The Drop in Centre

2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Please wash your hands and wear your masks if you must leave your home to work, get groceries or get medical care. 

Covid came to my nursing home.  37 residents positive, 7 of whom are already dead.  

More than 20 staff, one of whom is in ICU

I'm tired. 

So sorry to hear this please know we are here  for you. Sending you luv and hugs during this trying times. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Please wash your hands and wear your masks if you must leave your home to work, get groceries or get medical care. 

Covid came to my nursing home.  37 residents positive, 7 of whom are already dead.  

More than 20 staff, one of whom is in ICU

I'm tired. 

Sorry to here this. Take care :hug:

• Like 2
17 hours ago, kbois said:

Yes, he's looking for a new job. I don't think his boss could manage his way out of a paper bag in daylight with a spotlight pointing the way. 

I didn't know I used to work with your hubby! Iou

8 hours ago, kbois said:

Hang in there Starry. We're here whenever you you need us.

*hugs*

What K said. Also, remember to get enough rest and do something for yourself every day.  Illigetmi non carborundum.

• Like 4

DiC friends.

Just wanting to Check in and say Good Morning

i was sent this and thought would be good to share.

Just a thought:

Eight Gifts That Don't Cost A Cent!

~THE GIFT OF LISTENING~ But, you must REALLY listen. No interrupting, no daydreaming, no planning your response. Just listening.

~THE GIFT OF AFFECTION~ Be generous with appropriate hugs, kisses, pats on the back and handholds. Let these small actions demonstrate the love you have for family and friends.

~THE GIFT OF LAUGHTER~ Clip cartoons. Share articles and funny stories. Your gift will say, "I love to laugh with you."

~THE GIFT OF A WRITTEN NOTE~ It can be a simple "Thanks for the help" note, or a full sonnet. A brief, handwritten note may be remembered for a lifetime, and may even change a life.

~THE GIFT OF A COMPLIMENT~ A simple and sincere, "You look great in red," "You did a super job," or "That was a wonderful meal", can make someone's day.

~THE GIFT OF A FAVOR~ Every day, go out of your way to do something kind.

~THE GIFT OF SOLITUDE~ There are times when we want nothing better than to be left alone. Be sensitive to those times and give the gift of solitude to others.

~THE GIFT OF A CHEERFUL DISPOSITION~ The easiest way to feel good is to extend a kind word to someone, really it's not that hard to say, "Hello" or "Thank You."

And Don't Forget ~~

LOVE is A Gift We Can Give Every Day!!!

Have a Good Day

• Love 3
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

Thanks all. Its been awful. 2 more passed overnight. 

I appreciate all the kindness and love. Think peace and healing at all these devastated families if you could 

Absolutely will do that, Starry. 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Starrynight22 said:

I appreciate all the kindness and love. Think peace and healing at all these devastated families if you could 

Will do just that. Peace and healing to everyone :hug:

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

sending peace and healing at this rough time.

take care

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

you have all we can muster xo

• Like 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

We will all be there for you! And say a prayer for you and the entire nursing home of people! 

• Like 5
5 hours ago, Starrynight22 said:

Sending peace and healing your way Starry. Please remember to take care of yourself as well. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Kitt said:

Have you done something for yourself today @kbois?   Gotta refuel if you are going to be able to give.

If you consider not losing my shit completely after my husband told me his boss wanted to know if he wanted to use vacation or sick time for the two days (so far) that he's missed because THIER truck broke down and THEY were not able to provide a replacement. W.T.F???

He finally got a replacement truck this afternoon. They TOWED it up from South Florida. It's  filthy and makes weird noises. 

I have no words. 

I think now that I'm home I'll chill out, read a little and then pass along some peaceful thoughts and well wishes for those who need them. 

Thanks for reminding me that giving can do wonders to bring calmness. 

I hope everyone enjoys their evening. 

Edited by kbois
  • Wow 4
55 minutes ago, kbois said:

If you consider not losing my shit

Hon, that ain't doing for yourself. You do know the definition of stress right?

Its the confusion created when the mind over rides the body's basic desire to strangle the shit out of some asshole that desperately needs it.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Kitt said:

Hon, that ain't doing for yourself. You do know the definition of stress right?

Its the confusion created when the mind over rides the body's basic desire to strangle the shit out of some asshole that desperately needs it.

I indulged in a cookies and cream milkshake. Does that count?

• Love 1
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, kbois said:

Please remember that cars ENTERING  a rotary/roundabout/traffic circle (whatever you call it) MUST YIELD to traffic within the circle. (It's the law)

Failure to do so will cause your bright shiny new Porsche to possibly hit my slightly worn out, tired 12 year old Mercury that is already within the circle, having yielded upon my entrance. Chain reaction will cause me to slam on my brakes and luckily avoid hitting you as you cut me off. Not nice words may or may not have flown out from my vocal cords. 

Yes, I saw you flip me off. Thank your lucky stars it was raining because at the red light that we both stopped at I was sorely tempted to get out of my car and possibly do something rash like drag your punk ass out of the vehicle and throat punch you. 

This has been a friendly Public Service Announcement.🙄

P.S. My shower is fixed and I now have decent water pressure!

At least your shower is fixed. 

The rest of your day sounded interesting at least you didn't get hurt.

Take care :hug:

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..