Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,362 Words
  • 6,734 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unforgivable - 23. Chapter 23

Chapter 23

 

Corey stretched, and enjoyed the feeling of his back popping. He couldn’t remember when he’d slept as well as he had over the past week. Every night, after their outdoor activities, he and Jason had made love before falling into a deep, contented sleep.

Reaching across the sheets, he found the other side of the bed empty. He opened his eyes and confirmed he was alone in the room. Listening carefully, he could just make out the sound of people moving somewhere in the house. With a yawn he slipped on his briefs, intending to see if the bathroom was free, when there was a knock at the door.

“Cor?” Pierre called out. “You awake?”

“Yeah. What’s up?”

The door opened a crack, and Pierre’s red hair peaked around the corner. “You decent?”

Corey chuckled. “Not usually, but come in anyway.”

Grinning, Pierre opened the door wider and stepped inside. “I wanted a few minutes alone with you before the goodbye breakfast.”

Corey sat back down, patting the sheets beside him. “Hop on up and get comfortable.”

Grinning, Pierre climbed in beside him, and fluffed up the pillows behind his back. “Good thing David and Jason know us so well, or this might look suspicious,” he said with a laugh. Corey hadn’t really thought about it, but realized his friend was absolutely right. Jason trusted him implicitly.

“I can’t believe our week is over already.” Corey leaned against the headboard, stretching out his bare legs.

“I know,” Pierre agreed. “It’s been a long time since we were together. I’m going to miss you guys all over again.”

Corey hugged his friend with one arm, pulling him closer. “I’m going to miss you too.”

They sat in silence for a few moments before Pierre spoke again. “Are you happy?”

“Happy? In what way?”

“With Jason,” the smaller man clarified, pulling away to look him in the eye. “I know you said you forgave him, but you were so upset the night you got back from seeing your mom….”

Corey sighed and shook his head. “That was more about me than it was about Jase. He’s been great. I’m the one who needs a kick in the ass.”

“Okay. That’s not the first time you’ve said something like that. Did something else happen?”

Corey broke eye contact and stared at the wood-beamed ceiling. “I didn’t tell my mom about Jason, and he overheard me telling her I’d find a boyfriend when I was ready.”

“Oh, Cor,” his friend chided gently.

“I know, I know.”

“I guess I don’t have to ask how he reacted?”

“He was furious,” Corey confirmed with a grimace, remembering his boyfriend’s hurt and anger. “And he was hurt. Not that I blame him. I would’ve been too.”

“What did he say to you? Did you have to chase him down?”

“No, actually.” Corey smiled. “He confronted me, and after a lot of talking… and some groveling, he forgave me.”

“Wow,” Pierre responded, sounding shocked. “That’s great. I have to say I’m impressed he would confront you, and that he was so forgiving.”

“It probably helped when I told him I was going to therapy. I know I need help dealing with the feelings I have about my parents, and how that affects other relationships.”

“So you did take my advice about talking to somebody.” Pierre turned his gaze on him. “I know it was a hard decision, but I think it will do you some good.”

“I know it will eventually, but it’s hard to talk about some things.”

“Anything you want to get off your chest?”

“It’s probably nothing you don’t already know.” Corey shifted so they could be face-to-face. “During my last session, she wanted me to tell her about the day I got kicked out.”

The redhead grimaced. “I remember that day. You were pretty upset.”

“I was. It’s not every day you get kicked out by your father.”

“Do you remember calling me from the motel?”

“Vaguely.” Corey tried to think back, but a lot of that day was a blur.

“You called me, and I conferenced Drew on the call,” Pierre said, looking sad. “You raged for quite a while about your dad… and your mom. We had to talk you out of going back to confront him again.”

“You did?” Corey was surprised. He had almost no recollection of the conversation.

“Yeah. The anger against your sperm donor wasn’t a surprise, but it was the first time I’d ever heard you say anything against your mom. How could you not be angry though? She let that asshole kick you out. We were worried we might have to come up with bail money, but you seemed more resigned than angry when you finally hung up the phone.”

“She did try to stop him,” he said quietly, looking down at his hands.

“Cor.” Pierre gave an exasperated sigh. “You told us she protested once before telling you it might be better if you left, because tensions were too high.”

