The Drop in Centre

8 minutes ago, kbois said:

Nevermind seeing us when we're eating...our pups know when we're thinking about getting a snack! Spoiled mutts!🤣🐶🐕

2e6lw6.jpg

It's not just for lining your oven or pans anymore. Problem solved. 🤣

• Haha 5
16 minutes ago, spyke said:

2e6lw6.jpg

It's not just for lining your oven or pans anymore. Problem solved. 🤣

Its the noses....they can smell us thinking about food.

I swear Zeke has very little underneath that skull of his. Tinfoil might actually help channel his three functional brain cells and be an improvement! 🤣

• Haha 4
6 minutes ago, kbois said:

I swear Zeke has very little underneath that skull of his. Tinfoil might actually help channel his three functional brain cells and be an improvement! 🤣

Yep, but it's the special ones like him that are the most entertaining and lovable. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
41 minutes ago, kbois said:

Nevermind seeing us when we're eating...our pups know when we're thinking about getting a snack! Spoiled mutts!🤣🐶🐕

My dog - the family pooch when I was a kid - knew the timer beeping on the stove in the evening meant it was bagel time, and he knew the late evening telephone ring meant he was in for a car ride to pick up my brother from work. Dogs are really quite smart.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, spyke said:

Yep, but it's the special ones like him that are the most entertaining and lovable. 

He is lovable. Dumb as a rock, but lovable. 

• Like 3

My sister went in a dollar store today to get a card for someone we went to school with to send to him so he wouldn't feel so lonely during Christmas. She asked me when we got back in the car if I was going to send him one too. I told her yes that I had cards at the house and I can send him one. After I got back home she texted me and said she does not know why she was born with a mean streak and that she wishes she would have just had me signed the card too. I told her that if she did not have the mean streak in her then she would not have ever wanted to protect me like she did. She said that she just liked doing things just for herself and she should not be so selfish. I told her there wasn't any reason to feel she had to help me out all the time and that I needed to do a few things on my own without her doing them for me. She told me she loved everything I said back to her and I always and I mean always tell her when she feels low and even happy that I will always love her forever and a day! We both help each other out even though she has a tendency to put me down at times and I never do that to her. (Well, not to her face anyway! Shhhhh.... don't tell her that! PLEASE!!!!!!!!)

SISTERS ARE FOREVER!

• Like 4

My female border collie loved the treat I just gave her cause she licked the to go plate completely clean of the mexican dinner  I tried to finish awhile ago that I could not eat all of earlier today at lunch. My sister contributed part of hers to the plate. Now my border collie and I have happy stomachs! lol

• Like 4

Good grief, it is only 6:30 pm and I am so sleepy! I only got 4 hours of sleep last night cause I had trouble falling asleep. Someone needs to invent eye openers to keep me awake but the only problem with that is, I might fall asleep anyway with my eyelids open. Between a rock and a hard place! What to do, what to do is the question and there may be an answer or not!

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Story Reader said:

SISTERS ARE FOREVER!

I don't have a sister, but I'm lucky enough to have someone in my life who I have a lifelong tie with. When you've known someone your whole life, and your childhood was pitted with fights that would eclipse any sibling rivalry, and you can live 1500 miles apart, see each other maybe once a year, and when you do get together and instantly turn 13 again you've earned the right to call each other sister. Those connections are priceless.❤

• Love 5
On 12/17/2020 at 9:00 AM, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to Check in and say Good Morning.

the joys of owing your home. Our furnace finally stopped working we got over 75 years out of it. it was time to finally stopped working. We are getting a new furnace but not till Monday. we are doing ok with kerosene heaters keeping warm. Thank goodness the weather here will be 30-40 and not colder. The installers are backed up until then. So staying warm. 

So how are things with you?

Doing ok. 

Hey Rick check on getting a carbon monoxide alarm while the kerosene heater is your only heat.  Stay safe friend

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Story Reader said:

Good grief, it is only 6:30 pm and I am so sleepy! I only got 4 hours of sleep last night cause I had trouble falling asleep. Someone needs to invent eye openers to keep me awake but the only problem with that is, I might fall asleep anyway with my eyelids open. Between a rock and a hard place! What to do, what to do is the question and there may be an answer or not!

