The Drop in Centre

46 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Well, this is day four of being sick. I've got some weird Upper Respiratory Infection, and a nicely swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck. No, I don't have CoV-19 or the flu (I was tested for both on Thursday). It really does feel like the flu.

Anyway, the timing is as good as it could be, I guess. I've got one more day to recover, and I hope I do. I've got a lot to do on Tuesday.

I hope the rest of you are well and having a great day.

Wayne try some Whiskey, honey and lemon - grandpa swore by it. So take care of yourself. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Excuse me Good Sirs and DiC friends.

Just wanting to stop in and Say Hello.

woke up and did all my errands this am before the rain/snow hit.  

stores were empty this Morning.

So how are things with everyone?

Take Care. Stay Safe.

• Like 4
15 minutes ago, mollyhousemouse said:

sorry to hear that you are not feeling well. chicken soup, with a Serrano pepper couldn't hurt.

take care ❤

We've got some thick, homemade, pork/vegetable/rice soup, and it's heating on the stove. No serrano available, but I've got 1/2 a jalapeno. Yeah, I'll do it up. 🙂

Thanks, molly.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Wayne try some Whiskey, honey and lemon - grandpa swore by it. So take care of yourself. 

I've been using tea with honey, lemon and ginger. Though I like your cure a lot better.

Thanks, rick. 🙂

• Like 4
52 minutes ago, Wayne Gray said:

Well, this is day four of being sick. I've got some weird Upper Respiratory Infection, and a nicely swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck. No, I don't have CoV-19 or the flu (I was tested for both on Thursday). It really does feel like the flu.

Anyway, the timing is as good as it could be, I guess. I've got one more day to recover, and I hope I do. I've got a lot to do on Tuesday.

Stop picking your nose! 😋

But really....feel better Wayne. Fluids and rest.... I'm sure you know the drill. 😘

• Like 1
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, rickproehl said:

Take Care. Stay Safe.

Today is another lazy day. I have no ambition to do anything, even though stuff needs to get done. No. Motivation. Whatsoever. 

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, kbois said:

Stop picking your nose! 😋

But really....feel better Wayne. Fluids and rest.... I'm sure you know the drill. 😘

Yeah. I've been clocking in 10+ hours of sleep a night, and trying to just let things be. Lots of fluids, good food, etc. My husband has been really sweet too, and that is nice.

Thanks. 🙂

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Wayne Gray said:

Hope you get well soon

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Wayne Gray said:

Hope you feel better soon Wayne. Hot and sour soup always works for me!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, spyke said:

Hope you feel better soon Wayne. Hot and sour soup always works for me!

Ohhhhh ... THAT sounds soooo good. Gonna text the husband. He's at work, so maybe he could pick up ingredients for it on his way home. Thanks for the idea, and for the well wishes!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, rickproehl said:

Take Care. Stay Safe.

Hey rick,

No snow here, but I did the early morning shopping thing too. Guess we've got that "great minds" thing going on. I actually had a pleasant time shopping in Walmart. Who'd have thunk it?  Other than that, it's a lazy Sunday for me!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, kbois said:

Today is another lazy day. I have no ambition to do anything, even though stuff needs to get done. No. Motivation. Whatsoever. 

Not a thing wrong with that. Trust me when I tell you that I won't turn you into the motivation police. That would be too much like pot meet kettle. 🤣

• Haha 2
22 minutes ago, spyke said:

Not a thing wrong with that. Trust me when I tell you that I won't turn you into the motivation police. That would be too much like pot meet kettle. 🤣

I finally got motivated enough to take a shower and then walk the dogs. It's been overcast and cool all day. I wasn't a total sloth today. We did go get take out for breakfast at our favorite place. I got the stink eye from the owner. He wanted to know where the hell we've been. Last time we went was about 3 months ago. He rolled his eyes when I told him what an asshat my brother is about my mom. Still haven't heard anything from him. Idiot. 

• Like 2
18 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

We had an update on Jan 12 I think it was. The new look takes a bit of getting used to if you ask me. 

Yeah. But it looks rly great tho! There was also message that there will be a “dark mode?”

4 hours ago, mollyhousemouse said:

hi Solus welcome back

:hug:

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, Solus Magus said:

Yeah. But it looks rly great tho! There was also message that there will be a “dark mode?”

:hug:

Dark mode is when you flip your screen so that you have a black background with white writing. It's at the end of the bar under the chapter title. The same place where you can increase/decrease the size of the font. It's the little circle that's half white, half black. I use it at night, it's easier on the eyes. 

• Wow 2
20 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

We had an update on Jan 12 I think it was. The new look takes a bit of getting used to if you ask me. 

I find it MUCH easier to read.  The accessibility on my android phone that makes the text larger works much better with it now 

• Like 5
  • Site Moderator
4 hours ago, Solus Magus said:

Dark mode is part of the reading preference bar at the beginning of a story chapter.  The "button" on the far right puts the screen in dark mode - my tablet refers to this option as night mode. It's supposed to make it easier on the eyes at night time, I think is its purpose,

1336974307_ScreenShot2021-01-17at9_31_18PM.png.8736dcfc1c630b0bbf8d2c634bd4499f.png

• Wow 3
13 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

i should know better ... as soon as i say my meds are doing fine... i may not be around for a few days... take care all

sending lots of positive energy your way

take care of yourself.

we all care about you.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

i should know better ... as soon as i say my meds are doing fine... i may not be around for a few days... take care all

Hang in there tim. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Reader1810 said:

Dark mode is part of the reading preference bar at the beginning of a story chapter.  The "button" on the far right puts the screen in dark mode - my tablet refers to this option as night mode. It's supposed to make it easier on the eyes at night time, I think is its purpose,

1336974307_ScreenShot2021-01-17at9_31_18PM.png.8736dcfc1c630b0bbf8d2c634bd4499f.png

6 hours ago, kbois said:

Dark mode is when you flip your screen so that you have a black background with white writing. It's at the end of the bar under the chapter title. The same place where you can increase/decrease the size of the font. It's the little circle that's half white, half black. I use it at night, it's easier on the eyes. 

I see! Thanks for letting me know!

How was the Holidays for you peeps? I think I gained at least 10lbs. Stress eating feels so gooooooooood. 🤤 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Mikiesboy said:

Take care tim. Sending positive thoughts and hugs your way XOXO 

• Like 3

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..