Corey felt tears prick his eyes. “Fuck,” he whispered, his chest tightening painfully. “I was so mad at her. I’ve always hated thinking about that night, but Dr. Tremblay wanted details.”

“You were pretty out of it,” Pierre said softly, taking his hand and giving it a gentle squeeze. “Have you ever talked to your mom about what happened?”

“No. Why would I do that?”

“Maybe you should?” his friend suggested. “She may not realize how upset you were, or how much that whole fucked up marriage affected you. Sometimes people can get tunnel vision. I can’t imagine she would ever hurt you on purpose.”

“What good would it do to tell her now?”

“Maybe knowing will give her a new perspective on her decisions, or on the sperm-donor?”

“I don’t know….”

“Talk to your therapist. Get her opinion.” Pierre nudged him. “She may tell you I’m full of shit.”

Corey laughed, and felt some of the tension in his shoulders ease. “Well, you are full of shit, but I love you anyways.”

“Aww… I love you too, Cor.” Pierre rested his head on Corey’s shoulder, and they sat for a few minutes in comfortable silence.

“Do you remember the summer I started dating Jason?” Pierre asked suddenly.

“Yes…,” Corey responded, confused about the direction the conversation had taken. “Of course I do. Why?”

“I gushed to you for weeks about Jason… how I wanted him to notice me.”

Corey shifted uncomfortably. “I remember.…”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Pierre straightened, and looked the brunette in the eye.

“Tell you what?”

“That you were in love with Jason.”

“What?” Corey’s eyes opened wide, and his heart pounded in his chest. “I wasn’t….”

“Cor.” The smaller man smacked his arm. “I’ve talked to Drew and a few guys from school over the years. Everyone who knew you two thought you were really into him. I know Jason was away a lot after we met, so I didn’t see it, but if you had told me….” Pierre took a deep breath. “I never would have poached. I’m not that kind of a guy.”

“Perri,” Corey said around the lump in his throat. “I know you wouldn’t do that.” He placed his hands on his friend’s shoulders. “I admit I had a crush on Jason in high school, but it wasn’t going to happen between us. He didn’t think of me as anything more than a pesky little brother. I’d known the Sedors since I was in grade four. They practically adopted me and treated me like part of the family. Jason was a nice guy who let his little brother’s friend tag along.”

“Damn… you’re as clueless as I was,” Pierre scoffed. “I really wish you’d told me. If you had, he would have been off limits….”

“Pierre,” Corey interrupted with a sigh. “I had a crush on him… that didn’t mean he was mine.”

“But you’re my friend. That was always more important to me than a summer fling. Hell, it’s not like I didn’t realize we weren’t going to last. I would never have hurt you like that. I must’ve been self-centred and blind not to see how much you were into him.”

“There isn’t a self-centred bone in your body,” Corey protested. “You didn’t know, and it wouldn’t have mattered if you did. He wanted you, not me.”

Pierre snorted. “Look where that got me… but I guess everything worked out in the end. I have David now, and Jason adores you.”

“He does, doesn’t he?” Corey felt a flush of pleasure heating his face.

“So, what about your mom? Is she still in the dark?”

“No. I called her that night. I couldn’t let Jason think I was ashamed of him.” Groaning, he flopped back against the pillows. “I keep screwing up and hurting him. I don’t know why he puts up with me.”

“Because I love you?” Jason’s voice from the open door startled the two friends.

Smiling at his boyfriend, Corey sat up and put his feet on the cool floor.

“You know,” Jason commented thoughtfully, scratching his chin. “If this was anyone other than you and Pierre, I might be worried about my boyfriend being half-naked in bed with another man.”

The redhead chuckled, crawling over Corey and walking to the door, patting Jason’s arm as he went by. “I’ll just leave you two to do… whatever you’re going to do. See you downstairs, Cor.”

“See you in a bit, Pierre.”

Jason grinned and approached the brunette. “David was wondering where he’d disappeared to. Did you two have a nice talk?”

“We did. I miss him.” Corey reached out and placed a hand on his boyfriend’s hip, pulling him closer. “When did you get up?”

