Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,647 Words
  • 6,597 Views
  • 36 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unforgivable - 8. Chapter 8

Chapter 8

 

A knock drew Jason’s attention away from his monitor. “Come in,” he called out, saving the affidavit he was drafting.

“Mr. Sedor.” His assistant, Jenna, opened the door. “I have the Carter file you were looking for.”

“Perfect.” Jason waved the woman into the room, and reached for the folder. “Were you able to find the invoices from the contractor?”

Jenna nodded and handed him the documents. “All of the relevant information is at the top of the file. Mr. Carter called earlier and said he’d email me the most recent accounts before the end of the day.”

Jason made an inarticulate noise of approval, quickly thumbing through the papers. “Forward me those when they come in.” He opened his briefcase and placed several files inside. “I’m leaving for my meeting with Mr. Segreti, at the bank and then heading home right after. I’ll get the affidavit finished this evening so it can be signed and filed in the morning.”

“That’s shouldn’t be a problem. Mr. Carter’s scheduled to come in at 10. That will give me plenty of time to have everything ready,” she confirmed before heading back to her office.

So far, Jason was very happy with his new staff. Jenna, a petite redhead in her thirties, was an intelligent and hardworking single mother of twin six year old girls, and his receptionist, Nadine, was a highly efficient middle-aged woman whose husband, Bill, taught at one of the local high schools. The firm was lucky to scoop up both women when the lawyer they worked for retired earlier that year.

“Nadine,” he said, stopping by the reception desk, wincing a little at the twinge in his ankle. It’d been a few weeks, but it was still tender if he was on it for too long, or turned too quickly. “I’m heading out for the day. Could you please call the Toronto office and arrange a telephone conference with Daniel Manso sometime this week? I need to brief him on Tim Anderson’s file.”

“I’ll call right away.” She jotted a reminder for herself in the notebook on her desk before looking up at him expectantly. “Was there anything else you needed, sir?”

“No.” He smiled down at the woman. “Have a good evening, ladies.” He waved and left the building with ‘Bye, Mr. Sedor,’ following him out the door.

When he walked into the bank, he immediately spotted the man he assumed to be Marco Segreti. The handsome Italian was several inches shorter than Jason, with the lean build of a swimmer, and the way his deep brown eyes slowly moved over Jason’s suit clad body, told him Segreti was gay.

“Mr. Sedor?” The banker smiled and extended his hand in greeting.

“Mr. Segreti, good to finally meet you face-to-face.”

“Marco, please.”

Jason had been around long enough to know interest when he saw it, and he had to admit, the admiration was mutual. His body, which hadn’t been touched by another man for several months, warmed under the attention, but he pushed it aside. This wasn’t the time or the place. He had a job to do. Following Marco into his office, Jason took the seat indicated and opened his briefcase, ready to begin. The banker seemed to read his mood, and his demeanor became more professional as they got to work.

 

“Thank you for meeting me here,” Marco said, rising from his chair, as Jason packed his things. “There was no way I could get away today.”

“My pleasure.” Jason smiled, and stood. “Thank you for reviewing the contracts with me. It’s good to get the bank’s perspective.”

“So, how are you adjusting to life in Kingston?” Marco leaned a hip against his desk, his previous flirty smile returning now that their work was done. “I understand you just moved here from Toronto?”

“It’s been great so far. I’ve been pretty busy setting up the new office so I haven’t actually done or seen a lot outside of work.”

“Maybe we could go out for dinner sometime, and I can show you around a little… give you some insider information on the hot spots?” The lithe Italian’s intent wasn’t hard to miss. Jason was being asked out on a date.

He considered the invitation before answering. Did he want to start dating? Was he even interested in Marco? The banker was good looking, so attraction wasn’t a problem… and it had been over a year since Luc. Maybe it was time to put himself out there again?

He met the other man’s amused gaze. “Sure,” he agreed with a grin. “Dinner sounds great.”

