Jump to content
  • Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

    Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow. 

     

    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,280 Words
  • 1,646 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.

Salvation - 44. Chapter 43

Life returned to normal, my trips to my office, the trips for the boys continue, and we now had celebrations for birthdays as a group and individually. The pool was finished, and the swimming instructors I hired decide to stay on as lifeguards. Most were college students.

My trips to Europe continued as business warranted.

It was my trip to Israel that turned the tables on my UN doubter.

I was leaving my hotel with Sal and Alex, who now traveled with me. “Carleton, look over there.”

There was a boy dressed as an Arab. The man with him, I recognized as one of the men who was with my antagonist. “Alex, wasn’t that guy with that man at the UN who said he didn’t believe me?”

“Yes, I think he was. Sal, what do you think?”

“Yes, he was sneering all through the presentation. We may have a passenger on the way home.”

Sal went over to talk to him. I saw Sal reach into his pocket, took out some money, and paid the man. Sal took the boy and led him to our hotel. We followed.

Waiting until Sal was in the room for a while, we entered. The boy was undressed and was scared. Sal gave him his robe and told him to put it on. The boy was crying, “The man said he’d kill him if he didn’t do as l commanded.”

Sal sat the boy down on the sofa and told him about us. The boy stopped crying and said he was afraid of the man. Sal said he didn’t need to worry. He was no longer a threat.

Alex offered him a chance to go to the States and live with me. I left the room as they continued to talk to the boy. One hour later, Alex came to find me.

“Carleton, we have a diplomatic problem. The boy is the son of the UN Ambassador that said you made up the story. He doesn’t want to go back to his father. In his religion, he said it was okay to have sex with boys since they must marry virgins. So sex with girls is prohibited and could lead to death.”

“What are we going to do? This is a diplomat.”

“What do you want to do?”

“Get him some clothes, a new passport, and fly him home.”

“My dad is so proud of you. When are you finished here in Israel?”

“In a few days, get his sizes, and stow him on the plane. Jimmy and the crew will hide him.”

Sal went shopping, with new clothes, I hardly recognized the boy. Late that night, he was taken to the plane.

In the morning, a newscast said that a high ranking minister was found dead in an alley behind a house of prostitution. I recognized the man as the one who sold the young man to us.

I had another meeting with the husband of the woman who wanted her son back. “I’m Jewish, and my wife isn’t. She wants the boys raised not as a Jew. My son and I have had long talks. He wants to be like me. Being here in Israel has cemented his feelings about being raised in the Jewish way.

“I’d like to talk with the boy privately, if I may. His mother is quite distraught and wants him back. I understand your position. I need to understand what the boy wants without you or your wide influencing him. I understand he's 14 and is ready for his Bar Mitzvah.”

“Yes, he’ll be 14 in two months. I’ll have him here this afternoon at 2, he has instruction until then.”

Alex and I were at lunch when we were joined by Sal and a young man with blond hair and blue eyes. I looked at Sal, he laughed. “See, I told you they wouldn’t recognize you.”

I looked at Alex and laughed. The boy smiled, “Sal, what a transformation.”

“I don’t think he liked it at first, but now he loves it, right?”

“Yes, you like?”

“Oh yes, you’re a very handsome young man. We need to order. I have a 2 o’clock meeting which may allow us to fly home tonight.”

The waitress came and took our order. She flirted with our boy. “Sal, we need a name for our new friend.”

“How about Achmed?” Looking at the boy, they repeated the name several times and said he preferred Nour.

Alex nodded, and from then on, we addressed him as Nour. The waitress brought us our lunch, which we ate, and pushed the extra toward Alex. Plates went back empty, but that was thanks to Alex. For dessert, we had baklava. That was too sweet for me. Alex finished it.

I asked Sal and Alex to go shopping for Nour. “When I’m finished, I’ll let you know, and we can meet on the plane.”

I met with the young man. He was very respectful. I told him who I was and why I was there. He listened respectfully, “I’ll be 14 in two months. Under Jewish law, I’m a man. I love my mother, but I love the Jewish religion. Living over here, it has become alive for me. If I have to choose, I’ll choose my father.”

