• No, I Have Neither
    • I Have Only Piercings
    • I Have Only Tattoos
    • I Have Both Tattoos & Piercings

3 minutes ago, Jdonley75 said:

Thanks.  Nearly sprayed soda all over my screen when I read that last part. 👍

I will neither confirm or deny if that part actually happened. lol. 😎 :whistle:

2 minutes ago, clochette said:

Oh yes I find guys with tattoos have a little thing more, sexy. Colorful sleeves on tone muscle arms!

Agreed. But there is also a limit on the number of tats as well. And frankly, some people wouldn't look good with them. I'm one of them.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, BHopper2 said:

Though there is one type of tattoo that is an instant turn off, and a deal breaker. Words and Names. Especially names. I don't want to be in the moment of a good time, and look down and see "Grandma Milly, RIP." All interest lost at that point.

Names can be slightly off-putting, it's true. I also find portrait tattoos iffy, as most of them are kind of awful, but I do know a tattoo artist who does them extremely well. I like words, though. My ex has "Amor fati" tattooed on her wrist. She's a philosophy nerd and loves Nietzsche, so... I've had this idea for an upper arm sleeve since forever, with bits of song lyrics. But they'd be in like a flowy font and kind of intertwine and form a pattern, you know?

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Thorn Wilde said:

Sooo, I had to look up hafada and quiche, cause I'm not terribly savvy with the names for things, and . . . that's brave. Kudos.

I didn't want any of them. However, Sir did. He said id like them and I do.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

I first pierced my ears when I was 17, my friend shoved a safety pin through my ear one morning before school. I returned the favor.  

Before i I was done, I had seventeen, seven ear, both eyebrows, nose, two lips, tongue, navel, two collarbone, one Prince Albert

i didn’t get my first tattoo until I was thirty. By then I lost all the piercings but two in my ear, currently diamond studs.

As for tattoos, I designed all four of them and each has a special meaning.  Two on each arm.  But I will be getting another one soon, mine and my fiancé’s birthdays, I drew it out and we will be getting matching ones as my engagement present.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
20 minutes ago, Jason Rimbaud said:

I first pierced my ears when I was 17, my friend shoved a safety pin through my ear one morning before school. I returned the favor.  

Before i I was done, I had seventeen, seven ear, both eyebrows, nose, two lips, tongue, navel, two collarbone, one Prince Albert

Did you get to class on time that morning?  ;–)

1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

Did you get to class on time that morning?  ;–)

I doubt it.  :unsure:

1 hour ago, Jason Rimbaud said:

The teacher sent me to nurse, i had some residual blood.  

A Prince Albert? You never walked straight again, did you?  ;~)

• Haha 3
1 minute ago, Page Scrawler said:

I doubt it.  :unsure:

17 piercings all at once seems like it would take an awful lot of time before school starts! It’s no wonder there was some residual blood. I’m surprised he had any blood left after all those piercings!  ;–)

52 minutes ago, Parker Owens said:

It’s funny, but I never wanted any when I was younger. Now I’m thinking about it. I suppose a tat is cheaper than a red sports car...

Yes, but when you get tired of the Corvette, you can sell it or replace it with a different model easily!  ;–)

27 minutes ago, Dodger said:

I'm a tattoo virgin and never been pierced so I fall into the first category. I'm also allergic to pain and discomfort and hate sitting down for long periods with nothing to do. Too much like going to the dentist for my liking but who knows. Never say never.

My mom, who always said tattoos were trashy things for trashy people, ended up getting two at 51 on her ankle. I got the two sayings from her mom and dad tattooed on my back, and she got them tattooed on her ankle. 

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Thorn Wilde said:

I can't hear or read 'Prince Albert' without being reminded of this. (Content warning: swearing and kind of offensive, but I think I can forgive Robin Williams almost anything...)

Madonna turns into Margaret Hamilton?  ;–)

41 minutes ago, Jason Rimbaud said:

And let me clarify...I pierced my ear that first day, I didn't get all 17 piercings at the same time, it was over a few years and the rest were all done by a professional.

But it was so much more fun to intentionally misinterpret what you said!  ;–)