The Drop in Centre

23 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

I love carrot cake

hopefully it will be good.. i'll let you know

i made this one and we really enjoyed it.. no flour.. brilliant

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Did you grind the oats yourself or did you buy them? I really want to make this....it looks amazing. 

i buy quick oats and large flake.  the quick oats i put in the food processor to make flour cuz i can buy stores own brand cheap. 

• Like 4
9 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and Say Hello.

things got to me and i shut myself away.

was able to talk to the doctor and we are working on things. 

things are improving 

just wanted to stop in.

Take Care.

baby steps rick are fine

we're here when you are ready

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
10 hours ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and Say Hello.

things got to me and i shut myself away.

was able to talk to the doctor and we are working on things. 

things are improving 

just wanted to stop in.

Take Care.

:hug: 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Mikiesboy said:

the banana bread was very moist and held together well .. the carrot cake looks and smells good..they aren't very sweet.. which is good. Michael loves dessert and these are pretty friendly to diabetics.  A slice of cake and cup of tea and He is happy.

That will ideal for Mark ( hubby) as he's diabetic.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
53 minutes ago, Fae Briona said:

Next three days are going to be "fun" -- SP has a couple of Dr appointments; things should be fine but there is always that lingering doubt.

Public Service Announcement:  when blending still-hot potato soup, don't lift the immersion blender (or hand mixer, depending on what you want to call it) too high, or the napalm-like gloop will splash on you hand and leave you with an inch long blister.  :(

That sounds nasty. Take care :hug:

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

Next three days are going to be "fun" -- SP has a couple of Dr appointments; things should be fine but there is always that lingering doubt.

Public Service Announcement:  when blending still-hot potato soup, don't lift the immersion blender (or hand mixer, depending on what you want to call it) too high, or the napalm-like gloop will splash on you hand and leave you with an inch long blister.  :(

Good luck with the appointments Fae.

Aloe for the burn! (Don't feel bad, my best friend ironed her hand when we were in high school, she hasn't touched an iron since)

• Like 4
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, Fae Briona said:

@kbois’s right, aloe works. I didn’t have any when I accidentally poured boiling water over four fingers - yep, missed the mug, because I wasn’t paying enough attention - so I ended up slathering on Aveeno hand cream because it’s main ingredient is oatmeal, which also works on burns. 

• Like 5

Ahhhh...January....shredding season for offices all over the world. 

Behind my desk looks like a ticker tape parade passed thru. No matter how careful I am, how much I shake the shredder, it still gets all over the floor. 😒

• Haha 5
9 hours ago, kbois said:

Ahhhh...January....shredding season for offices all over the world. 

Behind my desk looks like a ticker tape parade passed thru. No matter how careful I am, how much I shake the shredder, it still gets all over the floor. 😒

the UPS store near us offers shredding services, we'll take a bunch over there soon. Work is all handled in our main office.

Popped in to say goodnight, sleep well

• Like 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

the UPS store near us offers shredding services, we'll take a bunch over there soon. Work is all handled in our main office.

We have a truck that comes in w. a power shredder that can chew through large binder clips.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I absolutely love my dentist's office. The staff is so great. My son's hygienist was out and we both had appointments at 4. My hygienist offered to stay late so we wouldn't have to reschedule his appt. ❤

My teeth are squeaky clean and I got to see the hot dentist. ☺Yup...definitely a good day!

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..