Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,317 Words
  • 6,721 Views
  • 39 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unforgivable - 28. Chapter 28

Chapter 28

 

Jason settled back against the seat of the cab and gave the driver directions to the restaurant where he was meeting his friends. Although he was looking forward to a night out, he missed Corey and wished his boyfriend could be there. The idea of dancing at a club just didn't hold the same appeal without the brunette by his side. Dinner last night made it painfully obvious he no longer had much in common with most of his old group.

Thinking of his Corey reminded him he still needed to give the man a call. The last seminar, which ran overtime, was followed by a lengthy, impromptu meeting with the partners, who’d wanted to discuss staffing issues. As soon as he could extricate himself he rushed to the hotel to shower and change. Even with his haste, he was going to be late. A frown creased his brow when a search of his jeans came up empty. Patting the rest of his pockets was equally unsuccessful. His room key was there, as was his wallet, but no phone.

Wracking his brain, he tried to remember the last place he’d had the damned thing. After texting Corey over the lunch break he remembered putting it back into his... damn… it must be inside his suit jacket, which was hanging in the closet. He briefly considered asking the driver to turn around, but immediately disregarded the idea. Corey would understand when he called later. Maybe he could make it up to him by finding new and creative ways to talk the man to orgasm.

Thoughts of last night’s “talk” made him flush with pleasure. The sounds his boyfriend made… damn. The only thing better would’ve been to actually be there, in the flesh. Jason was so lost in his thoughts he didn't notice they had stopped until the driver spoke.

“That'll be $15.75.”

After paying the man he hopped out and headed for the entrance. Typical of Mason’s taste, the place looked new and trendy. When his stomach growled he hoped ‘new and trendy’ didn't mean loonie sized portions. He was hungry.

“Jason!” an excited voice called as he stepped up to the hostess stand. He looked into the crowded room and saw his friends seated around a large table already laden with drinks and appetizers.

“I think I found my party,” he said to the pretty young woman behind the wooden podium.

“Very good, sir. Enjoy your evening.”

“Mason,” he greeted, reaching down to give the slim, almost underweight man a hug and a peck on the cheek. “You don't look a day over twenty-five.”

“That's what I keep telling these bitches,” Mason huffed indignantly as he retook his seat. “Why are you late? I thought you were going to miss my night. I was devastated... just ask Stevie.”

Stevie nodded vigorously in agreement while Jason sat in the only available chair, attempting not to roll his eyes.

“You must be happy to be back to civilization, Jay. Jamie was telling us you found a boyfriend out in the sticks. Is that true?”

Jason turned his attention to the speaker, Conrad, who preferred his nickname, Coco. The man’s pale green eyes were wide and innocent-looking. Jason almost laughed at the waif-like expression. Coco was anything but innocent. He’d slept with the guy shortly after moving to Toronto, and made it clear from the beginning it was a one-time thing. Unfortunately, Conrad had become clingy and possessive, which had sent Jason running the other way.

“Jamie’s right,” Jason replied, winking at his good friend who sat across the table. Jamie was a lawyer for a small firm north of the city, and the two had hit it off from the moment they’d met as articling students. “I am happily involved with someone. He wanted to be here, but had other obligations.”

“Well I'm sure he wouldn’t want you to be alone tonight?” Coco rubbed his hand over Jason's bare forearm, peering at him though his impeccably styled bangs. “It must be pretty lonely in that hotel room of yours.”

“Not happening, Conrad,” Jason snapped, removing the man’s hand. “I’m not going cheat on Corey. I love him.”

“Well pardon me,” Coco retorted with an indignant sniff. “It's not like you've never shared before.”

“Not anymore.” Although Jason hated to think of his promiscuous past, Conrad was right. He'd been known to share his bed with more than one partner, even in his early days with Luc.

“I think it's great you found someone, Jay,” Paul interjected from his other side. Paul was Mason’s soft-spoken cousin, who’d always seemed out of his depth with their group. With his big blue eyes and a head of unruly red hair, Jason always thought the guy was cute, but the much younger man was also innocent as hell. In many ways he reminded Jason of Pierre, and that put Paul firmly in his ‘hands off’ column.

