Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,693 Words
  • 2,272 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Salvation - 45. Chapter 44

We did stop at The Hague. Alex was gone most of the day. Sal went with him, which left Nour and me alone. Jimmy put a movie on and served us hot chocolate for him and coffee for me.

“Jimmy, you’ll need to get provisions for the flight home. Don’t forget Alex, so make sure whatever you order there is enough for him.”

We laughed at that, but I intended to get him a physical. “Jimmy, who does your annual physical?”

“Dr. James, he’s in the medical arts building.”

“Do you have his phone number? I need to have the latest boys checked out as well as Alex. With what he eats, he should be as big as a house.”

“Are you a little hungry?”

“Yes, Sal said I could call you Dad. Is that okay?”

“Yes, all of my boys call me Dad, and you are one of my boys.”

I heard Jimmy talking to Don, “I don’t think it’ll be too late to leave tonight. Ronnie has been sleeping on the couch so he can handle the plane while you catch a nap.”

“Sir, as soon as Alex and Sal get back, we should be able to leave. The food truck with the provisions I order is on its way.”

Nour watched the movie. I watched the movie for a while until I heard Jimmy open the door and drop down the steps. I watched as the truck began to unload. Jimmy helped, and then I began to laugh. There was Alex right behind him, helping as well, but he was looking everything over while doing it.

Once all of the food was on board. Alex gave me a passport and papers. “Nour, look.”

I opened his passport, he looked at his picture and then the name. “You are one of my boys. That is my last name.”

He smiled and hugged me. Alex smiled and went to talk to Jimmy, He came back with coffee, but I knew there would be more, and sure enough, Jimmy gave him two big sandwiches. I looked at him, “I didn’t have lunch taking care of your business.”

“Nour, are you a little hungry?”

Jimmy heard me and fixed a sandwich for him with potato chips.

We waited for about another hour when Sal came on board with another guy. “Carleton, I am now in your service. I quit my job here. This is Mohammed, who will also be your bodyguard. You need to know that Mo and I are married. In Holland, it’s legal for two men to be married.”

“Sal, I have no problem with you being married, but If I catch you with your hands below the waist of any of my sons, I’ll shoot you, and that goes for you also, Mohammed.”

They could see that I was very serious, “Carleton, I can vouch for these guys. They would never do that.”

I relaxed a little, but I meant every word I said. If any man touched the boys improperly, I would shoot them in a heart beat.

“Carleton, we’re not that kind of men. I have Mohammed, he’s all I need, and he has me. We don’t need children.”

“Okay, I’ll trust you both, but just know I’ll defend my boys to my death.”

Mohammed put his hand out to shake, “I swear my allegiance to you and your boys. I will protect them and never hurt them. Woe to the man or woman who does hurt them. On Allah’s oath, I say this.”

I looked at Alex and Sal, but it was Nour who surprised me. He jumped into Mohammed’s arms and hugged him. The smile on Mohammed’s face said it all. No one would ever hurt Nour.

I told Jimmy we could leave as soon as the pilots have clearance. If you have never flown in a plane, the lift-off seems magical. This monster of a machine glides into the air smoothly. I let Nour look out of my window while we took off. He smiled as he saw the airport grow smaller as we climbed higher.

Mohammed took off his jacket; the guy had muscles on muscles. I looked at Alex, and he smiled. I looked at Sal, he winked. “My man.”

That opens the discussion of how much weight he could lift and how he got such big muscles. I just listened as Nour asked questions, Jimmy asked questions, and Sal bragged.

Reaching altitude, Jimmy served dinner. “Jimmy, serve the cockpit first."

I figured if he didn’t, my pilots might not eat.

He served Nour, Sal, Mohammed, and then me. I waited, nothing for Alex. Alex was about to get up when Jimmy wheeled the cart and started to load Alex’s plate, not one plate but two plates. “Jimmy, if you were a woman, I’d marry you. You know just how to feed a man.”

That caused all of us to laugh. I catnapped on the way home. I noticed Nour leaned into me. I put my arm around him. The other three chatted about the home, the kids, and the renovations going on. Muhammed, he said to call him Mo, was interested in the pool. He said he liked an early morning swim. He asked if we had space for a gym or must he go and join one. I told him there might be room in the basement, but we’d need to buy equipment.

I thought that wasn’t a bad idea. The boys might like to work out a little.

The men lowered their voices, I looked, and Nour had fallen asleep. Jimmy lowered the lights and kept the guys’ coffee cups full.

“Mr. Jeffries, we are one hour out. Do you want me to serve breakfast?”

“Yes, Jimmy, but I’ll have just coffee.”

With the lights on, Jimmy prepared the crew’s trays, then poured my coffee. Of course, you know who else was up. He poured coffee for the guys and set a hot chocolate down for Nour. “Nour, wake up were having breakfast before we land.”