 

They made plans to meet on Friday night at an upscale restaurant by the waterfront, renowned for its seafood. Jason was surprised to find himself nervous for the date. Although he hadn’t been celibate after Luc, the couple of times he did go out were more bar hook-ups than dating. He may not be certain he was ready to put his heart on the line again, but he was over the one night stands. Unfortunately, he had no idea what Marco wanted. That was something he was going to have to find out, if this date looked like it was going to lead somewhere.

The restaurant was fairly busy, but Jason quickly spotted Marco, who stood to greet him as he followed behind the host.

“Jason,” he said, flashing a brilliant smile and placing a chaste kiss on his cheek. “I’m so glad you could make it.”

The two men sat and took their menus, discussing their respective hectic schedules. The conversation moved on to how little of the city Jason had explored and what brought them to the area. Marco was a transplant from the Ottawa valley, where most of his family still lived. He’d relocated several years before when he was offered a promotion to branch manager. Jason attributed his move to being offered the chance to run a start-up office. It wasn’t the entire truth, but he didn’t know his date well enough to share more intimate details about his life. Jason had to admit it felt good to be the object of another person’s attention again.

“You must miss the nightlife,” Marco asked, running his finger over the rim of his water glass, while they waited for the bill.

Jason felt his muscles tense up and forced himself to relax. “No, not particularly.”

“How could you not?” The tanned man winked flirtatiously, completely missing Jason’s change in mood. “All of those hot and horny men? You must have been pretty popular.”

The blonde sighed internally. The date had started so well… and now? “I’m past the ‘new guy every night’ time of my life, Marco.”

Their conversation was cut off when the waiter arrived. Marco pulled out his wallet, waving off Jason’s protests. “I invited you, so I’ll pay.”

The shorter man walked with Jason to his car, and when he turned to say good night, Marco surprised him with a kiss. Although his body reacted to another man’s lips on his, Jason pulled back, causing the banker look up at him in confusion. “What’s wrong?”

“I had a nice evening…,” Jason started.

“But…?”

“I don’t think we’re looking for the same things right now.” Jason answered with a sigh.

“Jason… we’re both healthy, single men. I know your body is interested.” Marco ran a hand over Jason’s chest, smiling coyly up at him. “Why do we have to define anything after only one date? Can’t we just have some fun while we decide?”

“Look, Marco. You’re a good looking guy, and I’m sure we could have fun, but I’m not looking for a quick fuck,” Jason answered, stepping out of reach. “Been there, done that.”

Marco shrugged. “It’s your loss. I think we could have been explosive together.” He slipped a card into Jason’s pocket before reaching up to cup his cheek. “In case you change your mind.” With a look that promised a night of hot, sweaty fun, the man turned and walked to his car, parked a few aisles over.

Jason opened his door and leaned back against the headrest, wondering if he’d made the right decision. Sex with Marco would have satisfied his physical need, but the man didn’t seem ready to settle down. Of course Jason knew his experience with serious relationships was negligible, so maybe he should have given Marco time to get to know him before writing him off? Giving himself a mental shake, he decided to shelve the self-doubt. He could over-analyze his decision-making later. With a silent apology to his long neglected cock for turning down a sure thing, he drove out of the lot.

A few blocks away he spotted a diner, which boasted ‘award winning’ pies, and decided to stop to have the dessert he’d skipped at dinner. Pulling into the angled street parking, he realized how close he was to Corey’s clinic, and wondered how the man was doing. The few times they’d seen each other over the last few weeks they hadn’t had time for more than a quick hello. The door chimed when he entered, and a waitress who appeared to be his mother’s age, looked up and gave him a wide smile. “Grab a seat anywhere. I’ll be right with you.”

Jason returned the smile and looked around the small space for an empty seat. It was surprisingly full for 9:30 in the evening. His gaze fell on a very familiar brunette in a booth by the window. As if he felt someone watching him, Corey looked up, and after a moment of surprise, he smiled and waved Jason over.

