The Drop in Centre

12 hours ago, kbois said:

The only thing that got on my nerves today was @Wayne Grayposting a new chapter after I took my lunch and I had a lot to do this afternoon too so I had to wait.

Did me the same way.

He really can be a brat at times🤣

Edited by spyke
  • Haha 3

I'm going to make banana bread today using the recipe tim shared. I'm tweaking it just a tad and adding walnuts.  But first I'm soaking the walnuts in Fireball 🔥... I'll let you know how it turns out!

Have a good day everybody!

• Like 5
7 hours ago, kbois said:

I'm going to make banana bread today.  But first I'm soaking the walnuts in Fireball 🔥... I'll let you know how it turns out!

So let's just go ahead and add this to the success column. 

The fireball softened the walnuts and I didn't add any extra cinnamon, but the taste is definitely there.  It's a lot denser than the regular recipe and doesn't rise very much, but it tastes amazing! 

Thanks for sharing that one @Mikiesboy

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Kitt said:

Me? I'm good. Just minding my own.

Thanks for sharing.. just woke up this morning and thought.. hey, i haven't seen Kitt!  So i was a bit worried.  :) 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Site Moderator
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and Say Hello.

This day has been full of adventures:

Ice Storm 

Down Power lines

Cuddle by fire 

Lots of blankets

We just got power so thought i would stop in.

So how are things with everyone?

Good evening, rick. That’s quite the eventful day you had. As for me, I just finished a light dinner of triscuit crackers with cheddar cheese. Now, I’m feeling the need for some hot chocolate as the milk I had with dinner has left me chilled. 

I’m off to do that now, so have yourself a lovely night cuddling by the fire. :) 

• Like 5

I'm not a huge football fan, most because we don't have cable so if we can't live stream it...we don't watch. I do follow the scores online. So today.....TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS ARE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL WITH TOM FRICKIN BRADY! WOOOOHOOOO!! And...they're at their home field..😍😃😀😁🙂

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Reader1810 said:

Good evening, rick. That’s quite the eventful day you had. As for me, I just finished a light dinner of triscuit crackers with cheddar cheese. Now, I’m feeling the need for some hot chocolate as the milk I had with dinner has left me chilled. 

I’m off to do that now, so have yourself a lovely night cuddling by the fire. :) 

Thanks Reader enjoy your Hot Chocolate - yes we are enjoying the fire 

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

...sigh...

i just had to rip out about 20 minutes of needlework because the sugar cube in my design was really crooked

it's a seemingly small thing but it frustrated me 😞

tell me a thing that made you smile today ...

Talking to my mom....it made me cry, but it made me smile too. Talking to her brings back memories...those make me smile, even if she doesn't remember. 🙂

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Site Moderator
3 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

...sigh...

i just had to rip out about 20 minutes of needlework because the sugar cube in my design was really crooked

it's a seemingly small thing but it frustrated me 😞

tell me a thing that made you smile today ...

First :hug: 

Second, the weather had been really mild - for January - lately, so going for a walk outside continues to be a very pleasant experience. 

• Love 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..