Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 968 Words
  • 2,279 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Salvation - 32. Chapter 31

“Dad, can Mathew and I have bunk beds?”

“Sure if that is what you want Harry. I think there’s a bunk bed that the cabinetmaker has just finished. You can be the first to try out his creation.”

Of course Alex’s eyes lit up again.

The boys haven’t forgotten about pets. It came up at dinner, if we get a dog can we keep it in our room? I’d share my dog. I don’t see why we can’t have a cat if we keep it in our room. And so it went, I knew sooner or later there would be a dog or dogs at the house. I looked at Alex, he was enjoying this.

The trip to Chicago went fine, I met the President at Chicago’s Midway Airport. We had coffee in the first class lounge, he gave me my package and told me they appreciated my help. “We have arranged for one of our units to be delivered to your home as a special thank you.”

“Thank you, that demonstration was very interesting and I’d think every home should have one. It’ll be valuable as a temporary emergency back up particularly if an individual has a medical emergency.”

His eyes sparkled as I, unwittingly, gave him a new market. The unit was design for emergency use by electrical cars.

He said once again how pleased they were with the outcome, and if they needed legal assistance, they would give me a call.

Walking through the terminal, I heard a loud commotion by the rest rooms, Looking in that direction there were three older boys harassing a younger boy. I walked toward them and heard, “Joey, give it to us or we’ll beat the shit out of you.” The young boy had courage, “No, go and work for it. Leave me alone.”

The older boy pulled back his arm to hit the younger boy, I was close enough and grabbed his arm, he didn’t realize that I was standing there. “Get you fucking hands off me or I’ll kick your ass.” He finished that sentence on the floor looking at me.

“Come on Joey, they aren’t going to bother you anymore, got that boys.” I’m not built like a football player, I’m short and skinny, my dad knew that I’d probably be picked on in school, so he made sure I could defend myself. I always chuckle when someone thinks they can take advantage of me because of my size and they find out differently.

“Joey, let’s go and get something to drink.”

We walked into the airport cafeteria, I took a tray, “Would you like a sandwich?” He shook his head yes, I then knew he was hungry. I’d make sure he had enough to eat, I smiled as I also knew that this would be the last time he’d need to go hungry.

After he had eaten, I took him to one of those mall shops where they sell souvenirs, t-shirts, etc. I bough him two t-shirts, Going to a quiet corner, I told him to take off his torn shirt and wear one of these. While he was putting on the new shirt, I put the old shirt in the bag. One of the three boys came and gabbed the bag and ran. I started to laugh as I showed Joey, I had the other new shirt. Then he laughed as well.

Joey’s eyes got big as we walked toward my plane. Jimmy was at the base of the stairs waiting for me. He pointed behind me, I turned and there were the three boys, running toward us. “Joey, see that man there, go there now.”

Joey looked at Jimmy and the three boys, ran to Jimmy. Jimmy hustled him aboard the plane, then came back to see if I needed and help. The first boy to reach me ran into my fist, ergo a bloody nose. That stopped the other two, giving Jimmy to join me.

“I told you boys to back off, this is the last time.”

“Listen old man, you don’t tell us anything.”

“Jimmy, don’t bother, you’ll get blood on your clothes.”

Within a few minutes three boys were on the ground, one holding his privates, the other with a bloody nose and the big shot with a wrenched shoulder. The police arrived and that was it for the three boys, I gave my statement, Jimmy gave his. They wanted to talk to Joey, Jimmy led them onto the plane, they took Joey’s story.

“Jimmy let’s get ready to leave.”

“Joey, I have to go to L. A. for business, while there I’ll buy you some new clothes. We’ll stay at a hotel with Jimmy and the pilots. Then when I’m finished, we’ll fly to my home where you’ll meet my other sons.”

I was glad Alex was at my home, he could fix Joey up with papers.

The flight to L. A. was routine. I checked everyone into a hotel close to the airport. The first thing was to get Joey settled and in new clothes. I found a shop that sold clothes for teen agers, then the fun started. “Sir, I don’t need new clothes, these just need to be washed.”

“No, I’d like to buy you new clothes, humor an old man.” That seemed to work, three pair of jeans, underwear, (found out later he didn’t have any on), shirts, mostly tees, socks, tennis shoes and sleeping sweats. Loaded we headed back to the hotel.

“Joey, I want you to go and take a shower, remember to brush your teeth. Take these clothes with you.”

I called Don, Ronnie and Jimmy asking them if they wanted to meet at the hotel dining room for a late lunch. They agreed, we set a time of 2.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 16
  • Haha 1
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

42 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Wow those thugs harassing Joey, didn't let up when told. Ending up leaving the hard way.

The gang mentality. We see aa lot oof that in the movies and on TV

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Awesome chapter. It never ceases to amaze me how bullies never learn, they "think" the know everything but don't, I think sooner or later they are going to need a plane that seats more than 10.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Wow those thugs harassing Joey, didn't let up when told. Ending up leaving the hard way.

With the Joey’s rescue in progress the references of the body parts the young thugs were volunteering for lessons in anatomy, pressure points, and pain, had me thinking of some old classics for learning!

Humming :

He grabbed one’s arm,

he punched another’s nose,

he clanked the first one’s nads, and

then he wrenched third one’s arm until the shoulder

made him speak a profane prose;

Hahahah, too bad the second verse didn’t complete before the learning made more progress.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter. It never ceases to amaze me how bullies never learn, they "think" the know everything but don't, I think sooner or later they are going to need a plane that seats more than 10.

Considering this exit, they may want to consider one with a cargo hold and ramp for quick escapes! Haha

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Back in the days before 9/11 and TSA, those flying private could literally drive right up to aircraft at FBO, so 3 jackwards running onto tarmac, even at Chi, not impossible. 

I think Joey will decide to stay. And I think Carleton may have a 'Lightweight' or 'Black Belt' hidden somewhere.

:2thumbs:

Carleton's father was a wise man. He knew the way of the world and made sure his son could take care of himself.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Buz said:

They're sure getting their money's worth outta that plane. Welcome Joey...

Joey needs to make a decision. Carleton and his flying crew will help.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter. It never ceases to amaze me how bullies never learn, they "think" the know everything but don't, I think sooner or later they are going to need a plane that seats more than 10.

Hmmmm, I'm not sure. Ten is a big plane.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Philippe said:

Considering this exit, they may want to consider one with a cargo hold and ramp for quick escapes! Haha

Normally the airports would not permit non-passengers to enter where the planes are landing and loading, except in small private airstrips.

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Philippe said:

With the Joey’s rescue in progress the references of the body parts the young thugs were volunteering for lessons in anatomy, pressure points, and pain, had me thinking of some old classics for learning!

Humming :

He grabbed one’s arm,

he punched another’s nose,

he clanked the first one’s nads, and

then he wrenched third one’s arm until the shoulder

made him speak a profane prose;

Hahahah, too bad the second verse didn’t complete before the learning made more progress.

This ustchaoe been quite the program

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..