Alex Lyons, Amazon

@Mrsgnomie "Jay's LoeLife"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0BWGWXQ65?ref_=dbs_m_mng_wam_calw_tkin_2&storeType=ebooks

Edit: As of now, I've scoured all 12 books on Alex Lyon's page through the "Look Inside" thingiemahbobber on Amazon and used GA's search tool. So far, just two of gnomie's and the one from imogene.

Edited by astone2292
  • Like 2
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
On 9/3/2023 at 6:51 AM, astone2292 said:

@Mrsgnomie "Jay's LoeLife"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0BWGWXQ65?ref_=dbs_m_mng_wam_calw_tkin_2&storeType=ebooks

Edit: As of now, I've scoured all 12 books on Alex Lyon's page through the "Look Inside" thingiemahbobber on Amazon and used GA's search tool. So far, just two of gnomie's and the one from imogene.

It appears that the link isn't working, hopefully, it means that this story has now been taken down on Amazon.

It shows that we continually need to be on our guard from plagiarists.

Surely Amazon should take some responsibility for allowing people to publish and sell stories written by others on the Amazon website.

• Like 1

Both of gnomie's have been taken down, but imogene's is still up as of now. 

8 hours ago, Mancunian said:

Surely Amazon should take some responsibility for allowing people to publish and sell stories written by others on the Amazon website.

Sadly, plagiarism is easy to commit and hard to find. I can't blame Amazon for not noticing since the Internet is a big place. I've used plagiarism checkers with some of my pieces and found nothing, not even my GA postings. Thankfully, we have an awesome community to help each other when we do find issues. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, astone2292 said:

Both of gnomie's have been taken down, but imogene's is still up as of now. 

Sadly, plagiarism is easy to commit and hard to find. I can't blame Amazon for not noticing since the Internet is a big place. I've used plagiarism checkers with some of my pieces and found nothing, not even my GA postings. Thankfully, we have an awesome community to help each other when we do find issues. 

Plagiarism checkers? I've never come across them, some more info on this would be helpful if you could share, please.

On 9/3/2023 at 6:51 AM, astone2292 said:

I've scoured all 12 books on Alex Lyon's page

It's down to 10 items now. Given how much AI generated drivel is now on KU in the US (or so I gather), you get an idea of how unbothered Amazon is about what appears on KU.  

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I did see the other website, but hadn't had enough time to find out if it was more than 1 site or not. I did issue a takedown notice on behalf of @imogene_arant since they are not active on the site as GA's DMCA agent, so hopefully with multiple reports, they will get taken down as a plagiarist. Though I've known authors who've had to prove their copyright multiple times, I've had to issue notices several times over the years, and no, Amazon doesn't really care. It's a platform, not a publisher, and they make the process a pain in the ass on both ends. 

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 1
4 hours ago, Cia said:

I did see the other website, but hadn't had enough time to find out if it was more than 1 site or not. I did issue a takedown notice on behalf of @imogene_arant since they are not active on the site as GA's DMCA agent, so hopefully with multiple reports, they will get taken down as a plagiarist. Though I've known authors who've had to prove their copyright multiple times, I've had to issue notices several times over the years, and no, Amazon doesn't really care. It's a platform, not a publisher, and they make the process a pain in the ass on both ends. 

I did look up the, so-called, publishing house Altura New Media and couldn't find anything relating to them on Google. There are a number of similarly named organisations but none of them are media publishers.

• Like 1
On 9/3/2023 at 5:37 AM, astone2292 said:

Out of idle curiosity, I checked this link again. The profile is now completely devoid of items for sale. Result. For now, at least. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2