Jump to content
    Bndmetl
  • Author
  • 3,411 Words
  • 18,892 Views
  • 58 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ian's Heart - 16. Chapter 16 - Patrick

"Umm... I'm scared," Bndmetl's mouse hovers over the post button, then pulls away quickly.
"Just do it," Dahawk says abruptly.
"Can't," Bndmetl worries bottom lips.
"Such a Pussy!" Dahawk leans over and pushes the button.
"Nooooooo!!!!!" Bndmetl cries.

“ANNA!” Adam pushed Dad away from him, Adam was looking over Dad’s shoulder at Aunt Anna.

“Huh?” Dad reacted surprised. He moved toward Adam, and he stepped back from him, Adam’s eyes flicked to Dad. By the look on Dad’s face, it couldn’t be a good expression on Adam’s face. I moved toward Dad not knowing what else to do. I thought maybe Dad could use me for support or something. I could see Adam’s face now, and I’ve never seen anyone that angry before, I swear.

“What the hell is going on?” Adam demanded his eyes shifting back at Anna again. What is going on?

“What the fuck are you doing here? How did you find me?” Anna slammed her fists down beside her hips, “And what the hell are you doing kissing my brother?” Anna hissed, the word brother dripped with disdain. ‘None of your business dragon lady, Fuck Off,’ I thought to myself, if she talks about Dad like that again, I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep out of it. If Dad gets mad, so be it.

“How do you know my sister?” Dad asked slowly, cautiously, I had a feeling nobody was going to like the answer.

“He’s my husband you asshole, why were you kissing him?” First knife in the back. I went to launch into attack kid mode and say something to defend Dad and Adam, but Dad grabbed my arm to stop me. He should just let me loose on this second-rate, despicable, vile human being. I could take her ass out easy, three hits, POW-POW, then ‘wee waa wee waa’ the ambulance hitting eighty mph to the hospital. But alas she’s a female and a pregnant one at that. I do hate violence and abuse, but seriously someone should push this cow in front of a truck.

“Adam’s my boyfriend?” Dad answered slow and dazed like it was a question. Adam’s eyes drifted to Dad for a second they were black with anger. The second knife in the back to Dad. I guess he’s no longer Dad’s boyfriend. I put my hand on Dad’s shoulder in comfort, I could hear his heart break the second Adam’s eye were on him.

“I thought you said your last name was Wright?” Adam asked Dad sternly.

“It is,” I answered for Dad confused. Adam’s gaze wandered to Anna.

“You told me your last name was Chesterfield,” He told Anna.

She rolled her eyes, “I wasn’t going to give you my real name when we first met, it’s my mother's maiden name. I simply had it changed before the wedding,” if she had added a “Duh!” to the end of the sentence, I wouldn’t have been surprised. Adam’s face screwed up in anger. I don’t blame him. Aunty Anna is a psycho-hell-beast. I don’t even know why someone would do that, just tell the truth before it went any further.

“Anna!” Dad blew up.

“Did,” Adam turned pointing harshly to Dad, “Did, you know about this? Is that why you didn’t want me to come up here? What kind of sick game are you two playing?” The hurt and anger Adam had in his voice, it had been directed at my Dad, it cut me to the core. I felt my eyes stinging, burning, I had a lump in my throat I couldn’t swallow around.

“Adam,” Dad begged, “You know me better than that, I had no idea. I didn’t know. If I had… do you think I would do something like that?”

“You had to have known?” he growled, “How could you do this to someone, you told me you loved me, was that all part of some sick twisted plan.”

