Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, Marty said:

With less than half an hour to go before the midnight (my time) deadline, I have finally uploaded my week 42 of 52 contribution of my Black & White challenge:

50863918073_ef37bedb03_c.jpg

It shows an old hand cranked pump, which pumped water from what I assume was a spring well to a storage tank that used to be on the roof of the extension on the back of my house. That's the same extension that the new back door I used a few weeks ago in this challenge was fitted to. The pipe from the top of it still extends upwards and then bends over and finishes above the extension. The pump handle still works, but the seals in the pump itself have perished.

Some time in the future I may get a diviner in to check if the spring well is still there. If so, I might even get the seals replaced and use the pump for watering the garden. And, if the water tests drinkable, I could even get a new tank put on the roof of the extension, and use it as a backup for the mains water in the house.

That is so cool! 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..