“Thank you,” he replied with what he hoped was a kind smile. “Corey’s great. I'll have to bring him back with me some day. You two would hit it off.”

“I’m sure we’ll love him.” Jamie jumped into the conversation. “Anyone who can make you smile like that must be something special.”

Jason grinned at his friend. Jamie and Corey had only spoken a few times over the phone and were looking forward to meeting in person one day. After the Luc fiasco, he hadn’t kept in contact with anyone in the group, with the exception of Jamie. The disconnect became more pronounced when his clubbing days ended. Sure, he still considered Mason a friend, but they’d always been more like “club buddies” and rarely associated outside of a bar or party.

The meal was as Jason expected, overpriced and child sized. What he wouldn't give for a steak. Maybe he could find an open fast food joint later. While being regaled with stories about the latest players on the scene, and who had hooked up with whom, Jason found his mind wandering to Corey… and wondering if he was having fun. The only thing keeping the evening from being a total bust was his amusement watching Paul and Jamie interact. His friend had recently ended a long term relationship, and was only now looking to get back into the dating scene. From Paul’s furious blushing every time the outgoing lawyer spoke directly to him, Jason suspected the young man might be harboring a crush.

“How did you and Corey meet?” Paul asked after their dishes had been cleared away.

“We’ve known each other for most of our lives. He’s been my brother’s best friend since grade school, but it t took me a while to win him over.”

“That’s sounds so romantic,” Paul rested his chin on his hand, looking wistfully across the table.

“I’m sure you’ll find someone.” The cute redhead was too sweet not to find a partner someday. Jason’s only concern was that the young man was as naïve as he was sweet. Maybe he could get Jamie to take the kid under his wing. Even if they didn’t get together, his friend could keep an eye on the younger man.

“All right, my sweets.” Mason clapped his hands and stood. “It’s time to find me a birthday present to take home for the night.”

The group left the restaurant and piled into two cabs. Jason felt a small pang of nostalgia when they arrived at one of his old haunts. He and Luc had spent more nights here than he could count, drinking and having a good time. Jason had gotten over the breakup a long time ago, but that didn’t mean he wished Luc any ill. Maybe the ‘new guy every night’ existence was still fulfilling for his ex, but for how long? Oh well, he thought, mentally shrugging off the touch of melancholy. It’s not my problem.

“Come on, Jay Jay. I wanna see that fine ass of yours on the dancefloor.”

Jay Jay? God he hated that nickname. He'd hoped it had been forgotten after he left. Luckily Jamie never used it, or he’d have to disown the man. Allowing himself to be hauled to the door, they paid the cover charge and entered the crowded space. The music was loud, and men in various states of undress were grinding against each other. Jason was again struck by how different his life was now, and more importantly, how much happier he was. This was his old life… a life he no longer wanted. What he wanted was to go to his hotel and call his boyfriend.

“Come on, Jay Jay, you have to dance with me first. I'm the birthday boy.”

Good intentions of an early night were sunk as one song turned into several. It wasn’t terribly late yet, but he’d hoped to excuse himself ages ago. Too bad he was a sucker for puppy eyes, and didn’t have the heart to turn down Paul’s shy request to dance just as he stood to leave.

“That ass is still as hot as ever, Jay.” Hot breath tickled against his ear, causing Jason to stumble.

He turned to face the man who had once broken his heart. Not surprisingly, the restaurateur still looked the same as he remembered. Luc had always taken care of himself.

“You don’t look happy to see me, baby.” Luc stepped closer, his eyes twinkling with amusement.

Jason stifled a sigh. At one time that voice had a strong effect on him, now he was just irritated with the obvious flirtation. “Hello, Luc.”

“So formal, Jay… and we used to be on such intimate terms, non?”

“That was a long time ago. Is there anything you wanted? If not, I should get back to my dance partner.” He nodded towards Paul, who stood quietly beside him. Luc’s gaze landed on the young man for only a moment, before moving away.