He stretched, got up, and went to the bathroom. He smiled when he got back to his seat. Jimmy served breakfast. I laughed at what the others didn’t eat Alex did. Alex also knew that we’d have a second breakfast when we got home.

Landing, clearing customs took a little longer with Mo. I explained that he was my security since I travel overseas a lot. He had his papers, so the delay wasn’t long. Nour whizzed right through. Peter was waiting with the car.

Alex and Peter put our luggage in the trunk. Opening the door, we got in. “Sir, do you want to stop at your special place. You haven’t been there since your UN speech. You may want to tell him about it.”

“Thanks Peter, we can do that.”

I rode in the back, but my mind was someplace else. Peter stopped the car, open the door, and handed me a bouquet of flowers. “I’ll be just a minute.”

Alex knew where I was going, “We are coming with you.”

I didn’t say anything as they followed me to my special spot. I placed the flowers in the vase and sat on the stone bench. “I gave a speech at the UN about young boys on the street. I used you as an example. Some of the attendees had tears in their eyes, and some didn’t. I guess in some ways, I failed again. I’m sorry I can’t get the message across. I miss you.”

My tears were flowing. I was sobbing. I had failed again. I couldn’t get all of those important men to see the wrong. I felt a hand on my shoulder; it was Nour. I hugged him like there was no tomorrow.

Peter came and took my arm and led me away. I rode home in the front. I was still crying. I couldn’t reach them all. How can they not see the cruelty I spoke about. I blamed myself because they couldn’t grasp my message.

By the time we got home, I had everything under control again. “Thanks, Peter.”

Of course, when we drove up to the front door, there was our welcoming committee. When two boys saw me, they came and opened the door. I couldn’t get out fast enough, I got hugs and kisses, and they put their arms around my neck. When I stood up, I was holding them.

I put them down when I walked on the porch. Each boy had to have a hug and a kiss on the head. Of course, I got a kiss back and a hug. Alex and Sal got their share. Then I introduced Nour to them. If you were bashful, forget it. They rushed him and started to hug him as well. I pulled Steven aside, “Take his luggage and him to his room, then come down for breakfast.”

Steven picked up the luggage, and with an arm around his shoulder, led him to the attic rooms. I looked because Steven wasn’t the only one. Some of the other boys went with them as well.

Then Mo took off his jacket. The boys still on the porch looked. Mo smiled and grabbed 4 boys lifted them in his arms and began to carry them into the house . Soon all of the other boys wanted lifted as well. Steven returned with the boys and joined in, Mo showed them his muscles. Their eyes got big.

I laughed, “Sal, I’m assuming you know where your bedroom is.”

Maria, told us we needed to sit, breakfast was ready. I noticed two small shelves with urns sitting on them. Maria told me they saw them when they went shop[ping, one had coffee the other hot chocolate. The cabinetmaker made the shelves.

I sat in my usual place and listened. The boys talked about everything, most of it directed at Nour. I laughed when Mo saw them looking at him, he would flex his

muscles. The boys would laugh.

I thought what a transition from scared kids on the street to happy boys who felt safe and loved.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 14
  • Wow 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I get that Carleton is protective of his boys but with all due respect just because Sal and Mohammed are a gay couple I don't think that warning was warranted.But I also understand after seeing all those sleazy people from before I guess Carleton just wanted to be clear.Another good chapter.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, Chris L said:

“Sal, I have no problem with you being married, but If I catch you with your hands below the waist of any of my sons, I’ll shoot you, and that goes for you also, Mohammed.”

While I luv reading this story, I too was a little put off by Carleton's stereotypical comment just because Sal and Mo are a gay couple. It struck me as the age old stereotype that all gays are pedophiles. Oddly enough, I highlighted the above quote before ever reading weinerdog's comments so it seems many are on the same page with Carleton's comments. I understand his being over protective of the boys but that comment was inexcusable and stereotypical of Carleton toward the very two men sworn to protect him and the children. Carleton has disappointed me. 

Carleton's reaction is one that most of us have done, we open our mouth before we have our mind in gear . The men who abuse these boys, who hire these boys are gay. No, so called straight man would want to have sex with a man let alone a boy. Carleton was laying down the law. He was not accusing Sal or Mo, he was making his position clear.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CLJobe said:

out of the nest is where the baddies are. Carleton is afraid 

I'm sure you know what i meant...

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great Chapter, I think that I can see why Carleton had his episode , but as they say cards on the table, Nour will be definitely part of the clan in No time straight

  • Like 4
Link to comment
28 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great Chapter, I think that I can see why Carleton had his episode , but as they say cards on the table, Nour will be definitely part of the clan in No time straight

You got it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 12/3/2020 at 3:32 AM, CLJobe said:

Carleton's reaction is one that most of us have done, we open our mouth before we have our mind in gear . The men who abuse these boys, who hire these boys are gay. No, so called straight man would want to have sex with a man let alone a boy. Carleton was laying down the law. He was not accusing Sal or Mo, he was making his position clear.