“Hey Jase, you’re moving around a lot better.” Corey indicated for him to sit in the seat across from him. “Have a seat.”

“Thanks.” He sat on the fifties style red, faux leather bench. “It’s feeling much better. I was passing by and thought I’d give the award winning pie a try.”

“Well, you always did have a sweet tooth.” Corey snickered. “You’re awfully dressed up for a diner. Did you just get off work?”

Jason was hesitant to mention his date with Marco. He knew it was silly, but he was worried about the brunette’s reaction. Not that he thought there would be jealousy, but news of the date could be an unwelcome reminder of their past. Their renewed acquaintance was still precarious, and Jason worried the smallest thing could send Corey storming out of his life again. “I, uhmm….” He cleared his throat. “I had a date.”

Corey looked at the clock on the wall. “You had a date… and you walk into a diner… alone, to have dessert at 9:30 on a Friday night?” Jason could hear the curiosity in the other man’s voice. “I guess it didn’t go well?”

Jason’s waited to respond when he saw the waitress approaching. “Need a top up, Cor?” she asked, holding up the pot.

“Sure, Amber. Thanks.” He smiled at the friendly woman, sliding his partially empty cup to the edge of the table.

“How about you, hon?” She turned her attention on Jason. “What can I get you?”

“I came to test one of those award winning pies.”

The woman grinned at him. “Abby’s desserts are to die for. You won’t be disappointed. We have cherry, apple and blueberry today.”

Jason ordered the blueberry, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, while Corey opted for the apple. With a promise they would soon be converts, Amber left to retrieve their order.

“Well?” Corey said, after their desserts were delivered, and they were alone again.

Jason cut into the crust, not looking across the table. “We weren’t looking for the same things… so no, it didn’t work out.”

“You could tell that after one date?” Corey took a bite and hummed in appreciation.

“Marco still likes the party scene a little too much,” Jason said, poking at his food.

Corey’s shoulders stiffened, and for a few moments an uncomfortable silence fell over their table while Jason waited for the explosion. “And that’s not what you want?” The brunette finally asked, sounding surprisingly curious instead of sarcastic.

“No it isn’t.” Jason put down his fork and leaned back against the cushioned seat. “I’m not saying I’m looking to get married any time soon, but I am looking for more than quick fucks in bathroom stalls and one night stands. Been there, done that… have the ass-less chaps.”

Corey snorted a laugh. “Oh god,” he said, choking and grabbing his coffee. “Don’t say things like that when someone is eating. What an image.” With his eyes watering, Corey looked up at the blonde, clearly amused, before his expression became serious again. “That’s a big change for you, isn’t it?”

Jason sighed deeply, suddenly feeling tired. “A lot has changed with me over the last eight years, Cor.”

A green- eyed gaze held his for a long minute, seemingly searching for something. Finally Corey nodded and lowered his eyes back to his plate. “Fair enough,” he answered. “I guess it’s been a long time since we really knew each other.”

Jason’s smile was sad. “It has been a long time.” He wanted to say more, but didn’t want to push too hard and derail the progress they seemed to be making. “Guess what I saw on the television the other night?” he said instead, changing the subject. Corey raised an eyebrow in silent question. “Evil Dead two,” he said with a smirk. They’d always loved that movie, especially the scenes with the possessed hand.

Corey barked out a laughed. “That’s so funny! I saw it too. That hand still kills me.”

They soon lost track of time reminiscing about some of the best and the worst movies they’d seen together, and laughing over Drew’s outrage if they didn’t include at least one action movie in their marathons. Before they knew it, it was almost eleven and the restaurant was about to close. After paying their respective bills, they left together and stopped in front of Jason’s car.

“Where are you parked?” Jason asked, leaning against the driver’s door.

“I walked. I usually do unless it’s too cold or raining too hard.”

“Well hop in,” Jason pointed to the passenger side of his vehicle. “I’ll give you a ride home.”

