Open Club  ·  135 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

2 hours ago, Marty said:

After midnight.... :sleep:

Goodnight friends! :hug:

I'll leave you with the latest offering from the Marsh Family...

Seems the schools are reopening for the kids....

Night, bro. :hug: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Albert shared something yesterday about thinking outside the box...

So here's a story from back in the 1960s about a homesick Welsh teenager who put himself inside a box  and posted himself home from Australia... 

The Crate Escape (Or: "Thinking Inside The Box")

The Welsh teen who tried to post himself home from Australia
Homesick and unable to afford the airfare, Brian Robson embarked on a crate escape to Wales. Now he’s looking for the two Irish men who nailed it shut.

Source (#1): https://www.irishtimes.com/news/offbeat/the-crate-escape-two-irishmen-who-helped-mail-friend-home-from-australia-sought-1.4529448
Source (#2): https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/apr/08/thinking-inside-the-box-the-welsh-teen-who-tried-to-post-himself-home-from-australia

I notice he was in the Australian state of Victoria. Perhaps all he had really needed to do if he wanted to get back to Wales was to travel a short distance north, and he would have been in New South Wales... :unsure2:

image.jpg

Stiff and limping, home-sick Welsh man Brian Robson (19), who tried to send himself back to Cardiff from Australia arrived at London Airport stiff and limping after his 96 hours in a crate. He had been given a seat in a Pan American jet airliner from Los Angeles, May 18th, 1965, after being grilled by the FBI in Los Angeles. File photograph: Tom King/Mirrorpix/Getty

Edited by Marty
Tidying up
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Happy Thursday, all. :hug:

And you, Gary. :hug:

5 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Men who wear glasses...

Well, mine are only for reading, but...

What about us? :unsure:

:whistle:

• Haha 5
9 minutes ago, Headstall said:

Happy Thursday, all. :hug:  Men who wear glasses...

sexy-men-and-boys: “Follow Sexy Men & Boys for more hot guy pics! ”

Hey Sexy Lumberjack :hug: 

There's a french saying "femme à lunettes, femme à quéquette" I'll let you translate this one :gikkle: maybe it applies to this one too

Edited by clochette
  • Haha 5
4 minutes ago, clochette said:

There's a french saying "femme à lunettes, femme à quéquette" I'll let you translate this one :gikkle:

If I have understood "quéquette" correctly, maybe they need one of their own because of the English saying: Men don't make passes at women who wear glasses.

0:) 

(Of course, I just don't make passes at women.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Site Administrator
47 minutes ago, dughlas said:

High temp today was 75/24° then the sea breeze started and the temp dropped to the current 70/21°. Only drawback is an increase in the dewpoint to a sensible humidity level.

We set a record high temp today... 82F!  

• Love 5

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..