Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,946 Words
  • 6,526 Views
  • 35 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unforgivable - 27. Chapter 27

Chapter 27

 

The trip to Ottawa was longer than Corey remembered it being. Of course he knew that he missed his road trip buddy. The sexy blonde had kissed him goodbye early this morning.

Jason offered to try and get out of the professional development training so they could meet up at Pierre’s, but Corey told him not to worry about it. He wanted Jason to spend some time with his friends, and this was the best time to do it. Luckily, several of the guys were available for dinner on Friday night. Corey was happy for him, but he already missed the big lug. As he approached the Ottawa city limits his cell went off.

“Hello?” he greeted, activating his vehicle's Bluetooth system.

“Hey, babe. I just checked into my hotel. I wanted to give you a call before I jumped in the shower. I’m heading to the office right after.”

Corey couldn’t keep from grinning at the sound of Jason’s voice.

“I'm glad you made it in one piece. How was traffic?”

“The usual,” he answered with a chuckle. “The Don Valley is always a parking lot in the morning. Where are you? You must be getting close?”

“I’m not far now. I got delayed by a call from Liam about a patient.”

“That's great. I may be at the office by the time you get there, but text me after Pierre gets his fifteen minutes of greeting time.”

Corey held back a snort and rolled his eyes.

“I can hear you rolling your eyes from here,” Jason said, sounding like he was laughing.

“Yeah, yeah. Text you when I get there. Got it”

“I love you, Cor. Drive safe.”

“I love you too. Good luck today.”

When the line went dead, Corey swallowed around the lump in his throat. Yep, he missed his man.

The drive through Ottawa was uneventful as Corey followed the GPS directions and pulled into a beautiful treed neighborhood. Pierre and David’s home was a lovely brick bungalow surrounded by raised gardens. Knowing Pierre had a black thumb, Corey suspected it was David’s handiwork. Grabbing his bag from the backseat, he made his way to the front door. He didn’t make it halfway before an ecstatic Pierre ran out, nearly knocking Corey over as he jumped into his arms.

“Damn, Perri,” he said with a slightly breathless laugh. “You could at least let me get inside before you maul me. What will the neighbors think?”

“Ha,” the slim man huffed as he released him and sashayed up the walkway. “You should be so lucky.”

Snickering, he followed his friend inside and was immediately taken with the space. It was warm, inviting, and very Pierre. “Nice garden,” Corey said, pointing behind him. “I guess you're not allowed within fifty feet?”

The expression on Pierre’s face was priceless in its indignance. “I'll have you know I helped create those gardens.”

“Lugging soil? Trimming the crab grass?”

“Why did I invite you again?” The younger man pouted.

“Oh, you know I love you.” Corey pulled his friend into a hug, feeling better than he had since he left home that morning. “Where's David?”

“There was an emergency at one of the job sites.”

Corey snickered at the air quotes the redhead used when he said ‘emergency.’ “Nothing bad then?” Corey followed his friend to the bright living room and sat on the comfortable leather couch.

Pierre groaned in annoyance. “One of the senior crew chiefs retired, and his replacement can't seem to go a full day without needing Dave for something. It's really irritating him. He's wondering if he'll need to let the guy go.”

“That must be frustrating for David. I hope the guy can figure his shit out before gets fired. So what's on the agenda today?” Corey knew his friend would have an itinerary for the entire weekend, and could only hope the man realized he planned to leave on Sunday.

“I thought we could relax by the pool until Dave gets back, and then go to one of our favorite pubs for dinner. They make an amazing shepherd's pie and have a craft brewery on site.”

Corey felt his smile wobble, and felt like a fool when his friend looked at him with concern, but the brewery was one of the things Jason had looked forward to.

“What's wrong, Cor? You don't want to go to a pub? We can go somewhere else. There are a lot of great restaurants downtown….”

Corey put his finger over Pierre’s mouth to stop his nervous rambling. “Stop, Perri. It's nothing. I'm just being stupid.”