“I do love you,” Dad pleaded with Adam, “I swear I didn’t know, if I had, I would have told you.” The tears fell, and wouldn’t stop coming. Oh, my God, I’m going to throw up. Adam’s not only married but married to Dad’s sister. Poor Dad, I can’t even imagine how he feels. Actually, I can see how he feels just on his face. Ever feel like you’ve been kicked in the balls, stabbed in the gut and then for shits and giggles get run over by a truck. That is how bad my Dad looked right now. His entire world turned upside down again, for the second time in his life. He is devastated, inconsolable. Dad clutched at his stomach and his body just crumbled to the floor. Shit, shit, shit, what do I do? I wish Grandpa were here. I ran to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water, giving it to him as I helped his limp body move to a dining room chair and fussed over him for a moment, then focused again on Adam and Anna. If this escalates too far, I can always call the cops. There’s no way I’d go up against Adam he’s huge, not that I want to. I’d instead take out the venomous hag he was fighting against.

“Shut up Ian, you’re just as fucking useless as he is,” she pointed to Adam, “Your boyfriend dies, and then you pout for eight years. Mom and Dad couldn’t stop fussing, all Ian, all of the time. Jesus Christ, cry me a river, how long are you going to milk that for.” Christ this mole faced demon has no boundaries. Third knife, but this one to the heart. I can’t believe someone could be so cruel.

Adam, stepped past Dad like he wasn’t even there and faced off with Anna, “You took off, no note, no warning, nothing Anna, you just fucked off with my baby never to be heard from again. Do you have any idea how long I’ve been looking for you? What I’ve gone through. I hired a private investigator, but even he couldn’t find you,” Adam was getting angrier as he spoke, “You closed down your social media pages, I contacted all your friends, I looked for your parents and couldn’t find them. Now I know why. Do you know what I got for my trouble Anna – nothing. “Why?” he blew out a breath, “You took everything, you blew through our savings, and when that run out, you went after my paycheck every month. I had to start borrowing money from my folks just to pay the bills, you didn’t even spend the money on the baby. Tell me WHY?” Adam yelled in frustration.

“I have needs, Adam. You couldn’t provide them, you made a promise to look after me, and you didn’t, so I left,” she said calmly with a hint of snooty protention and waved her hand dismissively then folding her arms across her chest.

“And what about the baby? MY BABY?” Adam yelled again.

“What about it?” she huffed, and slumped her shoulders, “What was I supposed to do Adam? You got me pregnant, and it’s not like I wanted a baby, I wasn’t gonna raise the stupid kid on my own. Why do you think I married you? You were supposed to take care of me, and you got the kid you wanted, win-win,” she shrugged a shoulder, “You couldn’t even do that, why would I stay?” Anna said as a matter of fact like the baby didn’t matter, and Adam was nothing, just a means to an end. I can’t believe someone could be so cruel. What the hell? Who does that? What type of person even thinks that way? I can’t believe the crap coming out of her mouth. Adam is a nice guy and has always treated my Dad with respect and love. I’m sure he probably treated her the same, in fact, I’m positive. He’s always been genuinely kind to me, I have no reason to think he isn’t like that to everyone. I feel guilty like I’m betraying Dad, but I can’t help but feel bad for Adam. Just like Dad, his life has also been shattered into a million pieces, who is sitting next to me dazed, upset, broken. I don’t think he could even talk if he wanted.

“ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? YOU ARE PURE EVIL, I WON’T LET YOU RAISE MY BABY. I WILL FIGHT YOU WITH EVERYTHING I HAVE! YOU’LL BE LUCKY TO GET VISITATION BY THE TIME I’M DONE.” Adam yelled and took two steps back from her. Adam looked like he was either going to cry or smash his fist into the wall. His hands white from being balled into fists so tightly.

Anna scoffed, “I doubt that, but you will be paying child support. I wouldn’t let you near the thing now. You’re an asshole, I’ll make sure everyone knows it,” she nodded smugly, “they always side with the mother,” Man, I wish I could punch her in her smug face right now.

