Open Club  ·  134 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

4 hours ago, Headstall said:

@Albert1434

Here's another of my absolute favorites... my first slow dance was to this song...

I started university in 1966. When that song first came out in 1967 it was added to the jukebox in the bar in the Students Union building. It quickly became a favourite with the students and, when I left university in 1971 it was still on the jukebox and played at least once every night I was in the bar (often enough I would be the one to put it on).

It was one of only two songs that stayed on the union bar jukebox during the time I was there. The other one was Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit (also released in 1967).

Edited by Marty
Formatting
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

I made for Breakfast

A Diabetic Southwest Breakfast Quiche

Southwest Breakfast Quiche

I made porridge, with a few prunes and blueberries (plus a small dash of honey). :yes:

• Like 2
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Headstall said:

One more... no studio... no edits... no auto-tune... just pure talent. Bobby Hatfield of the Righteous Brothers singing Unchained Melody. In all my years, I've never heard anyone sing better...

His voice and this song bring tears to my eyes ...

Thanks for sharing this.

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, dughlas said:

When my father was a boy my grandfather farmed with horses.

As did my paternal grandfather when my father was a boy. I never met him, however.

I do remember my maternal grandfather had a horse and cart for his greengrocery business, and one of his sons had a horse and cart, as well - although he was a 'rag and bone' man (think Steptoe and Son, if that British sitcom TV program made it across the Pond).

• Like 5

Happy Sunday, everyone!

Another bright, but cold, day here. Once again there's a possibility of some rain later in the day, but hopefully it won't be a lot. I finished turning the ground for this year's peas and beans in the vegetable garden yesterday, and made a start on the area where I plan to grow my root crops (onions, carrots, parsnips, beets, etc). I'll hopefully get that finished today, or at least the bulk of it. Then it will just be the brassica area that needs preparing. :yes: 

happy-sunday-2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..