“An hour ago.” Jason tangled his fingers in Corey’s dark brown hair and leaned in for a kiss. “You were sleeping pretty peacefully, and I didn’t want to wake you. I went downstairs and helped David get breakfast ready. I was coming to wake you up.”

“I’m starving,” Corey said as Jason stepped back, and helped him stand. “What did you guys make?”

“Ham and cheese omelets.”

Corey felt his stomach growl in anticipation. “Mmm. That sounds delicious.” He heard Jason’s deep laugh when he hurried to find jeans and a t-shirt. Showering could wait until after food. Maybe he could convince Jason to get dirty with him before they got clean again.

“Hungry?” Jason said with amusement in his voice.

Corey turned, putting his arms around his big boyfriend’s neck. “Very,” he said as he kissed Jason’s jaw. “Not just for food.”

“Is that right?”

“Mmmhmm. I thought after breakfast you and I could.…”

“Jesus Christ,” Drew grumbled from the open door. “Can’t you two keep your hands off of each other for five minutes?”

Corey chuckled, and planted another kiss on Jason’s throat before turning to his friend. “Bite me, Drew. Why are you bothering us?”

“I’ll leave the biting to your horny boyfriend. David said to tell you breakfast is on the table now, so get downstairs before it gets cold.”

Jason put his arm around Corey’s waist. “We’ll be right down, little brother.”

“Don’t get distracted up here or we’re going to start without you.” With that parting comment, the younger Sedor left the room. His footfalls could be heard echoing down the hall. When he started to descend the stairs, Jason turned back to Corey.

“Now,” he said as he pulled the brunette closer. “What were you saying before we were so rudely interrupted?”

“That after breakfast would be a great time for us to get dirty before you join me in that big shower.”

Jason grinned. “Sounds like a plan to me.”

 

Although their shower plans didn’t work out as they’d hoped, Corey wasn’t too upset. He and Jason had all the time in the world to be together, but their time with friends was almost at an end. Clean up was quick and functional so they could all gather together before everyone went their own way. Drew and Liz would be heading to Toronto to catch an early flight the next morning, while Pierre and David were travelling to Ottawa, and Corey and Jason to Kingston.

“I’m going to miss this place,” Drew commented as he put his suitcases by the door.

“Me too,” Corey agreed, looking around the foyer. “Summer would be great here.”

The younger Sedor tilted his head and studied him for a minute. “You and my brother seem to be getting along great.”

“Seem to be?”

“Jason was pretty messed up over Christmas. I wasn’t there, but my mom was worried, and I could hear it in his voice. He wasn’t in a good place.”

Corey felt a twinge of guilt, knowing what had upset Jason so badly. “I….”

Drew held up his hand. “He hasn’t told me what happened, and frankly it’s none of my business, but I’d bet money you were involved somehow. I don’t know anyone else who could upset him that much.”

“Drew….”

“I love you like a brother, Cor. You know that,” Drew continued as if Corey hadn’t spoken. “But if you hurt him again….” His friend turned his intense gaze on him.

“I don’t plan to. I hated seeing him hurt.”

“Just see that you don’t.” After contemplating him for another moment, he suddenly smiled. “We always said we wished we were brothers. I guess we are now.”

Corey returned the smile, feeling tears prick his eyes. “You’re never going to get rid of me.”

“What are you talking about so intensely?” Liz appeared at the top of the stairs, interrupting their conversation.

“I was just asking Corey what his intentions were with my brother,” Drew responded with a wink, as his wife leaned against the railing.

Corey rolled his eyes. “Yeah, that’s it.”

Drew squeezed his shoulder before leaning in and quietly speaking. “I am happy for both of you. Don’t ever doubt that. You’re both my brothers, and I want you both to be happy.”

Pulling him into a quick but fierce hug, Corey whispered in his ear. “I love you… brother.”

A big thank you to my editor and friend, Gary, who got this chapter edited quickly for me.  :glomp:   Thank you to all of you who read and support this story.  
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 64
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



The end of this chapter gets a great big "Dawwwwww."

 

Great little chapter, watching everyone bond, and seeing Corey have these key conversations with his friends. Also loved Drew being protective of his big brother.