“That’s not necessary.” Corey shook his head. “I don’t live too far away.”

“Come on. It’s only fair. You helped me out after that rabid squirrel attack.”

Corey appeared to be debating with himself for a moment before finally nodding. “All right. That would be nice, thank you.”

Corey smirked as Jason pulled out onto the street. “Rabid squirrel?”

Jason put on his most serious expression. “Yes, rabid. I could have been killed.”

Corey rolled his eyes and Jason could have sworn he muttered ‘drama queen’ under his breath.

“What was that?” the big blonde asked, trying to suppress a smile.

“Oh, nothing.”

Laughing quietly he navigated the city streets, under Corey’s direction. Soon he pulled up to a small, two storey home. It was too dark to really see the color, but Jason thought it looked grey-blue.

“Thanks for the ride,” Corey said as he leaned through the open passenger door. “And watch out for those kamikaze rodents.” With a laugh he closed the door and jogged up the steps to his front door. With a final wave, the brunette disappeared inside.

Jason was halfway home when he realized that he was singing along to one of his favorite songs… and he was happy. It amazed him what spending time with his old friend did for his mood, even after a disappointing date. True, he and Corey were far from being the friends they were back in high school, and maybe they’d never get that closeness back, but tonight was a step in the right direction.

Thank you to my wonderful editor, Gary, who is always patient with my comma affliction.  :glomp:   Thank you to all of you who read and support this story.  
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 69
  • Love 5
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Nice that Jason has (kinda, sorta, maybe) figured out that he wants more than a one night stand! And the easy-going chat with Corey is in stark contrast to the formality of his date.
Fun chapter! You did well here! (And, yeah--I'm still giggling over the concept of "kamikaze rodents"!)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

A great big change for Jason, and his ability to turn Marco down proves that. Corey has no idea about how that experience must have been for Jason. But the reconnection between them is a lovey thing, and you paint that beautifully. That Jason is humming happily understates the very real changes that have happened in his so heart. How can he show that to Corey? Jason may have to re-injure himself just to see Corey again.

Link to comment

I stumbled upon your story today after a few months absence from GA, and binge read every chapter while at work. I'm enjoying it so much! I can't wait to see how Corey and Jason's relationship develops from this point on. They seem to be headed in the right direction.

 

There's a lot of unresolved issues Corey needs to deal with concerning his father. Maybe once he's done that, he won't blanket everyone the same because of his father's unsavory affairs.

 

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Link to comment

This was a nice chapter. This might seem a bit odd but as I was reading I suddenly thought these two would make another set of great friends for M&K. I like the direction this is headed and the slow rebuilding of their friendship. We "know" that ultimately they're gonna end up together but the journey to get there ... well, it's going to be interesting.

Link to comment

I'm glad that Jason kept a cool head with the Italian stallion. In some ways taking him up on the one-night stand and then regretting it would also be in line with Jason's character development, but I like that you are showing that he's already stronger than that. Very good reaction scene with Corey. I'm hoping that Jason's continued twinges of pain aren't a sign of ongoing problems, but maybe another professional visit with Corey will help things along for them both in sorting out their issues. Nice work! :lol:

Link to comment

"...assless chaps..." ?? Just where has a sweet lady like you been hanging out? Very amusing. Jason is showing continual growth, and as much as he doesn't admit it now, deep down, what he shared with Corey as young men, is one of the things he 'craves'(hehe). It was more than friendship then, and it is something that is on its way to re-igniting. I don't think Corey realizes that his teenage crush was returned by the older guy... and if I was to guess, Jason picked Pierre because he wasn't ready to be with someone he cared so much for. Now, their worlds are colliding at the right time. Both men are ready... we just need you to get them there... great chapter, my friend... cheers... Gary

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Jason and Corey have a long history together, and except for that one blemish all of it was good. These little chance encounters are slowly erasing that bad part of their past as they reconnect.