My heart is breaking for them, two lives altered or maybe ruined because of this…this…

There was a loud gasp, from the direction of the front door. Apparently, we were all so focused on the yelling we didn’t hear my Grandparents return to the house. My Grandpa’s face was red with anger, my Grandma had covered her mouth with her hand and seemed to be in shock. I wonder how long they’ve been standing there. Grandma handed the groceries to Grandpa and walked into the fray. I swear Grandpa is going to blow a gasket any second now, he’s usually pretty quiet, he’s always calm and doesn’t really say much unless there’s something to be said. He does have his moments he’s not entirely devoid of a sense of humor, and he can be a lot of fun. He taught me how to play chess, I taught him how to lose.

Grandma put her hand on my shoulder, “Patrick sweetheart, why don’t you come with me, we’ll let your Grandpa settle this,” she steered me back toward the front door. Before leaving, I turned to see if Dad was okay. He looked entirely devastated, then I saw Adam’s face, he was destroyed. My heart hurts. Once we were in the car, and my Grandma was driving silently, it was only then did I let my thoughts go back to what had happened in this morning. Without even realizing the tears started falling, my brain wouldn’t shut off. I was devastated for Dad, for Adam, and surprisingly for me. Not that I think this is about me, but I didn’t realize how much I’d been counting on Dad and Adam’s relationship. Now I feel selfish too. I had somehow let Adam in, he is part of our family, he is another Dad, was my other Dad. Now, what do I do? My family is falling apart.

Grandma pulled into a local park, and we got out of the car. When the breeze hit my face I felt the wetness on my cheeks and quickly wiped it away, I didn’t want Grandma to see me upset. We walked together to the swings and sat down. Not a word was spoken between us for a long time, we just sat, two ducks on a pond. There is not a thing I can do to stop this. All my life I’d wished for a family, I’d taken this family for granted. I thought they would always be there for me, not that I think Dad or my Grandparents are going anywhere. But I sure would like Aunt Anna to have the baby and then take a long walk off of a short pier. How can someone be so cruel, evil even? She doesn’t care how many lives are destroyed, or who she runs over to get what she wants.

This time I felt the tears falling. I tried not to sniffle or make any noise, I didn’t want to upset Grandma; she’s the best and most loving lady I know. All of a sudden my swing was pulled back a little and then it was let go, I propelled forward gently, I just went with it. Grandma pushed me on that swing for the longest time, she softly sang some type of lullaby while she pushed me. If I had have been a small kid it would have been a memory I probably would have forgotten. Although I feel like I’m too old for this, you have no idea how comforting it was to me for her to do this. I missed out when I was young, I know I’m fifteen, but I’m going to put this in my memory bank forever. My family might feel like it’s falling apart, but Grandma’s love is comforting, in her own way it’s like she’s telling me everything is going to be all right.

After Grandma’s arms wore tired, we sat at the picnic table. She sat next to me, and my body slumped into the side of hers. Grandma wrapped me in her arms giving me her unconditional love, just holding me, “We are going to all get through this, Sweetheart, you’ll see,” she swept her hand over my hair and kissed the top of my head like I was a little kid and had scraped my knee. I assume that’s what Grandma's did anyway. I pulled away from her so I could see if she really believed what she was saying, but like the rest of us, her eyes portrayed hurt.

“I wish you were right Grandma,” I leaned forward resting my crossed arms on the table and resting my chin down on them. “Aunt Anna was cruel to both of them, she’s managed to destroy my family. Adam thinks Dad lied to him and knew who he was all along, Dad’s angry that Adam didn’t tell him he was married, with a baby on the way. I guarantee neither of them knew who the other was, they were so happy,” I wiped my eyes laying my cheek on my hand so I could see Grandma. “Adam was good for Dad… good for me too.” Here come the tears again, “You should have heard the things she said Grandma, I know she’s your daughter, but she was so cruel. Why does she have to be like that?”

Grandma swept my hair out of my eyes, her gaze soft and sympathetic, “I really don’t know sweetheart,”

“Do you think Dad and Adam will be okay?” I wiped my nose with my sleeve. I hate that my nose runs when I cry, I’m sure it does that just to spite me.