 

Thanks as always LL. :hug:

Link to comment

Wow, I love your story! I had to back read your other chapters before reading this one. Corey and Jason's evolution is amazing. Corey realizing all the hurt he caused Jason speaks a lot to him realizing Jason isn't his father. He's a work in progress and he knows it. I felt bad for Jason when he overheard Corey talking to his mom on the phone, but loved how he confronted him about it. I love that Jason doesn't let Corey get away with anything. It speaks volumes about his own growth from the first chapter until now. Drew letting Corey know it's not okay to hurt his brother was the icing on the cake of younger sibling protecting the older sibling, it was sweet! Corey and Jason are an endearing couple. I can't wait to see what you have planned for them. I'm looking forward to next week.

Link to comment
On 09/22/2016 12:38 AM, Parker Owens said:

Oh, yes. Brothers. Perfectly put, beautifully described. Can't get enough of their joy. Thanks.

Thank you, Parker! I have to admit, I am enamored with the love and friendship. They've come a long way from the young men in my head during the prologue.

Link to comment

Kind of drained so this will be short. I loved the interaction with Pierre. He's a smart and a good friend. It was a conversation they needed to have. Drew's protective instincts for his older brother were wonderful to see. and 'brothers'... yeah... perfect... great job, my friend... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment
On 09/22/2016 12:50 AM, spikey582 said:

The end of this chapter gets a great big "Dawwwwww."

 

Great little chapter, watching everyone bond, and seeing Corey have these key conversations with his friends. Also loved Drew being protective of his big brother.

 

Thanks as always LL. :hug:

I think Drew realized how affected Jason was by their estrangement and also losing Pierre and Corey as friends. He's also seen how much Jason has changed over the years and how the affection between his brother and his best friend have evolved. Seeing his brother hurt by the one man Jason has ever (at least in Drew's mind) allowed himself to get close enough to to love made his protective instincts kick in. He loves Corey, but Jason is his big brother, and if he doesn't stick up for him, who will?

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Spikey :)

Link to comment
On 09/22/2016 02:26 AM, huktaunluv said:

Wow, I love your story! I had to back read your other chapters before reading this one. Corey and Jason's evolution is amazing. Corey realizing all the hurt he caused Jason speaks a lot to him realizing Jason isn't his father. He's a work in progress and he knows it. I felt bad for Jason when he overheard Corey talking to his mom on the phone, but loved how he confronted him about it. I love that Jason doesn't let Corey get away with anything. It speaks volumes about his own growth from the first chapter until now. Drew letting Corey know it's not okay to hurt his brother was the icing on the cake of younger sibling protecting the older sibling, it was sweet! Corey and Jason are an endearing couple. I can't wait to see what you have planned for them. I'm looking forward to next week.

Thank you, huktaunluv! It's great to hear your thoughts on the story so far. I hope you stick around for the ride.

 

Jason and Corey have evolved quite a bit from the prologue and I think they're learning about what it means to be in a relationship, together.

 

As I said in my reply to Spikey, Drew has seen how much Jason has changed and he doesn't want to see anyone hurt his big brother, even if its his best friend.

 

Thank you again for your review and your support. :)

Link to comment
On 09/22/2016 03:32 AM, Headstall said:

Kind of drained so this will be short. I loved the interaction with Pierre. He's a smart and a good friend. It was a conversation they needed to have. Drew's protective instincts for his older brother were wonderful to see. and 'brothers'... yeah... perfect... great job, my friend... cheers... Gary....

It was a conversation that needed to happen. I think Pierre has been carrying around some of his own guilt after realizing his best friend was in love with Jason for so many years. Pierre is a good guy and the thought that he might have poached would bother him tremendously, even though the relationship with Jason ended badly. The talk also gave Corey a new perspective on one of the worst days of his life. His protectiveness with his mother overshadowed his anger with her, but its anger that he needs to address at some point if he's going to move forward and out of the shadow of his parents' screwed up relationship.

 

Thank you for another great review (No, it wasn't too short) and all of your support, Gary. :hug:

Link to comment

I really like this group. Their interactions ... Pierre and Corey, and Corey and Drew ... pretty sure there were similiar situations between Jason and Pierre and Jason and Drew. Toss in the additions of Liz and David and you've created a tight group of people ... friends isn't enough more like family.
This is a wonderfully crafted story.