His friend cocked his head to the side, questioning him silently. Corey sighed and shook his head. “Jason was looking forward to the brewery.”

“Oh!” The redhead exclaimed, understanding flashing in his eyes. “You miss Jase.”

“Yeah.” Corey's laugh was self-deprecating. “Stupid, eh?”

“Not at all. David and I have rarely been away from each other for more than a day since we met. I miss him terribly if we have to be apart.”

“But it's only been a few hours.”

“So, you miss Jason,” Pierre replied with a shrug. “Why should you be apologetic about missing the man you love?”

Corey let Pierre's words sink in, and although he still felt silly for missing Jason after only a few hours, he felt better knowing his best friend understood. Thinking of the big blonde, he realized he still had to text him. Pulling out his phone Corey laughed upon realizing it’d been at least fifteen minutes since his arrival. His boyfriend was a know-it-all.

“Alive and well. Going out to soak up some sun by the pool.”

Jason's response was almost immediate. “Good. I miss you already. Love you.”

Thankfully, he wasn't the only sappy one in this relationship.

 

Corey was beginning to drift off in the warmth of the sun when he heard the sound of a big vehicle close by. His friend’s squeal of excitement made him smile as Pierre jumped up from his lounge chair.

“David’s home!”

“You don’t say….”

The big man himself stepped onto the patio a moment later, opening his arms for his much shorter boyfriend and pulling him into a tight embrace. Seeing David look so lovingly at his friend made him happy, but also reminded him of his absent man. Damn, he wished Jason was here. Chastising himself for his self-imposed lack of independence, he stood to greet his other host.

“I think someone is happy you’re home,” he teased, touched to see the big man blush when he noticed Corey. The burly construction worker cleared his throat before meeting Corey’s amused gaze.

“Good to see you again, Corey. How was the drive?”

Corey snickered as he approached the pair. “It was fine. We were outside enjoying the sunshine before you got here. You should join us.”

Pierre looked up at his lover with a wicked grin. “Yeah, baby. You could wear that swimsuit I like so much.”

Corey didn’t think David could blush any more than he was. The man swallowed hard before shooting a glare at his boyfriend. “Behave,” he whispered. The kiss that followed took all of the heat out of admonition. Pierre accepted the kiss before stepping back, looking completely unrepentant.

“We have a couple of hours before we need to head out. There’s time for a swim and a drink before we go.”

“I need a shower,” the construction worker commented, looking down at his sawdust streaked clothing. “I want to wash the grime off before I get in the pool.”

“Need any help?” Pierre teased, raking his eyes over his boyfriend’s body.

“Oh no,” Corey interrupted, nudging his friend with his elbow. “If you go in with him, we’ll never get out of here.” Okay, Corey was wrong… David could blush even more than he already had. He could almost feel the heat coming off the man.

“Umm… I’ll just go and take that shower now,” he mumbled before hurrying back inside.

As soon as the patio door just behind David, Pierre turned and stuck out his tongue. “Spoilsport.”

Corey snorted and sat back in his chair. “Like you don’t get enough play time when I’m not here.”

Pierre giggled and grinned. “He does make it his mission to have me screaming his name as many times as he can every night.” The redhead looked thoughtful for a moment. “Maybe I should have told you to bring noise cancelling headphones.”

Corey blinked at his seemingly innocent friend for a moment before roaring with laughter.

When David finally returned, wearing board shorts, they splashed around in the pool until the sun started to dip behind the fence, before heading inside. Since everyone was going to be drinking, they would be taking a cab downtown. When their ride pulled up to curb in front of the pub, Corey felt another pang of loneliness. After a quick but fierce internal scolding, he plastered on a smile and followed his friends inside.

He had to admit the place was great. After ordering his second beer, and taking a bite of his shepherd’s pie, Corey took a picture of his meal and sent it to his boyfriend. Captioning the message with a “wish you were here with us,” he hit send.

A few minutes later his phone buzzed with Jason’s reply. “So do I. Now pay attention to our friends. I love you.”

