The Drop in Centre

11 hours ago, kbois said:

Perspective.

I had to change mine really quick this morning which is not easy when you aren't a morning person to begin with.  

My day started going downhill right out of the gate. I shut my alarm off instead of hitting snooze and overslept. At some point during blow drying my hair it decided to pull a 'Girls Gone Wild' and did everything I  didn't want it to do. I overcooked my eggs. My thumb braces didn't dry thoroughly overnight so I can't wear them today....things weren't looking good.

Then my brain literally told me to cut the shit out. I fixed the hair the best I  could, ate the eggs, my hand won't fall off if I go one day without the brace. So...things could be much worse. 

On the bright side, I woke up to see another day. I made it to work on time, plus I get to leave early today because I have a dentist appt. I love getting my teeth cleaned. 

So my perspective changed and I'm looking forward to having a good day. I hope everyone else does too!

good for you!

1 hour ago, kbois said:

I absolutely love my dentist's office. The staff is so great. My son's hygienist was out and we both had appointments at 4. My hygienist offered to stay late so we wouldn't have to reschedule his appt. ❤

My teeth are squeaky clean and I got to see the hot dentist. ☺Yup...definitely a good day!

ugh ..

on my to do list is make the appointment to finish the work we started last year. my dentist is neither hot nor male, but she is kind with a caring staff...

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

good for you!

ugh ..

on my to do list is make the appointment to finish the work we started last year. my dentist is neither hot nor male, but she is kind with a caring staff...

That's half the battle! 

Now that the teeth are done I need to find a new primary care doctor. I know I'm a mess and will probably put it off even though I shouldn't. I may love going to the dentist but I absolutely hate going to the regular doctor....talk about ugh!

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, kbois said:

That's half the battle! 

Now that the teeth are done I need to find a new primary care doctor. I know I'm a mess and will probably put it off even though I shouldn't. I may love going to the dentist but I absolutely hate going to the regular doctor....talk about ugh!

i have a dentist i hate.. the one i loved passed away...  i have a shrink, a GP and an hiv guy  .. too many

• Like 5

@Mikiesboyenjoy the start of your weekend

for everyone else, tomorrow's the end of the week, let's all try to end it on a good note.

for me, i have my monthly town hall meeting, followed by a sales meeting & i will do all i can to clear up my to do list. and at 5:00 i will log off and put work away.

good night Sirs and friends

Edited by mollyhousemouse
completed my thought
  • Like 3
  • Love 2

I know I said yesterday that my thumb wouldn't fall off if I didn't wear my brace, but.....damn does it hurt today! That'll teach me to wait 🤦‍♀️

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
4 hours ago, Story Reader said:

Tim, you should post that on your status update for everyone to on GA to see it!

awww.. trust me.. it wont matter i just try to stay out of the general population.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and Say Hello.

How are things with you this Friday? 

things are getting better and  i  am staying busy.

So how are things with everyone?

Take Care.

doing okay, rick.. you hang in there xo

• Like 4
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

I kept coming back to this today and I couldn't figure out why until I mulled it over for a while. I've come to the conclusion that I sort of disagree, although I can see how it can apply. 

I believe that how we treat other people is a direct reflection of the values that we learn throughout our lives and how we choose to apply those values.

I can be having a totally bad day and feel like shit about myself and have someone at work bitch at me about something that does not matter to me yet I will still treat them with respect because that is what I  was taught. 

It's usually the people that we love who bear the brunt of it when our actions truly reflect how we're feeling. They reap the benefits of when we feel good about ourselves but they also get stuck with being our emotional punching bag when we're feeling down. 

Wow, I sort of went off the philosophical rails there....sorry.

On a lighter note, I  hope everyone has a good weekend. 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, kbois said:

I kept coming back to this today and I couldn't figure out why until I mulled it over for a while. I've come to the conclusion that I sort of disagree, although I can see how it can apply. 

I believe that how we treat other people is a direct reflection of the values that we learn throughout our lives and how we choose to apply those values.

I can be having a totally bad day and feel like shit about myself and have someone at work bitch at me about something that does not matter to me yet I will still treat them with respect because that is what I  was taught. 

It's usually the people that we love who bear the brunt of it when our actions truly reflect how we're feeling. They reap the benefits of when we feel good about ourselves but they also get stuck with being our emotional punching bag when we're feeling down. 

Wow, I sort of went off the philosophical rails there....sorry.

On a lighter note, I  hope everyone has a good weekend. 

You're right.. that's what the saying says.  It's not just a bad day they mean ... think about the dog-crap lady.  She is not sitting home happy about herself.

You, even on your worst day will never be like her, or feel like she does about herself.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

off to watch Tom Hanks' News of the World ... well here at home.

let me know what you think of it

9 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Craving chocolate.. want it to be mostly healthy...  ohhhhh yes....

mmm looks yummy!

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

I love you for posting this and I hate you for posting this🤣

Now I can't use the "it'll take to long to bake" as a deterrent to late night brownie cravings. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
40 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Yeah...another one I think I need to try.

The video cracked me up. It's a riot that a "1 minute brownie" recipe takes over 4 minutes to explain 😆!

Plus his voice.....Ve make de brownie now comrade, nyet?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

The video cracked me up. It's a riot that a "1 minute brownie" recipe takes over 4 minutes to explain 😆!

i think his voice is wonderful & i love watching these

• Like 2
1 hour ago, kbois said:

never heard his voice

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..