Link to comment

I think Jason turning Marco down was partly a lack of interest in casual sex, partly (unconscious) distaste for starting another relationship with sex, and partly Jason not wanting to become embroiled in the hot party scene in Kingston, small as it may be. I kept wondering whether Corey knows Marco? Surely, if he's been out in the gay community of Kingston, the hot italian would have hit on him sooner or later? Perhaps even successfully? :o:lol:

Link to comment

It takes a lot of strength to turn down sex when you've been without it for so long. Sure, Jason really wants emotional intimacy, but sometimes you take what you can get. Looks like he's finally grown a pair!

Link to comment

Getting his priorities in order is a good start. I guess casual sex gets a bit dull after a while and suddenly there can be longing. Marco could be a nice guy, just not interested in a relationship. It's for the best they cleared that up right away. We'll see now how they progress in their friendship. Seemed like an eye-opener for Corey too, to realize Jason indeed had changed.

Link to comment

i like this chapter for his it showed Jason's growth as a character. Marco wasn't some super sleezy jerk or anything, but he and Jason just weren't on the same page. I'm glad that Jason realized that even though he feels comfortable enough now to try going on a date, he's not going to compromise what he's really looking for just cause he hasn't had sex in a while.

 

This was probably the most meaningful interaction between Jason and Corey yet. How far they've come from since the wedding. Not only can they have an amicable conversation, but can actually sit down and enjoy each other's company. I'm with Gary, I think they both meant a lot more to each other than they realized. I hope this can continue.

 

There's a lot of elephants that follow them around to whatever room they're in. Some things will eventually have to be confronted. I'm thinking they're going to have to get to a point where it'll actually be worth it to actually confront this stuff between them together. Thanks for this chapter LL, I'm really enjoying it.

Link to comment

Was a nice, lighthearted chapter. Yes, I still have the noose waiting for Jason! Lol! Don't get too excited, but I kinda had a tiny bit of respect for Jason for turning down Marco. I think anyone with a shred of self respect would have turned him down too. The only reason I'm so hard and distrustful with Jason is he waited 8 years to care about the friendships he wrecked. U say he did care and did think about the guys, but if that were true he would have made amends with them the same time he made amends with his brother instead of waiting til he got a good dose of karma. I still say too little, too late.

Link to comment

Rabid squirrels in assless chaps, what a chapter!

 

While that is an awesome image, I think the insights we get into Jason were much more significant. The dark look on his face when Marco mentioned the party life spoke volumes. The comfortable interaction over yummy pie also said a lot.

 

Going to look for some pie right now...

Link to comment

Wow.. Good for Jason.. Marco could have eas Been the catalyst for him throwing back to his past party hard days.. His immediate distaste and refusal showed just how much he has grown. Jason has come a long way, and maybe it's impressed on Corey over their desert, that he really has changed. This should nudge their friendship up a notch..
And for no good reason other than it was priceless... assless chaps.. I'll have silk rope with that please..

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 12:29 AM, Robert Rex said:

Nice that Jason has (kinda, sorta, maybe) figured out that he wants more than a one night stand! And the easy-going chat with Corey is in stark contrast to the formality of his date.

Fun chapter! You did well here! (And, yeah--I'm still giggling over the concept of "kamikaze rodents"!)

Haha I'm glad you liked the kamikaze rodents. They can be deadly you know ;)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Robert. :)

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 12:48 AM, Parker Owens said:

A great big change for Jason, and his ability to turn Marco down proves that. Corey has no idea about how that experience must have been for Jason. But the reconnection between them is a lovey thing, and you paint that beautifully. That Jason is humming happily understates the very real changes that have happened in his so heart. How can he show that to Corey? Jason may have to re-injure himself just to see Corey again.

It was a big change for Jason... dating for the sake of dating is fairly new to him, but he seems to know what he wants now. How can he show the actual depth of change to Corey? I'm not sure that anything but time and exposure to each other can really do that.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Parker. :)

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 01:12 AM, BuffyWillow said:

I stumbled upon your story today after a few months absence from GA, and binge read every chapter while at work. I'm enjoying it so much! I can't wait to see how Corey and Jason's relationship develops from this point on. They seem to be headed in the right direction.