“There are many things I want, but for now I’ll settle for a few minutes of your time. I’d like to talk to you.”

“Why?” he asked, perplexed. “We broke up ages ago. What could you possibly want to talk about?”

“Please, Jason?” The older man’s demeanor changed, and his expression softened. “I’ve always hated how things ended between us… what caused you to leave. I would like to clear the air, if you’ll let me.”

Jason considered the request for a moment, unsure what to make of the change. Maybe Luc did just want to ‘clear the air’ and get the guilt off his chest?

“You can go if you need to,” Paul offered. “I’d like to get something to drink anyways.”

“Are you sure?” Jason asked the young man. “Luc can wait until we’re done.”

Paul smiled shyly and shook his head. “No, it’s fine, really.”

“All right.” Jason gave the smaller man a brotherly hug. “Watch out for the piranhas by the bar,” he whispered, making the man giggle.

“I will. Thanks for the dance, Jay.”

“Okay, Luc.” Jason turned his attention back to his ex. “Talk.”

“Let’s go somewhere a little quieter.”

Wary, Jason followed the man to a table opposite the bar where the crowd was lighter. It wasn’t exactly quiet, but at least you could speak without shouting.

“I’d like to get going, so this’ll have to be quick.”

“You were always in such a hurry, love.”

Jason grimaced at the endearment. “Just say what you need to say, Luc. I want to get out of here so I can call my boyfriend.”

“Boyfriend? I’d heard you were seeing someone, but didn’t believe it. My Jay was never one to settle.”

“One,” Jason responded with a snort. “I’m not your anything. Two, I haven’t settled for Corey. I love him… and three, I did want to settle down… with you, if you’ll recall. You were the one who blew that chance.”

“I am sorry about that… misunderstanding.”

“Me too,” Jason replied, weary of the conversation. “We’re both sorry, and we both made mistakes. Now we can move on with our lives. Good night, Luc. I have an important phone call to make.”

Luc grabbed his arm before he could leave. “Please, Jay. Just a moment.”

Jason glared at the hand on his arm. “What?”

“I miss you.”

“Please,” he retorted. “You don’t miss me… your ego misses someone fawning over you. I hate to break it to you, but that ended the day I caught you with your dick down someone else’s throat.”

“I could have been what you needed, Jay, if you hadn’t run out of town.”

Jason stared at the older man, trying to figure out why in the hell he’d agreed to this inane conversation. He could’ve been in his room having phone sex with his boyfriend by now. “Goodbye, Luc.”

Before he could step away, Luc gripped him behind the head and kissed him.

“What the hell,” he said with a snarl, his hand twitching with the urge to deck the man. “You haven’t changed a bit… such a fucking asshole.”

Jason turned, ignoring Luc’s pleading voice, when he saw an achingly familiar figure standing by the entrance. Corey? What was he doing here? Even from across the room he could see the stricken look on his boyfriend’s face... the tears glistening in his eyes. He took a step forward only to have Corey turn and bolt from the building.

“Fuck!”

Pushing his way through the dense crowd, he tried to catch his boyfriend… to explain what he’d seen. It looked bad, but Jason was innocent. Corey loved him… trusted him. He'd let him explain. Jason just had to get through this God damned crowd. By the time he ran onto the street, Corey was nowhere in sight.

Jason gasped a harsh sob. “Corey?” he whispered, but Corey was gone, and he'd taken Jason's whole world with him.

A huge thank you goes out to my poor, coughing editor and friend, Gary.  :worship:    Thank you to all of you who read and support this story.  :thankyou:
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 55
  • Sad 5
  • Angry 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



A terrible, terrible disaster. I was afraid of this, and my fears were completely realized; that you wrote that realization so well, is testament to how badly I feel for both Jason and Corey right now. You have done amazingly. Now, I hope your literary wizardry is up to repairing the breach before a legion of fans runs through the entire national stock of Kleenex.