“I love you too,” he paused for a moment before adding. “Enjoy your night out with the Toronto crowd.”

“It would be more fun with you at my side. Someday we’ll have to come back here together.”

Grinning like a loon, he put his phone in his pocket and turned his attention back to his dinner companions, who were looking at him with matching bemused expressions.

“Jason’s good then?” Pierre smiled knowingly into his glass.

“Yes, smartass.” Corey laughed. “He’s great, and enjoying dinner out with friends. Now… what beer should I try next?”

Much later that night, tipsy and feeling pretty good, Corey stripped down to his underwear and flopped back on the guest bed, trying to ignore the sounds coming from his hosts’ room. Pierre wasn’t kidding… next time he was bringing noise cancelling headphones. Pulling out his phone, he unlocked the screen and checked the time. After midnight. Would Jason still be awake? There was only one way to find out.

“You awake?” he typed.

Seconds later his phone vibrated in his hand. It was Jason.

“Hey.” The smooth, deep voice over the phone made Corey’s cock perk up. “I just got out of the shower and was about to go to bed.”

Mmm… Jason wet from a shower… naked in bed. Yep, his dick was interested. “Are you wearing anything to bed?” he asked before his brain could catch up to his libido.

Jason’s chuckle made his body hum with arousal. That sound held wicked promise. “How much have you had to drink tonight, Cor?”

“Not much. I tried a few of the craft beers....”

“Cor?”

“All right… like six… maybe eight? They weren’t full bottles.”

Jason chuckled again. “That’s what I thought.”

“You didn’t answer my question,” Corey grumbled as he settled against the pillows.

“About what I’m wearing to bed?” Jason’s voice dropped, becoming a low rumble that caused a shiver down Core’s spine. He loved that voice… naughty things happened when he heard that voice.

“Yeah,” he replied, wondering if he should be embarrassed by how breathless he sounded.

“Well, right now I’m just wearing a towel.” Corey could hear rustling in the background, and the distinctive creak of someone getting into a bed. “What are you wearing, Cor?”

“Just my boxers.” He stroked his hand over the soft fabric.

“The red ones with the black stitching?”

“Yeah….”

“Damn. I love those on you. The only thing better is seeing you out of them.”

“Yeah?” Corey’s voice stuttered when his fingers grazed his hard flesh.

“Are you touching yourself?”

“Mmm. I wish you were here. I need you.”

“I’m there, Corey. Your hands are my hands… imagine my fingers gliding over your delicious body, seeking out those taut nipples I love to tease.”

Almost of its own volition, Corey’s hand moved up his body, tweaking the hardened nub, and causing a shudder to wrack his sensitized body. “Jase….”

“My hand is moving down your chest. You love to be teased, don’t you, baby? I can feel your muscles twitching under my fingertips.”

Corey’s breath started coming out in gasps. No one could turn him on like this man.

“Your cock is already hard and dripping… waiting for my touch, isn’t it? Are you hard for me, Corey?”

“God, yes.”

“Imagining me sliding your underwear down those muscular thighs… taking my time as I enjoy your magnificent body. You’re beautiful.”

“Jase… please…..” He was so close, and he hadn’t even touched his dick yet. This wasn’t going to last. Tossing his underwear to the side, he tucked the phone beside his ear, using a pillow to prop it up. He didn’t want to miss anything his boyfriend said.

“I got you, Cor. Take yourself in your hand for me. Wrap your fingers around that gorgeous cock. I want to hear you groan as you think of my hands on you. Bringing you pleasure.”

Corey realized Jason was sounding more and more out of breath. His man was enjoying their playtime as much as Corey.

“Are you ready to come for me?”

“So close.”

“I love you so much, Corey. Come with me.”

The idea that Jason was stroking his own cock, thinking of Corey as he pleasured himself, was all it took to throw Corey over the edge. Gritting his teeth he groaned and erupted over his hand and chest. Distantly, he could hear the sound of Jason grunting as he came.

Panting, he grabbed his underwear off of the floor and wiped himself down before putting the phone back to his ear.

