Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,682 Words
  • 2,743 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Salvation - 8. Chapter 8

The boys took the job of cleaning up the conservatory very seriously. With Chris’s addition, they were able to get their chores done faster, and although they still had school, they were able to devote 1 to 2 hours to clean the conservatory.

I arranged my flight to Brussels. On the day I was to leave, the boys came to see me off. I gave each one a hug and a kiss on their forehead. I watched them wave good-bye as we drove off to the airport. I felt blessed to be able to have these boys as my sons. I would’ve felt good if I had known what would happen over the next few days.

I was surprised to see Alex as I exited customs. “Alex, I didn’t expect you to be here to welcome me to Brussels. To what do I owe this surprise.”

“I have some very important people for you to meet. I need to advise you what you hear at this meeting is classifies as top secret. There will be an international incident if you do not hold that confidence.”

I wasn’t sure what Alex was hinting at, but it did arouse my curiosity. Being a lawyer, I knew what I would hear would have to be treated as privilege, “Alex, I have a court case I must attend. The opening positions are scheduled for tomorrow at 10 in the morning.”

“Don’t worry about that. The court has granted you a 24-hour delay before making opening remarks.”

Now that really got my interest. It’d be difficult to get a delay at a US court and impossible in an International Court. I followed Alex to a car. The driver took my luggage and briefcase and placed it in the trunk of his car. I sat in back with Alex, and we were off to parts unknown. I noticed when we crossed into Holland.

We drove till we came to a city called the Hague. I knew exactly where we were. The Hague is where government embassies are located. Stopping at a very indiscreet building, “We get out here. Don’t worry, your luggage and briefcase are safe. The driver will wait for us here.”

I had a distinct feeling that what was happening was not only highly secret but also involved some high place officials. We walked into the building. We were met by a young man who led us to a conference room. Walking into the room, I noted several men sitting around a large conference table. As soon as they saw Alex, the man at the head of the table came and hugged Alex. Alex introduced me to the man who he introduced as Able. None of the other men introduced themselves. I was offered a chair. Alex sat beside me.

“Mr. Jeffries, we are glad to see you. Alex has kept us informed of your work as a lawyer and humanitarian. I believe you currently have several young men living with you, the latest being a young man who you call Chris” I looked at Alex, he nodded his head yes.

“I wonder if you would share your story with us and specifically how you came to have five boys living with you.”

I looked at Alex, “Just start at why you do what you do.”

I looked at the men around the table. They were very serious. Looking at Alex, I related my story with the boy I couldn’t save. I knew there were tears in my eyes when I told my story. When I was finished, my eyes were wet, but not the only one.

“Mr. Jeffries, what’s your goal? Will you continue to rescue these young men, or do you think you have reached the point where you can’t bring more young men into your home?”

I guess my face must have shown something, “As long as I live, I’ll continue to bring young boys into my home and off the streets.”

One of the men I didn’t know, “Why do you limit yourself to young boys?”

“Young boys are most vulnerable. Older boys can defend themselves, but a boy 10 or 12 years old is generally scared, particularly when they are being controlled by a man. None of the five boys I have living with me would have chosen to be sex objects. A young child would do anything when they haven’t eaten for several days. No person, regardless of age, would turn down a way to earn money when they are hungry.”

“Do you think any of your boys are homosexuals?”

“I don’t know. I wouldn’t expect them to understand their feelings at this age. There are papers written by professionals in child development that state that certain traits can be used to predict a child’s sexual interest. I want them to experience a normal boy’s life.”

“Do any of your children require psychiatric help?”

“Not now, but originally two of my boys requested some help. It lasted for about one year.”

“I think we should take a brief break. Alex, will you show our guest to the facilities.”

Alex and I got up and left the conference room. “Alex, what’s going on? Who are these men and why the questions about the boys?”

“Do you remember I said that there were more than me helping you? How do you think I get the passports as fast as I do?”

I looked at him, “Let’s get a cup of coffee, and I’ll tell you more.”

