews were good!

I recall a sunday dinner chicken dish we needed to clean from walls and ceiling when i was about 20. The entire meal exited the pressure cooker via that spinny thingy, everything but the bones.

12 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

I can even use that thing. I'm a terrible cook. 

Thats not quite true! I hear you make a killer tomato sauce, altho i do remember some concern regarding sharp knives and fingers

Edited by Kitt
  • Like 5
18 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Um.. well,  it is this Morning Glory recipe but with no carrots i will put in apple and cranberries which have been chopped .. not sure of the amounts as of yet.. no raisins either .. but i will put in some pecans.

Thanks tim. I'll have to try it out. My favorite muffins are orange cranberry with some kind of nuts. My husband will eat just about any muffin that's out there. I'll ay around with the amounts. No such thing as too many apples or cranberries, or pecans. Bananas are good. Peaches. Lots of ways to tweak this recipe. 

Damn, now I  want muffins. Looks like I'm doing some cooking this weekend!

• Like 5
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

The actual morning glory muffins are excellent.. you will not believe they are made with plain whole wheat flour. If you bake them as it says.. they come out domed and soft. Really amazing.

Oh yes, they are really good muffins. 

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, MichaelS36 said:

Oh yes, they are really good muffins. 

And you are really lucky to have tim to make them and enjoy them with you!❤

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

You and your mum likely don't eat as much as Michael and i do, either.

I can agree with that statement. 

@rickproehl I was curious about what an air fryer was like. Found out Instant Pot actually makes one that air fries and a whole lot more. I watched a demo on youtube, and noticed this appliance seemed quite large, but maybe that’s just their model. 

https://instantappliances.com/portfolio-item/instant-omni-plus-toaster-oven-26l/

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
43 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

This is the kind we have it’s smaller than the one you found Airfyer

It looks very familiar - all right, it’s the fries that look familiar :P - so I’m thinking I checked it out when I was considering my options a while back. 

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Evening

i hope everyone has a good evening and lots of rest.

sweet dreams 

Good night rick...happy dreams 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Now I feel like making muffins.  

I don't care for nuts in my baked goods, the texture difference weirds me out.  

I wonder if like a nut butter would work....... 

Hmmm.  Weekend muffin experimentation is likely. 

Night all.  

have them with nut butter..  

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

Quiche dinner for a couple of nights with new potatoes and salad:

2020-08-07.jpg2020-08-07.jpgChili cooking to freeze and eat this week:

Yum yum.

4 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

I can even use that thing. I'm a terrible cook. 

I think Tim is a great enough cook, you don't need to try.  LOL.

2 hours ago, MichaelS36 said:

Frankly, without tim, there is a good chance I'd be dead, one-legged, or blind.   It was he who made me go to the doctor.  My sugar was extremely high and without him I would not have gone to the doctor when I did. I just put it off, blaming my symptoms on something else.  So, after getting a diagnosis and deciding I had to change. We did, immediately.  tim has made this change bearable, and yes pleasurable. His knowledge of food has been a godsend to me. 

Gosh, you two are too sweet together.  :D

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..