“You understand that this will hurt your mother?” I had to pull the heart cord to do my job.

“Yes, I understand that, but if she would accept me being Jewish, then she can become a part of my life again. In the past, all of the arguments between her and my dad were over religion.”

“It seems strange that religion becomes a source of hate. If I understand the Jewish religion, it is based on love, love of God, and love of fellow man.”

“Yes, that is what I am learning in preparation for my Bar Mitzvah.”

“What do you want me to tell your mother?”

“Tell her I love her, and I want to follow the Jewish religion. If she could accept that, then I’ll come home with dad.”

“Why don’t you write that, I’ll confirm it to her, but it’ll mean a lot for her to have it come from you.”

He smiled and said he would have a letter for me in a few minutes.

I knew his mother isn’t going to like this, but he’s going to be a man under Jewish law soon. If she’s smart, she’ll accept his condition, and she’ll be in his life. The ball is in her court, and I feel she’ll not accept this and won’t see him again. Foolish when you get hung up on religion.

I waited for his letter, 15 minutes later he handed me the letter, “You need to seal it’”

His dad came into the room, “Moses has told me what you have discussed. What do you think will happen?”

“Honestly, I don’t think she’ll accept Moses being Jewish. I wish you the best, and I’ll send you a letter letting you know what happened.”

“Will you send me your bill? I’ll pay for it.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes, even though she won’t accept Moses’s decision, I still love her.”

I looked at him, such a foolish woman, “Okay, I’ll send you the invoice.”

I shook his hand, hugged Moses, and left.

“How did it go?”

“You know people are so stupid. I beautiful young man is disinherited from his mother because he wants to be raised in his father’s religion. In two months, according to Jewish law, he is an adult.”

“So we’re ready to leave?”

“Yes”

“I liked to stop and see Dad. I need papers anyway.”

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 8
  • Wow 4
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

22 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

 

That a diplomat (ambassador?) would prostitute his own son, because religion 'allows' (encourages) it is even more despicable. Did the 'pimp' :ph34r: get his just reward? :devil: 

:thankyou:

Tony B

I saw a documentary on Pakistan for the most part at night time because of their religion you see very few women the street  and almost never see a girl.So for these sex starved perverted men of the country what is there?Boys of course.To be fair officially the Muslim religion doesn't approve of that but these men who follow most of their religion and insist the females follow it to a T but  this particular part  about sex with boys goes out the window.Such hypocrisy.(Sorry to be so heavy handed)

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Anton_Cloche said:

An interesting chapter. Israel and the Middle East always a contradiction - of cultures, religions, politics, greed, turf wars, attitudes and feelings. In other words, a powder keg waiting for a match. Throw innocent children into the mix, and it gets worse. 

That a diplomat (ambassador?) would prostitute his own son, because religion 'allows' (encourages) it is even more despicable. Did the 'pimp' :ph34r: get his just reward? :devil: 

Will be interesting how Carleton and company get 'Nour' into the U.S., given he is the son of a UN Middle Eastern Ambassador / diplomat and a minor. Once they get to U.S., would the boy apply for asylum? Or will Alex's Ambassador father from The Hague, and his 'Council' use diplomatic or other 'persuasion' to (1) keep Nour's father quiet and (2) have him pay to fund his former son from current age (10?) through to finishing university? $1 million seems fair.

Carleton's main reason for trip to Israel (to bring back his client's son), is properly resolved, but she won't likely agree.

Looking forward to more. (greedy me, I know)

:thankyou:

Tony B

When religion gets mixed in it's worse than politics. you'll have to get up early for the next chapter  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I saw a documentary on Pakistan for the most part at night time because of their religion you see very few women the street  and almost never see a girl.So for these sex starved perverted men of the country what is there?Boys of course.To be fair officially the Muslim religion doesn't approve of that but these men who follow most of their religion and insist the females follow it to a T but  this particular part  about sex with boys goes out the window.Such hypocrisy.(Sorry to be so heavy handed)

Don't be sorry, it's true

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. A new boy on his way to safety.

