Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,033 Words
  • 2,564 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Salvation - 51. Chapter 50

I made a few trips to Europe, but mostly I was involved in litigation on issues between Mexico, the US, and Canada. I did get involved with some business negotiations in South America, usual agriculture in nature. The UN had a few issues that they sent me to resolve or investigate. But to say I was busy would be an understatement. I didn’t mind. It allowed me to spend more time at home.

I would have expected the movie theater to supplant the reading. But it didn’t. We still read books in the evening. On a few occasions, Peter and Maria joined us. I bought a few sofas to place around the room, but I still sat on my cushion on the floor.

Life seemed to settle into a routine, but I knew it couldn’t last, and it didn’t. One evening just before dinner, the guard at the gate called. He had two boys who tried to enter the grounds. I sent Mo to investigate.

“Dad, these are the boys, and they need help.”

One look and you knew they needed help badly. Their clothes were torn. It looked like they had multiple sores on their back, what you could see through the rags they wore. I looked at Jon. He stood up; I needn’t say anything more. Steven followed him and the boys.

I looked at Alex, “I need a doctor on call that makes house calls. Find me one.”

Jon came out of his bedroom crying. “Dad, you need to see this.”

Alex, Sal, and Mo followed me into Jon’s room. The boys were wrapped in towels. But what I could see, they had welts on their backs and the backs of their legs. Cigarette burns on their front and arms. “Dad, the worst is their buttocks, blisters, scars of beatings, and signs of abuse.”

“Jon, I have some cream for them. It will numb the effects until I get them to a doctor.” I went to my bathroom and got a bottle of antiseptic cream.

I watched Jon spread it on their arms and legs. I had given him a different kind for the sores on their back and front. It was an antiseptic with an antibiotic addition.

Mo stayed. I had to leave. I called Dr. James and told him I had an emergency, I would prefer he came to my home, but I could bring the boys to him. He said he was on his way home from the hospital and would stop. I alerted the guards.

Steven had sweats for the boys and a blanket to wrap them in. I had Maria to heat some soup. I needn’t know how long they had gone without eating. I watched David and Jon feed them the soup. There were tears in their eyes.

The guards called and said the doctor arrived and should be at the door. Mo went and waited with the door open. Jon took the boys to his room, Mo and the doctor followed. The doc was with them a good hour.

“Mr. Jeffries, we need to take these boys to the hospital to get photos, X-rays, and to take samples for a rape kit.”

I called Peter, and he had the car out front. We bundled the two boys, along with Jon and David, and Mo, he wasn’t going to let them go anywhere without protection.

At the hospital, Dr. James took charge. I went and made arrangements to pay for everything and then sit in the waiting room. Jon went with the boys. David stayed with us.

I looked at David; he was crying. I put my arm around him and let him cry. Mo just sat there. His mind was far away.

After three hours, Dr. James came with a policeman. Alex arrived with passports, how he did it, I’ll never know. A report was filed, the names of the men who did this to the boys recorded, not only by the police but also by my Mo. I now feared for the men who did this. The look on Mo’s face scared me, and I wasn’t the men who did this. The police officer assured us they would find these men and see that they got what they deserved. I knew Mo would find them first, and they surely will get what they deserved.

“Mr. Jeffries, I would like the boys to stay overnight here where we can monitor their infections. I’ll check them in the morning, and we can then determine what’s best for them.”

I looked at Jon, “I’ll stay with them.” I nodded. I looked at Mo. He picked up a chair and sat it outside of the boys’ room and sat in it. He wasn’t going to leave them either.

Alex and I went home. As soon as we entered the house, we were surrounded by the boys. Sitting in the living room, I told them what the doctor said.

Instead of reading a book, we talked about what happened tonight and specifically what happened to these boys. Alex and I looked at each other, the locked memories of the boys came open, and now we heard their stories, none as bad as these two boys but still bad. As they talked among themselves, you can see some of the pain of the past go away.

The boys slowly became silent, “I think we should all go to bed. Maybe we can say a prayer for those boys tonight.”

I went and stood in front of Michael’s picture. I didn’t voice my thoughts. He would hear me without needing a voice. He lived in my head.

Slowly, I went to each boy, hugged them, not wanting to let go. A kiss on the head, wiping away tears and past remembering, softly saying I love you. I tucked each boy in for the night.

That night, as I lay in bed, I asked God why there was so much cruelty on this earth. It was a prayer of desperation, trying to find answers, and knowing I’d never find an answer but would need to continue to place my faith in that someday this will go, as well.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 11
  • Sad 9
  • Angry 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

59 minutes ago, Anton_Cloche said:

How anyone can harm a child, let alone abuse these boys, for as long as they suffered. Is beyond comprehension. Somehow they found the last bit of strength to reach Salvation's gate.

Hopefully the doctors will be able to heal and save them, with God's help, and Michael's intercession as their Guardian Angel watching over them 

Carleton was right to be scared at the look he saw on Mo's face. Whoever abused these boys had better hope the police find them before Mo does.

There is no emoji that accurately describes how I felt when I read this (at zero dark 30), knowing this happens in real life.but this image instantly came to mind...

 

 

No man knows the level of cruelty man can reach. What triggers a man to do this, what thrill does a man get out of hurting a small child, what demons drive a man to commit suchhorrows. One must arrive at the conclusion that a man would need to be insane to do this.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

I only ask this because Carleton has never spoke of it but there is some kind of group insurance policy on these boys right?On one hand this may be the perfect place for the two boys with a lot compassion at this place but at the same time the mental damage that happened to these boys it's possible they may need a different kind of help with this place may not be able to give.Carleton will figure it out.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
59 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I only ask this because Carleton has never spoke of it but there is some kind of group insurance policy on these boys right?On one hand this may be the perfect place for the two boys with a lot compassion at this place but at the same time the mental damage that happened to these boys it's possible they may need a different kind of help with this place may not be able to give.Carleton will figure it out.

Carleton has medical for his sons covered by a policy, however these two boys are not covered as they are not his sons, yet.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

No more second guessing himself or feelings of doubt or guilt or anything like that anymore for Carleton please. Salvation seems such a simple word but it has so much power. He is providing salvation to these Boys. He is so strong and doing so so much good. He is helping to balance out the bad in the world. He is actually doing something. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Buz said:

No more second guessing himself or feelings of doubt or guilt or anything like that anymore for Carleton please. Salvation seems such a simple word but it has so much power. He is providing salvation to these Boys. He is so strong and doing so so much good. He is helping to balance out the bad in the world. He is actually doing something. 

I think knowing Michael's name and his non response from his family has eased his guilt a little. It would take a csertqaaint typeof man to go through what he has gone through. I'd like to think that my friends would rise to the occasion if they were faced with a decision that Carleton had to make. 

PS I'm glad you have caught up. I'll be posting the next chapter about 5, my time . that is about 2 1/2 hours from now

  • Like 3
Link to comment

All i can say is as a retired foster carer to boys in this age group is if i came across any of these evil men in the act of hurting a child i would tear them limb from limb whatever the consequences, unfortunately the police and government here in the UK always take the side of the abuser, sometimes even arresting the poor child involved.

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, bubby1234 said:

All i can say is as a retired foster carer to boys in this age group is if i came across any of these evil men in the act of hurting a child i would tear them limb from limb whatever the consequences, unfortunately the police and government here in the UK always take the side of the abuser, sometimes even arresting the poor child involved.

That’s hard to believe but I know what you said is true.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..