Link to comment

Review no 333 :D
There were several important aha moments here for Corey. I think the major one was Pierre advising him to tell his mom how much she hurt him by siding with his dad. It's one thing to advice her son to leave in order for things to cool down, but she should have followed him and taken his side from then one. She needs to understand how much she has damaged him by her actions, mostly so Corey can get closure and start healing. I bet Corey's therapist agrees too. I know someone who was in that situation (for a different reason) and they were advised to tell their parents how hurt they were. It was tough on all of them, because the parents were very nice people who never intended to ignore the needs of their kid, who in turn felt bad about having to upset them. But they talked about it and were able to move on.
Another important moment was Pierre telling Corey about finding out how close he and Jason were in the past and that Corey had feelings for the guy. If Corey had been honest about his crush Pierre would never have gotten hurt by Jason. Something to remember, eh? I want Corey and Jason to have a talk about how close they felt back then, because they both pretend to be surprised when people around them bring it up. They need to stop that. ;)
I also liked Drew being all protective of Jason and telling Corey to shape up. He sided with his friends against his brother when Jason behaved like an idiot. He loves Corey like a brother, but if Corey hurts Jason, he'll lose his friend just like that. Not that Corey intends to, of course, but being warned is a good reminder of keeping his focus on his relationship and not the past or his father.
I keep forgetting to tell you, but I really love this story. :hug:

Link to comment

Well that was a bit of an intense chapter. A lot of insights for Corey. I was very pleased to see the interaction between Drew and Corey. Drew definitely sees how Jason has changed and how he has opened his heart to Corey. I wonder what conversations were had between David and Jason while preparing breakfast ;)

Link to comment

This was definitely an intense chapter for Corey. I think Pierre is absolutely right; Corey should tell his mom how he felt all those years ago. His two-timing (three-timing, four-timing, etc.) sperm donor had no reason to kick his son out of the house. HE'S the one cheating on his wife - Corey didn't do anything, he was just being who he is. His mother should have NEVER let her bastard of a husband kick her son out of the house! I'm sure I mentioned that once or twice in a past review. lol

 

Corey should talk to his mom about how his sperm-donor's indiscretions affected the whole family, not just their marriage.

 

This was a great chapter, Lit, and I'm sorry the fun with all the friends is over. :(

Link to comment

This vacation was much needed. These friends needed to be there for each other, theses conversations needed to happen. That was a great way for all of that to take place. The bond is deeper now they really trust each other and have each other's best interest at heart. Corey definitely benefits from those chats..

 

Just awesome Lit..

Link to comment
On 09/22/2016 05:53 AM, Reader1810 said:

Just love the friendships among this bunch - so believable! :thumbup:

Well done Lit :hug:

Thank you, Reader :*) I love the friendships too. It makes me miss the people some of these characters are based on. :)

Link to comment
On 09/22/2016 06:31 AM, dughlas said:

I really like this group. Their interactions ... Pierre and Corey, and Corey and Drew ... pretty sure there were similiar situations between Jason and Pierre and Jason and Drew. Toss in the additions of Liz and David and you've created a tight group of people ... friends isn't enough more like family.

This is a wonderfully crafted story.

They are like family, and even better, they chose each other to love. I think Jason really missed having this when he screwed up, but Corey really missed it too when he distanced himself from his home town and didn't see Pierre and Drew as often as he used to. Sometimes you need to see the people you care about face to face.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Dugh :hug:

Link to comment
On 09/23/2016 03:13 AM, Timothy M. said:

Review no 333 :D

There were several important aha moments here for Corey. I think the major one was Pierre advising him to tell his mom how much she hurt him by siding with his dad. It's one thing to advice her son to leave in order for things to cool down, but she should have followed him and taken his side from then one. She needs to understand how much she has damaged him by her actions, mostly so Corey can get closure and start healing. I bet Corey's therapist agrees too. I know someone who was in that situation (for a different reason) and they were advised to tell their parents how hurt they were. It was tough on all of them, because the parents were very nice people who never intended to ignore the needs of their kid, who in turn felt bad about having to upset them. But they talked about it and were able to move on.

