The Drop in Centre

• Site Moderator
13 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and Say Hello

things have been a challenging this last week. having family issues with bad choices.  1 cousin died, another cousin in ICU in California is on a vent not excepting to make it. dealing with Hospitals, Funeral Homes and COVID is just so frustrating. 

The really sad thing is not being able to say good bye or pay proper respects. 

So take care of yourselves. 

:hug: 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

things have been a challenging this last week. having family issues with bad choices.  1 cousin died, another cousin in ICU in California is on a vent not excepting to make it. dealing with Hospitals, Funeral Homes and COVID is just so frustrating. 

Take care and Stay safe :hug:

Sorry for your loss.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Well, at least you still have us as your family and we all love you!

• Like 4
3 hours ago, rickproehl said:

*Hugs*

• Like 4
7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

We’re here for you rick! *hugs*

Edited by Solus Magus
  • Like 4
41 minutes ago, kbois said:

*venting ahead*

I don't know if I should be horrified, disgusted or downright livid. I think I'm all three.

We have a resident who has been given multiple warnings, both written and verbal regarding keeping her untrained, satanic little pomeranian on a leash and to pick up after it. This dog has been an issue long before I started working here. Lately we have heard from multiple people that she drives around on her golf cart, letting the dog run on the end of a 20 foot rope attached to it's leash and shit wherever it wants to and she doesn't pick it up. 

Today my manager D called her to ask her one more time to follow the park rules. She proceeds to yell at D and said she wasn't going to do it. D hung up on her. 

About 15 minutes later D goes into the back to use the kitchen when one of the maintenance guys who was in the office with me notices the whackadoo pulls up on her golf cart. So he hightailed it outta there and I tried to hide in D's office. This woman starts banging on our window and then starts yelling "I've got a delivery" over and over. Then she comes in through our office door which has a sign CLEARLY stating that office access is restricted to staff only. At this point I'm forced to come out from the other office. 

She then DROPPED 2 BAGS OF DOG SHIT ON OUR COUNTER!!

I damn near lost it. I told her to get out. She keeps saying "I've got a delivery" in a sing songy voice. I kept saying "GET OUT". We went back and forth 4 or 5 times and I finally told her if she wasn't out in the next 10 seconds I was calling the police. 

She left. I hosed down the office with Lysol. As soon as D got back and I told her what happened she was writing everything down in an email to her boss to get approval to start the eviction process. WTF?

I don't get paid enough for this. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, rickproehl said:

oh, i'm so sorry, rick.  xo

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
2 hours ago, kbois said:

*venting ahead*

I don't know if I should be horrified, disgusted or downright livid. I think I'm all three.

We have a resident who has been given multiple warnings, both written and verbal regarding keeping her untrained, satanic little pomeranian on a leash and to pick up after it. This dog has been an issue long before I started working here. Lately we have heard from multiple people that she drives around on her golf cart, letting the dog run on the end of a 20 foot rope attached to it's leash and shit wherever it wants to and she doesn't pick it up. 

Today my manager D called her to ask her one more time to follow the park rules. She proceeds to yell at D and said she wasn't going to do it. D hung up on her. 

About 15 minutes later D goes into the back to use the kitchen when one of the maintenance guys who was in the office with me notices the whackadoo pulls up on her golf cart. So he hightailed it outta there and I tried to hide in D's office. This woman starts banging on our window and then starts yelling "I've got a delivery" over and over. Then she comes in through our office door which has a sign CLEARLY stating that office access is restricted to staff only. At this point I'm forced to come out from the other office. 

She then DROPPED 2 BAGS OF DOG SHIT ON OUR COUNTER!!

I damn near lost it. I told her to get out. She keeps saying "I've got a delivery" in a sing songy voice. I kept saying "GET OUT". We went back and forth 4 or 5 times and I finally told her if she wasn't out in the next 10 seconds I was calling the police. 

She left. I hosed down the office with Lysol. As soon as D got back and I told her what happened she was writing everything down in an email to her boss to get approval to start the eviction process. WTF?

I don't get paid enough for this. 

I hope the eviction is swift. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
14 minutes ago, Reader1810 said:

I hope the eviction is swift. 

Unfortunately it won't be. But at least we've got a chance with this one.... it's not Covid related, not financially related either. We have several residents who are willing to write statements as well as stalk her to get pictures and videos. She told D to prove that it was her dog.....challenge accepted bitch!

• Like 5

Life is hard right now, challenging and sometimes depressing. Everyday, try to find a small thing to celebrate, to find joy in... love you all.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Mmm.. just finished zooming with the Shrink ... he's fine, don't worry! :D    And something to find joy in today ... it is SUNNY ... we are going for a walk a little later to celebrate it!! 

sounds good we have to wait 1 more day for sun. Enjoy your walk.

• Like 4

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..