[DomLuka] TOSOM 14 & 15/Epilogue

The wait is over; the end is here. Happy New Year and happy reading!

:great::great:

Yea Ha!!!! :jerry::jerry::jerry:

:2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs: Its here, its here - Jumping for joy.... :D:D

We luve you madly :wub::wub:

Now on to reading so the night don't gets to short... snork zzzz aaah

:worship::worship::worship::worship::worship:

Edited by Ratatosk

Now I need an epilogue to the epilogue - I hope Oliver got released.

I have to admit, as I read these last two chapters, I could see the way the story was going, but I still enjoyed them.

On a serious note, I find it disappointing that society and the community doesn't look deeper into how to treat these sort of circumstances. I'm not saying they don't try and have the best of intentions, but we often go with what we know and are often afraid of trying something new. Not helped of course when new ideas fail for some people.

bodgy

Great story, Dom. Many thanks for all your hard work.

For those who haven't read the story yet, get busy. You're in for a treat and an unexpected ending...maybe a cliffhanger.

Edited by MikeL
Now I need an epilogue to the epilogue - I hope Oliver got released.

bodgy

No it's needs no one, this one ends lika french "film noir". Very frustrating :angry::( but so very like it is in real life.

Very good Dom, very good indeed. :worship::worship:

Now off to sleep :sleep::sleep::sleep:

:worship::worship::worship:

Wonderful Dom! Absolutely Wonderful!

I was reading this while sitting on the edge of my chair. -- Literally glued to the screen. I so WAS NOT expecting the housefire!

The scene on the boat and in the woods with Sam, Frank, Bryan, et al was well balanced and tension played out perfectly. For a moment I expected Frank to be the one to shoot Bryan. I loved it! :2thumbs::2thumbs:

Methinks I may smell a sequel in the ending, but heck, I'm still waiting for a sequel to TLW! :P:P

Congrats on a wonderful story Dom! It was well worth the wait.

:hug::hug:

Rick

I hated when stories end like this. So frustrating. There is like no ending. Makes you want to know more. But some stories just have to be like this. Makes me think of "The Giver" and "The Grapes of Wrath". They all leave us at a cliffhanger and not only that, they were all excellent books to read.

the ending was very much like the ending of a french film.

Hey Dom,

I had the chance to read the story just now, from the beginnning to the end, and not chapters after chapters. It make it much more interesting. You are an amazing writer. And about the "french film", I would like to translate the story in my mother tongue, french. It could be a very good thriller for french readers. Interested ? Pehaps somebody here in Europa could buy the rights for a film ? First step for you would be to write a "synopsis" reducing the story on 2/3 pages, finding an agent and contacting filmmakers. May be I could help ?

Take care

Old Bob

Well done, Dom! :worship::worship: :worship:

Let me say up front that I liked the ending. I didn't feel that you left me hanging. Like so much of life, events are not nice, well-defined, with a happy conclusion. We are often left to linger from one event into another and then another. Someone once told me that "Life is not a problem to be solved, but a mystery to be lived." You certainly carried out that theme in this story. Well done!

I also enjoy your style of story telling, the care with which you bring along the reader from one event to another, one time period to another, guiding and inviting the reader to enter into the story event. You are truly talented and disciplined in your art of story telling. I am envious of your talent. But, more important, I would grieve if you did not let your talent grow and blossom even more than it has now. To me, your writing is not a form of escapism (as you alluded to in one of your blogs), but an invitation to the reader to enter into the mystery and joy of life's stories.

Again, well done! :great::great: :great:

Rest - but come back to us soon!

John

:worship:

Man, I have to say that this story might be my favorite out of the ones you have written. I might like it even more that Desert Dropping (well, let's say it's a tie). I must admit, I'm starting to think you have a fear of conclusive endings. DD was like this too; in my opinion. Maybe you're setting up for a sequel. I can take it as it is just fine though. Unlike most stories with open endings, yours never make me: sad, angry, frustrated, or confused. I feel satisfied but still yearning for closure. I'll confess that it's not really a bad feeling.

There are some elements of the story that leave me a bit bewildered
:blink:
. "I thought David liked Frank", was what most often popped into my head after reading chapter 14 and the epilogue. I'm going to re-read the story from start to finish without the down time between chapters. I'll post again afterwards to give a better, and more in-depth evaluation.