“I can’t answer that either, but we can have hope that it will work out,” Grandma gave me a weak smile, “What’s Adam like, we really didn’t get to know him that well?”

“I dunno, he’s rough and hard on the outside, but he is soft and gooey on the inside, I guess,” I smiled at Grandma, “Except with Dad, and with me. He’s always soft and gooey with Dad, he looks after me too. I’m not sure that Dad even knows this, but he sends me funny texts through the day if something happens when he’s working, or he’ll text me pictures of really cool graffiti because he knows I like art. He sends me links to healthy recipes that people tell him about if he thinks me or Dad will like it. If Dad has to work late or has a meeting if Adam’s not working he’ll come hang out with me. But he loves Dad, he dotes on him. They have this weird connection too, they think I don’t know, but I do. I know this sounds ridiculous, but they know if the other is nearby. Dad will know Adam is at our door before he knocks, or like last time Adam came over when Dad was working late, we were playing cards, and he told me we should pack up because Dad was home. Then two minutes later Dad walked through the door. It’s strange, I know,” I said rolling my eyes, “but they were so in love, and so happy,” my lip was quivering and my eyes stung with tears.

Oh, Patrick, my sweet Grandbaby,” Grandma pulled me to her and let me cry.

“Why did she have to go and ruin everything?” I sobbed into Grandma’s shoulder.

Grandma didn’t say anything, she let me hug her until I was utterly calm and had my bearings again. Once I’d stopped crying and snotting up her clothes, she took us back home. Adam’s car was gone, and when we walked into the living room, Dad had his and my bags packed and ready to leave. Dad was on the phone, it sounded like he was making reservations for us to go home. We were supposed to be here for the week. Grandpa was giving Dad a pen and paper, he looked up and saw us, so he moved swiftly to Grandma and me.

“What’s going on Thomas? Why is Ian leaving? Is Paddy staying we haven’t spent any time with either of them yet?” Grandma asked upset.

“Ian wants to go home, I’ve tried to talk him out of it, but he insists. Dear, we are going to have to let him go, he’s furious and upset. I don’t blame him either. After what’s happened today, I wouldn’t want to be here either,” Grandpa stated calmly, then turned to me, “We’ll make a trip out to see you and your Dad as soon as we can get away?” he pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. I know him and Grandma were communicating over the top of my head, so I stayed hugging Grandpa until he pulled away. I walked over to Dad, he was sitting at the dining room table, rubbing his neck, probably aching from the accident, frustratingly dealing with the airline. He must be on hold at the moment because I put my hand on his shoulder, and his head fell against my arm resting there for a moment. His body sat up straight and rigid a couple seconds later, and he was arguing with somebody.

I went into the kitchen and made some tea for everyone. Grandpa came into the kitchen, “Are you okay Paddy?”

I nodded putting the creamer back in the refrigerator. I gave Grandpa his tea, “I gather Adam’s gone?”

“I’m afraid so, Yes,” he said then blowing the top of his cup like it would help cool it down, and sat at the breakfast table. He indicated for me to join him. I held up my finger for him to wait one minute, then took Dad and Grandma their tea.

“So they're done… Dad and Adam, I mean?” I asked, knowing I wasn’t going to like the answer.

“Don’t give up hope, I can see the love between them, you don’t fight like that if there is nothing there. Give them time Pat, they are both hurting right now, when they calm down it might be okay,” I could tell Grandpa was telling me what I wanted to hear, but I don’t really believe what he’s saying. The whole situation seems so hopeless. Having a family is hard, at least when I was in foster care, it was mostly physical abuse, and if I was smart, I found ways to avoid it. But this emotional stuff is so hard, I liked it when it was only Dad and me. But then I got Grandparents, and that was awesome. This, however, seems so much harder…I felt like I was this close to having a proper family, two parents, grandparents, and real friends for the first time in my life it would have been how I’d always dreamed. Without Adam in the picture it doesn’t seem the same, Dad won’t be happy like he was. Adam won’t be with us, it’s not the same. Grandpa put his hand over mine and squeezed to comfort me, “Let them sort it out, and take everything as it comes. Watch over your Dad, and if you need us you call day or night, and we’ll come. That also goes if you want to talk, we’re here. There’s nothing we wouldn’t do for you or your Dad, we love you.” Grandpa winked at me and took a big sip of his tea then winced, he had forgotten that it was piping hot.