I am sorry. That is not good enough. That is not anywhere near good enough. "He was making his position clear." Has he made his position clear with anyone else? He has had Sal with him, at his Home, with the Boys for a while now. Why did he choose that particular moment to make his position clear to Sal? What was the one thing that prompted that? 

Carleton can be a homophobe. We all have our something. No-one is perfect. There are homophobes all over the world. But don't try to fob it off as something else. Something benign, something harmless.

That whole section was horrifying. I couldn't believe I was reading it. I thought it must be a mistake or...something.

I will qualify my response above by saying that I was still recovering from some of my musings over the last chapter and comments. Then to 'turn the page' and walk into this?

I am a gay person of colour. This and the last chapter were not fully enjoyable.

Luckily, the next chapter awaits...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Buz said:

I am sorry. That is not good enough. That is not anywhere near good enough. "He was making his position clear." Has he made his position clear with anyone else? He has had Sal with him, at his Home, with the Boys for a while now. Why did he choose that particular moment to make his position clear to Sal? What was the one thing that prompted that? 

Carleton can be a homophobe. We all have our something. No-one is perfect. There are homophobes all over the world. But don't try to fob it off as something else. Something benign, something harmless.

That whole section was horrifying. I couldn't believe I was reading it. I thought it must be a mistake or...something.

I will qualify my response above by saying that I was still recovering from some of my musings over the last chapter and comments. Then to 'turn the page' and walk into this?

I am a gay person of colour. This and the last chapter were not fully enjoyable.

Luckily, the next chapter awaits...

I don't think Carleton is a homophobe, as you suggest. He doesn't know Mo, his interactions with Sal have been one where he assumed he was straight, since he was a close friend of Alex. Carleton knows Alex was a street boy, therefore he has assumed that Sal was straight. The introduction of Mo and their relationship was a shock to Carleton. He needed to make sure his boys would be safe, for all he knew at that time was his assumption of Sal was wrong. Sometimes we jump to conclusions, and then when we are faced with the opposite, we are shocked., Carleton would kill to save his boys, that is certain. I think Mo's reaction, cemented their friendship. He certainly didn't want the boys to feel threatened in any way. 

Buz, I have enjoyed your comments. You are a reader, out there somewhere in Australia/New Zealand. You are a person who reads my stories and comments on them, which I enjoy. For the record, I don't care what you look like, you are aa human being, with a mind who likes food, my writings and mysteries, that is enough for me. You would  be welcomed in my home.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I was just shocked was all. One of the two main things was I had Carleton on a pedestal. I like my Heroes to be perfect. Ya know, Heroes always good. Baddies always bad. So to find out that Carleton is actually human. It just seemed to come out of left field.

By the way, never admit to being confused about whether someone is Australian or a Kiwi. That will never end well. It is a friendly rivalry between us and them, but it is still a rivalry e.g. we really do not understand how People seem to think we sound the same. It's like, what are y'all hearing or listening to? We speak Inglush whilst they speak Ingleesh. Totally different. :)

Awww. As much as I know you (which is obviously just via your stories and comments), I think you're lovely Mr Lobe. I never meant any offence by my comments. If I was truly mad or anything, I'd just stop reading. But hey, I am more than pleased to be welcomed into your home. Actually there are a few Authors and regular Commentators that I would love to meet. That would be fun.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Buz said:

I was just shocked was all. One of the two main things was I had Carleton on a pedestal. I like my Heroes to be perfect. Ya know, Heroes always good. Baddies always bad. So to find out that Carleton is actually human. It just seemed to come out of left field.

By the way, never admit to being confused about whether someone is Australian or a Kiwi. That will never end well. It is a friendly rivalry between us and them, but it is still a rivalry e.g. we really do not understand how People seem to think we sound the same. It's like, what are y'all hearing or listening to? We speak Inglush whilst they speak Ingleesh. Totally different. :)

Awww. As much as I know you (which is obviously just via your stories and comments), I think you're lovely Mr Lobe. I never meant any offence by my comments. If I was truly mad or anything, I'd just stop reading. But hey, I am more than pleased to be welcomed into your home. Actually there are a few Authors and regular Commentators that I would love to meet. That would be fun.

Buz, if I may call you by your first name, I never get upset or angry at comments on my stories. They in a way are educating me on what and how my readers react. I look forward to your comments, so keep them coming and make sure your comments are honestly reflecting your thoughts. I can't travel anymore, but I would have loved to travel and meet you. I could teach you how to cook, it would have to be Italian, if that is okay. A roundtable discussion of a story by commentators would be fantastic, but I'm afraid I couldn't keep my mouth shut. For that reason, I'll keep reading and sharing through my stories. Keep well, my friend.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..