I followed Alex to a cafeteria. We got our coffee and sat down in a remote section of the cafeteria. “The world is becoming more aware of prostitution. There has been an increase in the number of young boys being brought into countries by criminals. I told you about the Russian Mafia. They are becoming more active, and Western Europe is concerned, particularly when we see the age of these boys. With gay men coming out of the closet, more or less, male prostitution has increased, particularly with young boys. I think they are ready for us.”

“Mr. Jeffries, we have a proposition for you. Europe has decided to stop the prostitution of children under the age of 18. Our program is to find people to help us by placing young boys in homes where they can get an education and learn how to be a positive contributor to society. Our biggest needs are for boys younger than 14. For some unknown reason, boys of 14 to 18 are easier to place. Could you please tell us what a typical day is like for your boys?”

“There isn’t any magic. The boys have assigned chores, which they must do. They attend school at home, which is designed for their level of comprehension. There are many educational programs on line that can get them ready for college. And of course, they have free time that lets them do the things they like. I have a well-established library that caters to these boys’ ages. I only have one housekeeper, so the boys are responsible for their bedroom and the laundry. This arrangement has worked out very well.”

“Would you consider taking on more boys?”

“I would not turn a boy away. I currently have two vacant bedrooms before I begin to look at a way to provide more bedrooms. I feel very strongly that each boy has their own bedroom and bathroom. Maybe that is how I was brought up, but I think that coming from the street, they need to have a space that is theirs.

“Mr. Jeffries, what would you do if you found three boys?”

“I would never turn a boy away. I would look at converting one of my other rooms to a bedroom or expanding the house to includie more bedrooms. I feel very strongly that each boy has their own bedroom, it’s a way for me to say you’re special.”

“We have an offer for you, we’d like for you to let us expand your home so you can take more boys home. We’ll make architects available to you as well as assist you monetarily as needed. It’s our position that we model your home as an inducement for other people to open their doors to these children.”

I looked around the table and saw smiles on everyone’s face. I looked at Alex. He had a big smile and was nodding his head, yes. Could I do this? What would my defense be if I said no? I dropped my head as if I just lost my most significant case ever.

“Okay, I’ll do it. I hope you’re successful in getting more places. We are cutting problems like a pie. We need more slices so we can have the whole pie.” Alex was beaming, smiles all around the table. I was beginning to get excited until I realize I’m going to need more staff. And probably the idea of a limo may make sense.

“We are done here. I’ll be your contact from now on. If you’re ready, I’ll take you back to your hotel so you can prep for your court case.”

“Alex, I hope I’m doing the right thing. Five boys are one thing, but more will require staff increases.”

“Don’t worry about that. You have some very important people backing you. If you ask, they will provide. Are you flying commercial or on your private plane?”

“I flew commercial. Why?”

“I think from now on, you should use your private jet. It’ll be easier and more convenient to bring quests with you.”

I looked at Alex. He had a big smile on his face. “How many?”

“How many what?”

“How many are going back with me?”

“One”

I thought about that on my way to Brussels. I’m definitely going to have to increase my home. “Alex, let’s have dinner tomorrow. I should have my head around this by then.”

I now needed to focus on my client. I made arrangements to meet him for dinner tonight. I needed to review our case with him one last time.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 18
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter, I think that with those people backing him his home is going to expand rapidly, at least people are ready to assist boys in need

  • Like 5
Link to comment

While Carleton was lucky to have connections with 'agencies/organizations' and people like Alex, he was cursed with working with them to do something to rescue children from prostitution. All of it while "...as I remember my young friend sleeping in a graveyard".

Despite EU and the ICJ (International Court of Justice) aka 'The World Court'  in The Hague's working towards making prostitution illegal under 18, there are thousands of girls and boys under 14 being kidnapped, sold into prostitution and worse! This included nations where religion bans sex before marriage, but actively turn a blind eye and allow using children for sex. (Having worked for a leading NGO I 'know' this to be true!).

While there may be 'some' people trying to do what Carleton does, the need to rescue continues unabated.

Let's see how many more boys Carleton helped in the past, and if new house owner Robert, once he finishes reading Carleton's 'book' /diary,  agrees to help Steven and 'The Trust'.

