The Drop in Centre

11 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Woo hoo 4am and I'm wide awake  

Hope everyone is well and having a good weekend.

Chris

Many people believe that when they cannot sleep, someone is thinking or dreaming of them. A Japanese legend tells us that if this unsleepful event happens, we are actively moving about in someone’s dreams.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

I didn't even make it to noon before my day went south. Lol. 

I try. I really do. I used to be pretty savvy when it came to easy household repairs. 

Change out a shower head? Easy peasy. Right? 

Yeah, well no. 

The old one was screwed on tight and my tendonitis just won't let me turn the damn thing. Even after spraying with a little WD-40. 

So I grabbed a towel to try to get a better grip. Much to my surprise the whole piece, including 4 inches of pipe from INSIDE the wall was now in my hand. Dripping. Oops. 

In my defense, the metal pipe was really corroded. It would've broken sooner or later anyway. Thankfully we have two bathrooms and luckily my son cleaned his yesterday. 

So now I'm waiting for a call from the leasing company to set up an appointment so they can come fix it. 

On the upside I did manage to up the temperature on the water heater. It was barely warm. 

I hope everyone has an easy day!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Site Moderator
4 minutes ago, kbois said:

I try. I really do. I used to be pretty savvy when it came to easy household repairs. 

Yeah, well no. 

The old one was screwed on tight and my tendonitis just won't let me turn the damn thing. Even after spraying with a little WD-40. 

So I grabbed a towel to try to get a better grip. Much to my surprise the whole piece, including 4 inches of pipe from INSIDE the wall was now in my hand. Dripping. Oops. 

In my defense, the metal pipe was really corroded. It would've broken sooner or later anyway. Thankfully we have two bathrooms and luckily my son cleaned his yesterday. 

So now I'm waiting for a call from the leasing company to set up an appointment so they can come fix it. 

On the upside I did manage to up the temperature on the water heater. It was barely warm. 

:hug: 

I hope your day gets better going forward. 

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, kbois said:

Yeah, well no. 

:hug:hope your day improves 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

:hug: 

I hope your day gets better going forward. 

2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

:hug:hope your day improves 

Actually, the rest of today has been fine. I got a lot done. White chicken chili is in the crock pot (Walmart brought chick peas and not white beans like I ordered so I  had to put black beans in..smh). The rest of the Christmas stuff is done. Chicken is marinating for dinner. 

I discovered my kid's bathroom has water pressure like Niagara Falls during spring runoff. How did I not know this? I actually rinsed my hair in less than two minutes. I'm now jealous...lol. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, kbois said:

I discovered my kid's bathroom has water pressure like Niagara Falls during spring runoff. How did I not know this? I actually rinsed my hair in less than two minutes. I'm now jealous...lol. 

Either it's an older shower head without the flow restrictor, or you need your bathroom re-plumbed. BTW, you can remove that restrictor with some needle nose pliers and effort. They're so annoying on the new faucets and shower heads. 😉

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Sherye said:

You know you are boring when someone calls you on google duo and they pay more attention to the tv than they do to you! Geeze!

That's just rude. Why did they even bother to call then. Sheesh. :facepalm:

Edited by spyke
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, spyke said:

Either it's an older shower head without the flow restrictor, or you need your bathroom re-plumbed. BTW, you can remove that restrictor with some needle nose pliers and effort. They're so annoying on the new faucets and shower heads. 😉

I removed the restrictor and it helped a little. I was going to try a different shower head to see if that helped, but..... that didn't exactly work out. ☺

Wonder how hard it is to remove the governor on a rental truck?🤔🤣🤐🤣🤣

• Haha 4
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

So all I can do is shake my head at this point. On Saturday my husband's boss told him there was a truck he could use while his was being fixed. 

Long story short....there wasn't. And they knew yesterday. Had to leave early this am and drive out of my way,  drop him off, only to turn around 5 minutes later to go back and get him because no one ever told him the spare truck wouldn't start. 🙄

Yes, he's looking for a new job. I don't think his boss could manage his way out of a paper bag in daylight with a spotlight pointing the way. 🙊

That is just wrong!

That reminds me of the time that I went into labor and I called my boss and told him I was headed to the hospital. He said if it is a false alarm then I will have to return to work cause he was having to cover my midnight shift cause of it. I never called him back cause I was really in labor. That was 8 pm when I called him. At midnight, I went into the delivery room. When they were rolling me into surgery to get my tubes tied, the nurse told me that my boss called them to find out if I was REALLY in labor and they told him yes. She said that he sounded pissed. When I went back to work 6 weeks later, he told me he had to hire someone else for my position and for me to go to another store to see if they needed help. Some bosses are not meant to be bosses!

• Wow 1
  • Angry 4
1 hour ago, Starrynight22 said:

Please wash your hands and wear your masks if you must leave your home to work, get groceries or get medical care. 

Covid came to my nursing home.  37 residents positive, 7 of whom are already dead.  

More than 20 staff, one of whom is in ICU

I'm tired. 

Hang in there Starry. We're here whenever you you need us.

*hugs*

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Please wash your hands and wear your masks if you must leave your home to work, get groceries or get medical care. 

Covid came to my nursing home.  37 residents positive, 7 of whom are already dead.  

I'm tired. 

i am sorry, my friend.. take care of yourself xo

• Love 5
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

I'm tired. 

:hug: Hang in there, Starry. We’re all here for you. 

• Love 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..