• 2 weeks later...

The story's moving ahead, although it keeps fighting me. I want a short story and the characters keep pushing for more. I... will... resist.

Since we already met Riley, one of the protagonists, here's a peek at the other one.

Spoiler

Phil Martinez entered the kitchen without making any noise; the woman at the sink rinsing dishes did not notice when he crept up behind her. “Happy New Year, Maria,” he said, as he wrapped his arms around her and kissed the side of her face.

“¡Ay, Dios mio! Me vas a dar un ataque al corazón, Felipe. ¿Y por que estás desnudo?”

“Yeah, bro… Why are you trying to give Abuela a heart attack and why are you naked?”

Phil twirled around to face the speaker. His younger brother, Matt, sat at the kitchen table with The Miami Herald’s sports page and a mug. “Morning, bro. You’re up early. And for the record, I ain’t naked.” Phil pointed at the Duke Blue Devils boxer shorts he wore.

“Those don’t count. I can see your junk moving around.” Matt glanced at their grandmother to check her reaction, but she was already filling up the little Italian percolator to brew another batch of espresso. “Can’t believe you’re almost flashing her.”

• Haha 3
Just now, rickproehl said:

But Carlos we love your stories - what is worse characters in your head or your adoring , loving fans?

Readers I like, characters... well, sometimes they're intrusive to say the least. I was watching a basketball game last night and had to rewind at one point because I missed a great sequence. I spaced out while my mind crafted dialogue between the two football players in this story. I really need to get a life.

1 minute ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Readers I like, characters... well, sometimes they're intrusive to say the least. I was watching a basketball game last night and had to rewind at one point because I missed a great sequence. I spaced out while my mind crafted dialogue between the two football players in this story. I really need to get a life.

Or a tape recorder.. but we love ❤️ you Carlos 

• Love 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...