I smiled at my Grandpa, I was so lucky to have him, Grandma and Dad. I hope we still have Adam too.

Thanks for reading, umm... A big thank you to Rick, Rob and Glenn for making this chapter as well, umm... as can be expected maybe. I'm not sure, but thank you to them for the help and support. :hug:
 
Copyright © 2017 Bndmetl; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 52
  • Love 13
  • Wow 8
  • Sad 24
  • Angry 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



We all knew something like this was bound to happen when everyone finally found out the whole truth about anna. This was just about as horrible as we all thought it would be. One evil woman who wants to ruin five other lives all at once – six, if you count the fetus.

 

This is the one who should have been killed in the accident in the first chapter of William’s Love! I think that somehow the two evil women in your stories should eventually become cellmates. They deserve each other!

Link to comment

You know… the US has the worst healthcare system of all the industrialized countries. More women die in childbirth here than in most of the developed world. She’s already run away once, she could do it again! And if she doesn’t want Adam to be able to trace her, she wouldn’t want to use coverage she gets through his job… Just sayin’…

Link to comment
1 hour ago, tesao said:

As long as we’re fantasizing, Trump could be placed in their cell block.  Would serve all 3 right.

:devil:

The two women would need to wear the female equivalent of a cup. He’s kind of grabby. I think Mikey should be his cell-mate – he picked him, he should be forced to live with him!

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
3 hours ago, tesao said:

 It’s incomprehensible that two loving parents who produced Ian also spawned that “puta danada”.  I agree that a horrible labor, loss of custody, public shame, lifelong financial destitution, and then a prison cell with Will’s mother would make me feel better.  Too bad Anna’s crimes against humanity can’t land her there.

 

As long as we’re fantasizing, Trump could be placed in their cell block.  Would serve all 3 right.

:devil:

@tesao you portuguese or brazilian? I liked your ideia of cell mates, lol, and "puta danada" :rofl:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, droughtquake said:

The two women would need to wear the female equivalent of a cup. He’s kind of grabby. I think Mikey should be his cell-mate – he picked him, he should be forced to live with him!

 

  Exactly because he’s grabby.  I mean....eewwwwwwww.   And I agree about Mr. P. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
47 minutes ago, Sweetlion said:

@tesao you portuguese or brazilian? I liked your ideia of cell mates, lol, and "puta danada" :rofl:

 

Neither, but it’s the first phrase that popped into my head when I thought of Anna.   I guess I just naturally swear in Portuguese.   Brazilian Portuguese contains some uniquely horrific (delicious) curse phrases, their impact doesn’t quite translate into English.  Could be all the time I spent in South America, especially Brazil, living and studying… and partying.  No, not that kind...    ;-/

 

E você?   Brasileiro?   Português?

Edited by tesao
  • Like 2
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, tesao said:

 

Neither, but it’s the first phrase that popped into my head when I thought of Anna.   I guess I just naturally swear in Portuguese.   Brazilian Portuguese contains some uniquely horrific (delicious) curse phrases, the impact of which don’t quite translate into English.  Could be all the time I spent in South America, especially Brazil, living and studying… and partying.  No, not that kind...    ;-/

 

E você?   Brasileiro?   Português?

Pt:D

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Well I gave it a heart because I really care about these characters. I thought about using the angry face because I am not happy about this development. However, from the other story (William' Love - as if anyone has gotten this far and doesn't know that) I knew that this was coming, and  I know Adam and Ian will resolve things. But wow, this was hard to read, and probably hard to write. Thanks.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..