 

There's a lot of unresolved issues Corey needs to deal with concerning his father. Maybe once he's done that, he won't blanket everyone the same because of his father's unsavory affairs.

 

Looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank you for coming along for the ride BuffyWillow! Corey does have some issues to resolve where his family is concerned. Hopefully that can happen for him soon, but things haven't changed for his family for as long as he can remember.

 

Thank you for your review and your support :)

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 02:06 AM, dughlas said:

This was a nice chapter. This might seem a bit odd but as I was reading I suddenly thought these two would make another set of great friends for M&K. I like the direction this is headed and the slow rebuilding of their friendship. We "know" that ultimately they're gonna end up together but the journey to get there ... well, it's going to be interesting.

Wouldn't that be great if they were really able to meet? I'm pleased you like the direction this is taking. They might be taking their time, but they are slowly starting to build a friendship again.

 

thank you for your review and your support, Dugh :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 02:29 AM, Lux Apollo said:

I'm glad that Jason kept a cool head with the Italian stallion. In some ways taking him up on the one-night stand and then regretting it would also be in line with Jason's character development, but I like that you are showing that he's already stronger than that. Very good reaction scene with Corey. I'm hoping that Jason's continued twinges of pain aren't a sign of ongoing problems, but maybe another professional visit with Corey will help things along for them both in sorting out their issues. Nice work! :lol:

I think for Jason, sleeping with Marco would have been like a step backwards for him. He moved out of Toronto to get away from that scene and to make some changes in his life. He may have made some crappy decisions in his past, but he's pretty determined once he makes up his mind about something.

 

Hmmm maybe he will need a visit to his physiotherapist :P

 

Thank you for your review and your support, lux_apollo :)

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 02:31 AM, Headstall said:

"...assless chaps..." ?? Just where has a sweet lady like you been hanging out? Very amusing. Jason is showing continual growth, and as much as he doesn't admit it now, deep down, what he shared with Corey as young men, is one of the things he 'craves'(hehe). It was more than friendship then, and it is something that is on its way to re-igniting. I don't think Corey realizes that his teenage crush was returned by the older guy... and if I was to guess, Jason picked Pierre because he wasn't ready to be with someone he cared so much for. Now, their worlds are colliding at the right time. Both men are ready... we just need you to get them there... great chapter, my friend... cheers... Gary

hehe I had some fun friends?? :P And the crave reference made me giggle :lol: As for how deep Jason's feeling were for Corey back then, I think the time they start spending together will make it clearer how they once felt about each other.

 

Thank you for another great review and all of your support, Gary. :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 02:48 AM, drpaladin said:

Jason and Corey have a long history together, and except for that one blemish all of it was good. These little chance encounters are slowly erasing that bad part of their past as they reconnect.

I think you're right about the time spent together slowly erasing the bad.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Dr.P.

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 03:12 AM, Timothy M. said:

I think Jason turning Marco down was partly a lack of interest in casual sex, partly (unconscious) distaste for starting another relationship with sex, and partly Jason not wanting to become embroiled in the hot party scene in Kingston, small as it may be. I kept wondering whether Corey knows Marco? Surely, if he's been out in the gay community of Kingston, the hot italian would have hit on him sooner or later? Perhaps even successfully? :o:lol:

It's possible that Corey knows Marco, although it's possible their circle of friends aren't the same.

 

I think a big part of Jason turning down Marco was his not wanting a relationship based solely on sex.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Tim. :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/09/2016 04:06 AM, Dayne Mora said:

It takes a lot of strength to turn down sex when you've been without it for so long. Sure, Jason really wants emotional intimacy, but sometimes you take what you can get. Looks like he's finally grown a pair!

I think he did grow a pair :)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Dayne. :)

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..