The Drop in Centre

1 minute ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's been a good thing Sir

Phil noticed last week that i wasn't getting up & moving so He suggested taking a few minutes every couple of hours to do just that. sometimes i combine the deep breathing exercise in the app other times i just stare out the window

Yeah, it's important to move. tim gets stuck sitting and gets real stiff and sore.

• Like 5
2 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

it's been a good thing Sir

Phil noticed last week that i wasn't getting up & moving so He suggested taking a few minutes every couple of hours to do just that. sometimes i combine the deep breathing exercise in the app other times i just stare out the window

When you work, especially if you don't move around too much, I  think everyone just needs a minute or two to hit the reset button every once in a while.

I find myself trying to crack whatever vertebrae will cooperate when I  realize I haven't left my desk in a couple of hours. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
43 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

molly 

i hope things got better after this break.

we all get those times when we get pulled in so many directions and everyone wants our attention. i use a thought a old manager told me “don’t focus on the mountain - focus on the pebble and move it when done take another pebble and move it when you move enough pebbles you have moved the mountain. 

so take care of yourself. you are not alone.

thanks rick

i didn't mean to imply that things were rough, quite the opposite actually. the little breaks i think help by not allowing the work to become overwhelming.

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thanks rick

i didn't mean to imply that things were rough, quite the opposite actually. the little breaks i think help by not allowing the work to become overwhelming.

If the little breaks don't work you can always have a Snickers. It works in the commercials! 😆 (I  can only do the bite size ones... they're too sweet.)

• Haha 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, kbois said:

I saw these words of wisdom today:

Coffee is vital to survival.  

The dinosaurs didn't have coffee and look how they turned out.. 

Make sure you drink coffee everyday just to be safe!! 😁

I’m not sure if this was supposed to make me laugh, but it did... 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
48 minutes ago, kbois said:

If the little breaks don't work you can always have a Snickers. It works in the commercials! 😆 (I  can only do the bite size ones... they're too sweet.)

We take them and freeze them so i have to wait to eat the snickers. or is we really want to eat health we freeze grapes. They are good on a hot day. 

• Like 5
12 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

We take them and freeze them so i have to wait to eat the snickers. or is we really want to eat health we freeze grapes. They are good on a hot day. 

I can't chew frozen stuff, my teeth are sensitive to cold. 

Out of curiosity....does anyone else eat the bottom nougat part of the Snickers first or am I  just weird?

( @Wayne Gray, you don't need to answer that! 😆)

Edited by kbois
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
5 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

not a fan of the Snickers. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or gummy bears, or cinnamon bears and i have very little self control

Ooooohhh cinnamon bears! I haven't had those in ages! Me? I'm a sucker for caramel, the only reason I'll eat Snickers. Plain old soft caramel squares...bring it on! 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, kbois said:

I can't chew frozen stuff, my teeth are sensitive to cold. 

now the rest of the story - i don’t eat the snickers bar frozen - i wait till it thaws and then decide if i want to eat it. urge vs need .... i eat about 1/4 of them and put the candy back in the candy jar. saves me calories.

• Like 5
23 hours ago, kbois said:

My day was busy too. Mostly cooking. Tried out the Instapot. Still need to figure out how long for what type of food, but I'm liking it so far. In addition to the muffins I made butternut squash and sweet potatoe casserole and got some boneless chicken cooked for lunches for the week. Then I  ran out of steam. 

Have a good night everyone.

Now I'm thinking about sweet potato muffins 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
55 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

not a fan of the Snickers. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or gummy bears, or cinnamon bears and i have very little self control

Same.  I have to portion out 3 gummy worms to myself and then put the bag away and leave the room.  Because on multiple occasions in adulthood 

(Ok this year)

I have eaten so many gummies I made myself nauseous 

• Like 5

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

just wanted to stop in and say Good Morning.

we had a stormy night Lots of rain and wind but everything appears ok. 

Hope you have a Good Day

So how is your day?

1677C4D5-107C-42B3-8D27-2342F4879192.jpeg

Edited by rickproehl
  • Like 5
15 minutes ago, kbois said:

There's nothing like getting your heart rate racing when you grab some papers off your desk and a baby gecko runs across your hand. 🦎 Yes, I  screamed. 😲

9 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Did he stop to sell you car insurance? 

we have those here too the dogs like to follow them around the entry way floor or when they are on the outside of the windows

• Like 5
1 hour ago, mollyhousemouse said:

we have those here too the dogs like to follow them around the entry way floor or when they are on the outside of the windows

My little dog likes to chase them out on the lanai, the big dog could care less.. lol

I don't mind them....as long as they stay outside. Took us forever to catch one that was on our bedroom ceiling last winter. Little bugger. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..