I get that a lot mid evening. It passes, then I have trouble falling asleep. Add the squirrels scampering around on the roof and staying asleep if I make it that far is a lost cause. 

Ive taken to frisking Sleepytime (or a like version depending on the brand which I can’t recall at the moment) tea before bed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I get that a lot mid evening. It passes, then I have trouble falling asleep. Add the squirrels scampering around on the roof and staying asleep if I make it that far is a lost cause. 

Ive taken to frisking Sleepytime (or a like version depending on the brand which I can’t recall at the moment) tea before bed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. 

I sometimes drink tea but it keeps me awake all night if I drink it. So sometimes I just take a nap. I did that for 45 minutes then I woke up and my eyes are burning cause I am still sleepy but not going to go back to sleep till my legs get restless and they will not be still then I will go to bed and hopefully sleep all night!

• Like 5
54 minutes ago, Story Reader said:

I sometimes drink tea but it keeps me awake all night if I drink it. 

Sleepy Time tea from Celestial Seasonings has no caffeine. Is Camomile and mint I think, both of which promote calm and relaxation, as does the hot drink itself. I am sure other brands have similar compositions.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

4 drops of melatonin...  and i'm asleep most of the night.   The recommended dose is much higher but i dont need it.

• Like 5
18 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

thunderstorms, cozy blanket, hot coffee & cuddly dogs for my Saturday morning

hope everyone is well

Sounds delightful! 

I've got the cozy blanket, hot coffee and cuddly dogs, but luckily no thunderstorms. Sunny, but cool today. 

Enjoy your day everyone!

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Just below freezing here ... gray but very little wind.  Gonna get ready to go out to the store to see what's left on the shelves, people are panic buying here again.  They may have fallen below 1,000 rolls of toilet paper in the store room ... so you know.. we best buy all there is!!  Idiots.

I'd be a bit more concerned about eating ... but that's just me.   Happy Saturday.

We also need more lights for the tree and a smaller dish to make trifle in. Ours is massive to serve like 12 people, so much too big to make one for us. See what we can find...

See you all later on.

I went shopping and thought the store was quite well stocked except for one thing - the chicken I buy weekly had but one package left - very unusual. We’re having apple crisp for dessert, so I bought a bunch of Macs. Would have loved a serving of your “kids” trifle, though. 

I was perusing my daily Bookbub offerings and came across this one. I did not know this bout Dr. Seuss. 

Dr. Seuss Goes to War

By Theodor Seuss Geisel and Richard H. Minear

During World War II, Dr. Seuss satirized the Axis powers while working as a cartoonist for a New York newspaper. More than 200 of his wartime cartoons are brought together in this “fascinating collection” (The New York Times Book Review).

Edited by Reader1810
  • Like 4
43 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I went shopping and thought the store was quite well stocked except for one thing - the chicken I buy weekly had but one package left - very unusual. We’re having apple crisp for dessert, so I bought a bunch of Macs. Would have loved a serving of your “kids” trifle, though. 

I was perusing my daily Bookbub offerings and came across this one. I did not know this bout Dr. Seuss. 

I too, would love some trifle. My trifle bowl got lost somehow when we moved. 

I grew up one town over from where Dr. Suess did. Mulberry Street was within walking distance from my Grandma's house. 

Springfield has a memorial to him with bronze statues of many of his characters. I had pictures of my boys when they were little standing next to him with the Cat in the Hat behind them. Unfortunately the pictures were never backed up and I lost them when that phone died. 

I took care of his cousin when I worked in a nursing home way back in the day. She was a salty old gal. 

You can Google 'Dr. Suess Memorial' to see pictures. They're pretty cool. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
On 12/18/2020 at 8:47 PM, Starrynight22 said:

Doing ok. 

Hey Rick check on getting a carbon monoxide alarm while the kerosene heater is your only heat.  Stay safe friend

Starry we have that covered in our smoke detector. thanks for the advice. we didn’t realize the heat it puts out. so staying safe.

take care and stay safe.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..