This was very different than dom's usual coming out stories, but I personally felt that this was just as great as his other works. His writing style changed with this novel and you could see his experimentation with certain styles (which all worked btw).

TOSOM was a great read. Just as great as his other stories, and when Dom first mentioned that TOSOM would be nothing like his other novels, I would never have thought that TOSOM would soon challenge the other the other stories from Dom that I had considered to be the best.

Every Dom novel is a special and wonderful work of art, carefully crafted and molded to perfection, but very different and individual from one another.

TLW

TOU

DD

WT

TOSOM

I love em all! I'm going back to reading all four stories before getting back into WT, because I know Dom isn't going to be writing for a while (hopefully i am wrong ^_^ )!

Thank you for another great read, Dom! I shake with anticipation just thinking about the next installment of WT or any other work you put out!

I don't think this story needs a sequel at all, it was a perfect ending for a perfect story. Twisted, is it wrong it made me giggle in this.. insane way? :devil: hehe.

One thing I don't get though. How could the doctors not realize it's not David in the hospital if it's Oliver acting like Oliver. David's very intelligent, Oliver's not and therefore can't even try to imitate David. So that one doesn't make much sense.

But all in all, I loved this story to death. Dom, you should really try to get this published or something. Don't waste your talent unless you really don't feel like writing anymore.

If it were a film, it'd probably end with the doctorwalking into the hospital cell, looking at Oliver and either silently look puzzled at Oliver, or saying something along the lines 'Young man we have something to discuss' - fade to black!

This would still leave the ending upto the imagination, but like a court room the judge would have nudged the jury into a certain option - the jury then decides on what the ending really is.

bodgy

If it were a film, it'd probably end with the doctorwalking into the hospital cell, looking at Oliver and either silently look puzzled at Oliver, or saying something along the lines 'Young man we have something to discuss' - fade to black! This would still leave the ending upto the imagination

bodgy

You see, as I said in my comment above, it could be a tremendous film ! I see the storyboard in front of me.... :wacko:

Old bob

Edited by old bob

Dom, I'm not sure what I can add that hasn't already been said. This story is such a departure from your others, both in the perspective (3rd person), genre and use of only oblique references to the characters being gay. I loved it and really hope you will regain your confidence and interest in writing. I really think it's your true calling. :worship:

Now in terms of the final chapter, I can see where a lot of readers might have been confused, but having read your blog, I'm pleased to say that I interpreted the story exactly as you had intended. Personally, I think that David rescued Fank in the end because of how Oliver would have reacted to his letting Frank drown. You strongly hinted at as much in the story. I did have to read this section twice, but the meaning is fairly clear to me. Now as to why David would care what Oliver thinks, well, there's definitely a curious relationship between the two twins. Twins are usually very close and it's curious that their parents could have treated the two so differently, but both parents were insane and both their sons are very much a product of their upbringing. I think that David to an extent does love his brother, but there is also clearly a lot of hatred and resentment there as well. In addition to a love-hate relationship, I think there is one of control - David feels he needs to control Oliver and I think that is probably the main reaon David feels Oliver needs him.

Once again, great job. :2thumbs:

Can't wait until you finish WT. And please keep writing - you have so much to offer. :king:

Just finished it :)

I really liked it! Way to go, Dom!

One thing I don't get though. How could the doctors not realize it's not David in the hospital if it's Oliver acting like Oliver. David's very intelligent, Oliver's not and therefore can't even try to imitate David. So that one doesn't make much sense.

That was pretty much my main thought too. IMO it's not so much that Oliver isn't very intelligent, more that he's guileless. I don't see how he could really fool the doctor either. Particularly since presumably the doc. would readily see a switch as a possible explanation for David's odd behaviour. It was hinted at that the doctor would be talking to Oliver about Frank and thus Oliver could go off on a tangent etc., but I still don't see how Oliver could deceive them for more than a couple of days.

Awesome chapter(s) though! And my opinion is that:

1) David never "liked" Frank in that way and

2) David saved Frank at the end because he knew killing him would hurt Oliver (whom he obviously does care about). Also presumably once Frank was incapacitated he was no longer a threat so apart from being the most obviously correct moral decision, saving him is also the best move from a purely logical/calculationg stand point: no harm done (to David - he can still escape) and less trouble with the law (not to mention Oliver et. al) if he gets caught later.

Great job, Dom!

Kevin