Link to comment

(Insert words not suitable for polite company)

 

Well the proverbial has hit the fan. I just hope that Corey will let his boyfriend explain what was happening.

Link to comment

This teaches a couple of important life lessons kids. First of all in our world of modern technology, ALWAYS know where your phone is at all times. Pay phones are not really a thing anymore, and if you are in an emergency situation, you need that phone.

 

Secondly, if you are ever presented with a choice between having an awkward conversation with your sleezy ex who cheated on you, and talking to the great love of your life, ALWAYS chose the second option. If romance books and movies have taught us anything, it's that your sleezy ex will always try for an unsolicited kiss. Inevitably this will always be accompanied by someone important to you, usually your significant other who wasn't supposed to be present, witnessing the unsolicited act. If this is your first serious relationship and you have a promiscuous history, expect further frustration and misunderstanding.

 

Also, never, or always push the big red button.

 

Thank you for your attention during this important public service announcement.

Edited by spikey582
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am with Parker. From the moment I found that Jason was going out with is friends from "crazy" times I was afraid that something like this could happen. Just hope that after running away for crying in the heat of the moment, Corey gives Jason a chance to explain. If we saw the whole thing he will see that Jason was the one that stop the kiss and turned away.

Link to comment
On 11/03/2016 12:41 AM, Parker Owens said:

A terrible, terrible disaster. I was afraid of this, and my fears were completely realized; that you wrote that realization so well, is testament to how badly I feel for both Jason and Corey right now. You have done amazingly. Now, I hope your literary wizardry is up to repairing the breach before a legion of fans runs through the entire national stock of Kleenex.

Thank you, Parker :*) Your comments made my morning. I'm pleased you think I've done well with this chapter and these characters.

 

Thank you for your review and your support :)

Link to comment
On 11/03/2016 12:43 AM, Bucket1 said:

(Insert words not suitable for polite company)

 

Well the proverbial has hit the fan. I just hope that Corey will let his boyfriend explain what was happening.

Hmmm I suppose it's good that I'm considered to be polite company? ;)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, B. :hug:

Link to comment
On 11/03/2016 01:08 AM, spikey582 said:

This teaches a couple of important lessons kids. First of all in our world of modern technology, ALWAYS know where your phone is at all times. Pay phones are not really a thing anymore, and if you are in en emergency situation, you need that phone.

 

Secondly, if you are ever presented with a choice between having an awkward conversation with your sleezy ex who cheated on you, and the great love of your life, ALWAYS chose the second option. If romance books and movies have taught us anything, it's that your sleezy ex will always try for an unsolicited kiss. Inevitably this will always be accompanied by someone important to you, usually your significant other who wasn't supposed to be present, witnessing the unsolicited act. If this is your first serious relationship and you have a promiscuous history, expect further frustration and misunderstanding.

 

Also, never or always push the big red button.

 

Thank you for your attention during this important public service announcement.

Your review made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my coffee (there was some coughing). You're right about one thing... never choose a sleazy ex over anyone else. That never seems to work out. Thank you for your review and your support, Spikey :)

Link to comment
On 11/03/2016 01:14 AM, sweetlion86 said:

I am with Parker. From the moment I found that Jason was going out with is friends from "crazy" times I was afraid that something like this could happen. Just hope that after running away for crying in the heat of the moment, Corey gives Jason a chance to explain. If we saw the whole thing he will see that Jason was the one that stop the kiss and turned away.

It can be easy for things to fall back into old patterns if you're not careful. The good thing, in my mind, was that Jason realized how little he relates to that old life now.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, sweetion86 :)

Link to comment
On 11/03/2016 02:16 AM, Lux Apollo said:

Well, we saw that coming from a mile away. I wonder how Jason will salvage this one?