Another important moment was Pierre telling Corey about finding out how close he and Jason were in the past and that Corey had feelings for the guy. If Corey had been honest about his crush Pierre would never have gotten hurt by Jason. Something to remember, eh? I want Corey and Jason to have a talk about how close they felt back then, because they both pretend to be surprised when people around them bring it up. They need to stop that. ;)

I also liked Drew being all protective of Jason and telling Corey to shape up. He sided with his friends against his brother when Jason behaved like an idiot. He loves Corey like a brother, but if Corey hurts Jason, he'll lose his friend just like that. Not that Corey intends to, of course, but being warned is a good reminder of keeping his focus on his relationship and not the past or his father.

I keep forgetting to tell you, but I really love this story. :hug:

Thank you for my 333rd review, Tim :hug:

 

I agree with you that Corey should tell his mother how her marriage affected him. Pierre saw firsthand what his friend went through, and how it affected him, so his perspective would have been eye opening for Corey.

 

I doubt Corey even realized that Pierre would be upset to find out about Corey's feelings. To Corey they were in the past, and unrequited. Pierre would never have gone after Jason if he'd known and felt like he betrayed his friend, even if that's not true. Corey is a good man, but does tend to have a bit of tunnel vision and not see how his actions or feelings might impact others. He's getting better, and luckily he has a supportive and understanding group of friends.

 

Drew is pretty protective of Jason. He's seen his brother change and knows he's not the same guy who hurt Pierre. Corey is his best friend, but no one will get away with hurting Jason.

 

Thank you for your review and all of our support, Tim :hug: It means a lot to me to hear you love the story :*)

Link to comment
On 09/23/2016 12:32 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice my friend. ..kinda cringed at the daddy dearest part...god.... but I liked the group. Real nice.

Thank you, tim! I'm happy you like the group. They're a great bunch who care a lot about each other.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, tim :hug:

Link to comment
On 09/23/2016 04:00 PM, Bucket1 said:

Well that was a bit of an intense chapter. A lot of insights for Corey. I was very pleased to see the interaction between Drew and Corey. Drew definitely sees how Jason has changed and how he has opened his heart to Corey. I wonder what conversations were had between David and Jason while preparing breakfast ;)

It would be interesting to know what they talked about, but I think it will remain a private conversation. I can tell you their boyfriends made the topic list ;)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, B :hug:

Link to comment
On 09/25/2016 12:16 PM, Lisa said:

This was definitely an intense chapter for Corey. I think Pierre is absolutely right; Corey should tell his mom how he felt all those years ago. His two-timing (three-timing, four-timing, etc.) sperm donor had no reason to kick his son out of the house. HE'S the one cheating on his wife - Corey didn't do anything, he was just being who he is. His mother should have NEVER let her bastard of a husband kick her son out of the house! I'm sure I mentioned that once or twice in a past review. lol

 

Corey should talk to his mom about how his sperm-donor's indiscretions affected the whole family, not just their marriage.

 

This was a great chapter, Lit, and I'm sorry the fun with all the friends is over. :(

Corey should talk to his mother. Right now Corey has friends and Jason to tell him when he's doing things that can be hurtful, but his mother doesn't seem to have anyone who will be honest with her. Corey has deliberately avoided the topic of his sperm donor over the years, but he might be realizing that might not have been the right way to deal with the situation, at least for his own well-being.

 

Thank you for your support and your review, Lisa :)

Link to comment
On 09/26/2016 11:06 AM, Defiance19 said:

This vacation was much needed. These friends needed to be there for each other, theses conversations needed to happen. That was a great way for all of that to take place. The bond is deeper now they really trust each other and have each other's best interest at heart. Corey definitely benefits from those chats..

 

Just awesome Lit..

The vacation and the conversations were both needed more than either Jason or Corey realized, I think... especially for Corey. There were things that had been left unsaid for far too long.

 

Thank you for your review and support, Def. :hug:

Link to comment

I mentioned my rush to catch up on this story in the A to Z Discussion. ;-)

 

I'm not sure Corey was aware of just how deep his feelings were for Jason back when they were teenagers. He probably wouldn't have felt quite as betrayed if he didn't care about Jason so much. It feels to me as though the cheating was almost personal to Corey, not just second-hand so to speak via Pierre (if that makes sense).

 

I particularly enjoyed the mutual therapy session between Corey and Pierre.

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..