'Tony'

 

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 4
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

While Carleton was lucky to have connections with 'agencies/organizations' and people like Alex, he was cursed with working with them to do something to rescue children from prostitution. All of it while "...as I remember my young friend sleeping in a graveyard".

Despite EU and the ICJ (International Court of Justice) aka 'The World Court'  in The Hague's working towards making prostitution illegal under 18, there are thousands of girls and boys under 14 being kidnapped, sold into prostitution and worse! This included nations where religion bans sex before marriage, but actively turn a blind eye and allow using children for sex. (Having worked for a leading NGO I 'know' this to be true!).

While there may be 'some' people trying to do what Carleton does, the need to rescue continues unabated.

Let's see how many more boys Carleton helped in the past, and if our new house owner, (please DO name him CL) once he finishes reading Carleton's 'book' /diary,  agrees to help Steven and 'The Trust'.

'Tony'

 

Tony I have named him in my comments to the readers  comments. His first name is Robert.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

It’s time to name the head of Human Resources...what do you think Maria, hands on? Or Supervisory only?

I think as the only consistent presence, and is the mother/grandma presence for all practical purposes, she must have absolute authority to hire and fire any additional adults to be present in her home, the home she embraced and has managed through all the transitions.

Well that’s my opinion,...it might not be worth a jelly bean, but there it is!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Philippe said:

It’s time to name the head of Human Resources...what do you think Maria, hands on? Or Supervisory only?

I think as the only consistent presence, and is the mother/grandma presence for all practical purposes, she must have absolute authority to hire and fire any additional adults to be present in her home, the home she embraced and has managed through all the transitions.

Well that’s my opinion,...it might not be worth a jelly bean, but there it is!

Maybe two jelly beans, but no licorice

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, CLJobe said:

Tony I have named him in my comments to the readers  comments. His first name is Robert.

Noted and changed CL. (ed)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
17 minutes ago, Chris L said:

This house about to go from Mansion to MEGA Mansion! 🥰

Yes, I think you are right. I don't think CVarelton could tuen away any boy, m even if they have to sleep on the floor.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Chris L said:

This house about to go from Mansion to MEGA Mansion! 🥰

1 hour ago, CLJobe said:

Yes, I think you are right. I don't think CVarelton could tuen away any boy, m even if they have to sleep on the floor.

I have no idea of their concept for the layout, but the the idea of an outer perimeter of rooms opening into an inner atrium (w/kitchen) garden would help bring a sense of equality and inclusion while avoiding long dormitory halls and the separation cliques that configuration may bring. Many like a performance hall, amphitheater or other layouts that bring the audience to the central attraction; here the family space needs to be more central with more equal distance to all.

I’m hoping for more jelly beans! Hahaha 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Philippe said:

I have no idea of their concept for the layout, but the the idea of an outer perimeter of rooms opening into an inner atrium (w/kitchen) garden would help bring a sense of equality and inclusion while avoiding long dormitory halls and the separation cliques that configuration may bring. Many like a performance hall, amphitheater or other layouts that bring the audience to the central attraction; here the family space needs to be more central with more equal distance to all.

I’m hoping for more jelly beans! Hahaha 

I'll see that you have a package of jelly beans, Send me your address to my gmail account.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Excellent chapter! A secret meeting in The Hague with very powerful men wanting Carleton to be an example to others to take into their homes these abused boys and help them readjust to a regular childhood with compassion, empathy and most importantly Love. There’s going to be a lot of changes to Carleton’s life and family going forward, especially now that he knows he will be taking another new son home with him. This little twist in this tale opens up limitless possibilities and potential. I am definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😳❤️

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, flesco said:

Excellent chapter! A secret meeting in The Hague with very powerful men wanting Carleton to be an example to others to take into their homes these abused boys and help them readjust to a regular childhood with compassion, empathy and most importantly Love. There’s going to be a lot of changes to Carleton’s life and family going forward, especially now that he knows he will be taking another new son home with him. This little twist in this tale opens up limitless possibilities and potential. I am definitely looking forward to the next chapter! 😳❤️

Good. I hope you enjoyvthat chapter as you did this chapter 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..