Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

Hi all, 

Well seems like I'll be staying at the parents this week... No car (it'll go for repairs in 2 days), dad can't drive me and of course today is a strike day for the public services so no train. And no point really in leaving tomorrow "just" for a day and a half of classes and spend almost 30€ in train tickets when I know all notes will be online this weekend. 

But hey it sunny so it means more gardening! :D

• Like 5
5 hours ago, clochette said:

Hi all, 

Well seems like I'll be staying at the parents this week... No car (it'll go for repairs in 2 days), dad can't drive me and of course today is a strike day for the public services so no train. And no point really in leaving tomorrow "just" for a day and a half of classes and spend almost 30€ in train tickets when I know all notes will be online this weekend. 

But hey it sunny so it means more gardening! :D

Happy gardening, Tink! :D 

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

One decision I have made is that I am going to get central air. I know I've always talked about wanting to have a small carbon footprint, but I will use it as sparingly as I can. I want my house to be comfortable for my coming granddaughter... she is due in June. Newborns don't do well in extreme heat, and the last few summers have been sweltering. I want my son to be able to bring her here and escape heatwaves... they don't have central air in their new house... so maybe they will stay here when it gets too hot. :unsure2: 

That Gary is a wise choice :yes:

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Headstall said:

One decision I have made is that I am going to get central air. I know I've always talked about wanting to have a small carbon footprint, but I will use it as sparingly as I can. I want my house to be comfortable for my coming granddaughter... she is due in June. Newborns don't do well in extreme heat, and the last few summers have been sweltering. I want my son to be able to bring her here and escape heatwaves... they don't have central air in their new house... so maybe they will stay here when it gets too hot. :unsure2: 

I don’t have central but regardless I use it a few times in the year to break up the really hot stretch

My fan gets a fair bit of use keeping the air moving but the air on is a treasure on the days I need it 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..