Yes and it will lead to some interesting situations.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Awesome chapter, I hope that all goes well some people in the middle East do have some really strange customs and sadly they can be rather fanatical

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Definitely an interesting cultural dynamic in the mix with both religion and politics. Hell, I can't stand either of the latter on a good day let alone when it involves the sexual exploitation of a child. Just the mentality of even attempting to justify such an act is sickening.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Religion??? Religion??? Don't get me going on that! I lost my family and kids because of it. You hit in on the head when you said that it should all be about love, but the teaching and the laws and dos and don'ts get in the way of it being simply about god and man. God is love full stop. Absolutely loved the chapter and so glad the boy was able to choose what he wanted to do. As for Nour, he's fallen on his feet as he now has over 30 brothers.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, I hope that all goes well some people in the middle East do have some really strange customs and sadly they can be rather fanatical

Yees they do and I have a feeling it is a male oriented society

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Chris L said:

Definitely an interesting cultural dynamic in the mix with both religion and politics. Hell, I can't stand either of the latter on a good day let alone when it involves the sexual exploitation of a child. Just the mentality of even attempting to justify such an act is sickening.  

I get your point. But justice moves slow but it moves never the less

  • Like 2
Link to comment
47 minutes ago, Kev said:

Religion??? Religion??? Don't get me going on that! I lost my family and kids because of it. You hit in on the head when you said that it should all be about love, but the teaching and the laws and dos and don'ts get in the way of it being simply about god and man. God is love full stop. Absolutely loved the chapter and so glad the boy was able to choose what he wanted to do. As for Nour, he's fallen on his feet as he now has over 30 brothers.

Misinterpretation of God's love by greed and. desire for fame, not to mention the money, has corrupted the love that God wished many would show to each other. You're right, religion has caused more wars, has created demigods of money, pride and dictatorship 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I think taking the Son of a Diplomat as his next Son is way more dangerous than anything Carleton has done so far. I initially thought they would definitely have to beef up security, etc. Afterall, this is the man's Son. Am assuming is not his first Son though?

However, I am also assuming that Alex's experience of International Politics, etc and his lack of worry over this 'adoption' means that he is expecting all to be okay. So I guess it must be.

In reality, I don't believe someone who has enough power and influence to be an Ambassador to the UN for their country would use their own Son as a simple street hooker. Why?

Also, it is not their religion that encourages or allows for these people to do what they do. It is People using religion as a reason to do the things they choose to do. This is the same for all People anywhere of any religion. Hullo! People have been interpreting religious texts to their benefit since forever. People have been picking and choosing which parts of religious texts to focus on and/or weaponise since forever. It is People. People are the problem. Luckily, Carleton (and People like him) show us that People are (or can be) the solution as well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Buz said:

I think taking the Son of a Diplomat as his next Son is way more dangerous than anything Carleton has done so far. I initially thought they would definitely have to beef up security, etc. Afterall, this is the man's Son. Am assuming is not his first Son though?

However, I am also assuming that Alex's experience of International Politics, etc and his lack of worry over this 'adoption' means that he is expecting all to be okay. So I guess it must be.

In reality, I don't believe someone who has enough power and influence to be an Ambassador to the UN for their country would use their own Son as a simple street hooker. Why?

Also, it is not their religion that encourages or allows for these people to do what they do. It is People using religion as a reason to do the things they choose to do. This is the same for all People anywhere of any religion. Hullo! People have been interpreting religious texts to their benefit since forever. People have been picking and choosing which parts of religious texts to focus on and/or weaponise since forever. It is People. People are the problem. Luckily, Carleton (and People like him) show us that People are (or can be) the solution as well.

In many cultures in the East, the male children are treated as heir apparent. Except in this case, Nour's comment about the staff using him shows that he wasn't the son of the Ambassador but rather a step-son. This behavior would then be acceptable to his step- father as in all likely hood, the step-farther had a son of his own.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..