Open Club  ·  136 members  ·  Free

Headstall's Paddock

CoTT 2 House of Cards

1 hour ago, Lugh said:

icks I was like that two weeks ago.. the cough has finally stopped mostly...

I've been spending the day with the grandkids... yeah that's scary... they are home with daddy now.  

first story or a new story or what?  details!

How many grandkids? I will soon have four. :D 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, dughlas said:

Sorry to hear you're feelin' hot in a not sexy way.

Thanks, Dugh. :hug:  :heart:

7 hours ago, Page Scrawler said:

Hey, Nickypoo.   :hug:  :kiss: Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope you get better soon.

Thanks, Page. :hug: :heart:

6 hours ago, Headstall said:

Wish I could nurse you back to health, froggie. :hug: 

Thanks, Gary. :hug:   :heart: You can nurse me whenever you want. ;)

• Love 2
  • Haha 3
19 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Hello all. Just a note saying that we are fine...busy with our new kids and since Jordan and Ash are on spring break, we been at Universal, Disney and SeaWorld. How's everyone?

You must be exhausted after three theme parks :o

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
28 minutes ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Hello all. Just a note saying that we are fine...busy with our new kids and since Jordan and Ash are on spring break, we been at Universal, Disney and SeaWorld. How's everyone?

Hey, Xander, Dennis, Jordan, and Ash!   :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: And hello, the rest!  :) Glad you're doing well. Morgan and I got back from grocery shopping about an hour ago.

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Y0rite said:

Thank you  @Page Scrawler and @Bucket1 for welcoming me.  Though the name of this was for 'CoTT,' I had a burning question about Greg's "Morningstar."  Hope you don't mind.  :*)  ~ Ms. V

Actually, it started as a discussion forum for CoTT before, but then we started talking about everything and anything. Within the guidelines, anyway.  :)

• Like 4
Just now, Page Scrawler said:

Actually, it started as a discussion forum for CoTT before, but then we started talking about everything and anything. Within the guidelines, anyway.  :)

Oh, are these guidelines something I need to familiarize myself with?  Where might I find them?  I'm pretty new here.  ~chuckle  ~ Ms. V

• Like 4
  • Site Administrator
11 minutes ago, Y0rite said:

Thank you  @Page Scrawler and @Bucket1 for welcoming me.  Though the name of this was for 'CoTT,' I had a burning question about Greg's "Morningstar."  Hope you don't mind.  :*)  ~ Ms. V

We chat about pretty much anything here (except politics, since those can only be discussed in The Pit).  Welcome :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Y0rite said:

Yes, you were correct but missing one crucial bit of extra explanation for the geeks of the world like me.  LOL  So, you wrote, 

“I stayed upwind of you, so you couldn’t have smelled me until I let you.”  which is the first half of the info only.

To give aid to technical nerds without us making erroneous assumptions, add something about direction facing in the wind stream.  It might read something like:

“You had the wind at your back, and I stayed facing upwind, so you couldn’t have smelled me until I let you.”

So, the two halves are made from upwind/downwind, but also which way the person is facing within the wind stream, toward/away from the wind.  (Or just don't worry about the hunting, engineering geeks of the fictional reading world.  We're probably a very small percentage anyway; like people who geek out on math for fun.)  ;)

I don't know about you, but I'm feeling much better after the mental calisthenics.  :gikkle:  ~ Ms. V

Me too. :D  It was a real workout for me... and I really do appreciate the input. I am not a hunter, or a math nerd, but we have a couple of those in @Drew Espinosa and @Parker Owens. :yes:  :hug: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
2 hours ago, BabyXander1990 said:

Hi, Xander. :hug: 

• Like 2

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..