You're right, the writing was probably on the wall when Corey decided to go to Toronto, but couldn't reach Jason. that said, I hope the story-line itself hasn't become cliche :)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Lux :)

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Just when I thought Jason had dodged the bullet named Luc....
I'm sure that he and Corey will get past that incident, but it's going to be a rocky road, I fear.
Sad for the both of them. :(

Link to comment

Oh you are so evil. Another cliff hanger. Saw this misunderstanding coming and wondered how you would set this up. Good job! The villain you love to hate. I am still holding out for HEA. Thanks. Jeff

Link to comment

Now you've done it. Pitchforks and torches :) . A well set up chapter, Lit, showing us Jason's contempt for a life that proved empty. The whole night his thoughts were on Corey. I believe Corey will listen to reason. Jason did nothing wrong, and this is where they have to show their trust in each other and what they have. Anxiously awaiting the next chapter... Cheers, my friend... Gary....

Link to comment

Guess that Corey will be on his high horse and he will forget that he too has stuffed up on more than one occasion. Jason will have his work cut out trying to get through. Good read though guessed what could have happened.

Link to comment

Great chapter! Just proves how easy it is to get ourselves into a situation that looks much more sinister than it really is. I know it's happened to me. I hope they are able to work it out without too much hurt feelings. I guess it shows that no matter how much you say you trust someone, you never really do recover from your past.

Link to comment

I hope Corey does not mess up this time and give Jason a chance to explain please,
I am sure he should learn from his previous encounter

Link to comment

Very disappointed with this chapter...too predictable and cliche. There was no suspense or tension, we all knew this was going to happen (even with whom). I had enjoyed the story so far, I wish you hadn't fallen victim to the cookie cutter story line so many other writers fall for.

Link to comment

It had to be Luc ... dammit! I wish that instead of fleeing Corey had marched himself up to Jason and Luc and boldly claimed his man. In my view he needs to gain some confidence in the value Jason places on him and their relationship. He keeps selling them short. Please keep going, I curious and want to know how you repair this.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Link to comment

I was afraid of this... He should have told Luc where the heck to go... Now to catch Corey and make him believe..
Please make it better, Lit..

Link to comment

Although I had a feeling Corey was going to catch Jason doing something he shouldn't be doing, I never thought that asswipe Luc was going to be the culprit!

 

Not only is Corey devastated on what he just witnessed, he probably thinks Jason shut his phone off just so Corey wouldn't call him! At least that's what I would think if I had walked in on that kiss.

 

Now, if I were Jason, before any of this even started, I would have asked one of my friends if I could borrow his phone to call Corey (assuming I would actually KNOW Corey's number since I wouldn't have my 'recent calls' list handy! lol).

 

I don't know how Jason's going to fix this, but he should get a sworn statement by douchebag Luc that it was all Luc's doing and Jason had nothing to do with it.

 

Good luck getting our boys back together, Lit!! :P

Link to comment
On 11/03/2016 03:09 AM, Reader1810 said:

Just when I thought Jason had dodged the bullet named Luc....

I'm sure that he and Corey will get past that incident, but it's going to be a rocky road, I fear.

Sad for the both of them. :(

The could has the potential to be rocky for sure.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Reader :hug:

Link to comment
On 11/03/2016 04:55 AM, JeffreyL said:

Oh you are so evil. Another cliff hanger. Saw this misunderstanding coming and wondered how you would set this up. Good job! The villain you love to hate. I am still holding out for HEA. Thanks. Jeff

lol I`m not sure about evil... but it was a cliffhanger :*) It was a misunderstanding you saw coming, which, unfortunately happens in real life too.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, JeffreyL :)

Link to comment
On 11/03/2016 05:29 AM, Headstall said:

Now you've done it. Pitchforks and torches :) . A well set up chapter, Lit, showing us Jason's contempt for a life that proved empty. The whole night his thoughts were on Corey. I believe Corey will listen to reason. Jason did nothing wrong, and this is where they have to show their trust in each other and what they have. Anxiously awaiting the next chapter... Cheers, my friend... Gary....

lol I'm not sure if it was pitchfork worthy, but I will set out a guard to be sure. ;) Corey has some major trust issues he's been working through.. that's never easy.

 

Thank you for your review and all of your support, my friend. :hug:

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..