“That was amazing.”

“Yes it was. You wore me out.” Corey grinned when Jason yawned loudly. “Now get some sleep. I love you, and I’ll call you before I head in tomorrow morning.”

“Goodnight. I love you too.”

Corey hung up the phone and rolled out of bed to give himself a more thorough wash. Once he was relatively clean, he climbed under the covers. With a sated smile he closed his eyes and let sleep pull him under. They had to repeat that.

<><><>

“You know, no matter how hard you stare, you aren’t going to see a merman in the Rideau Canal.”

Startled, Corey looked up into his friend’s amused face. “What?”

Pierre studied him for a moment before leaning against the railing of the tour boat they were on. “Why don’t you leave early and go to Toronto to meet him?”

“Why would I do that?” Corey replied, furrowing his eyebrow. “He’s there for work. It's not like we’re going to be able to spend any time together… and he has plans for a birthday celebration for a friend of his tonight. I wouldn't want to intrude.”

When Jason called that morning, he told Corey about his plans for the evening… plans that he’d been too distracted to discuss the night before. Corey wasn’t the least bit sorry to be the source of that distraction. Jason’s buddy, Mason, was turning thirty and begged Jason to join in the festivities. They would be going out for dinner as a group and hitting up a club after. With Corey still in Ottawa, he convinced Jason to extend his Toronto trip to Sunday, instead of driving home Saturday evening.

“He’s not going to be working the entire weekend, sweetie. You would have all of tonight and tomorrow to play together in the big city. If I know Jason, I’m sure he’ll be thrilled to have you there. The big lug can’t keep his eyes off you. I bet he’d love to show you off.”

Jason had told him he wished Corey could be there. From the tone in his voice, the brunette knew his boyfriend missed him too.

“Perri,” he said with a groan, knowing he was caving. “I promised to spend time with you. I’d be a pretty crappy friend if I left.”

“Oh, hon, don’t worry about me. Tonight was just going to be a barbecue by the pool, and a quiet night in after the sightseeing we’ve been doing today.” The smaller man nudged him. “And don’t insult my best friend. I’m kinda partial to the guy.”

“Are you sure?” Although Corey felt badly for considering leaving, he was excited to go out on the town with his boyfriend.

“I’m positive. You were leaving early tomorrow anyway, so it’s not that much of a difference.” Pierre wrapped a slender arm around his shoulders and leaned his head against Corey’s arm. “It also means you’ll have to make it up to me by coming back before the end of summer.”

Corey laughed and hugged his friend back. “It’s a date.”

When they returned to the house, Corey immediately packed his bag. Zipping up his suitcase, he tried to call Jason, but it went to voicemail. The poor guy must still be in his conference.

“Pierre got tired of me moaning and bitching about missing you, and sent me packing, so I’m on my way to Toronto. I’ll see you when I get there. Love you.”

Corey figured by the time he made it to Toronto he’d have to meet Jason’s group at the bar. Grinning, he hugged his friends, and jumped in the car. This was going to be great.

I'd like to send a huge thank you to my editor and friend, Gary, for all of the extra work he did editing this chapter.  You're amazing!  :worship:   Thank you to all of you who read and support this story.  :thankyou:
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 62
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Sound like another misunderstanding is imminent. How long does it take for HEA with these two? I like both of these guys and would like to see them really work as a couple. Thanks for this good story. Jeff

Link to comment

So... the cliffie queen makes another appearance, eh? Like everyone else, I'm nervous about what Corey will see when he gets there. Great chapter, my friend. I know that feeling of missing your other half very well... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 12:36 AM, Bucket1 said:

This makes me nervous... when do I get to see the next chapter

Next Wednesday, B. :*)

 

Thank you for your review (and your patience) :hug:

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 02:06 AM, spikey582 said:

:Sigh: Well I guess a test of their relationship is eminent.

:X

 

Thank you for your review and your support, spikey :)

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 02:23 AM, JeffreyL said:

Sound like another misunderstanding is imminent. How long does it take for HEA with these two? I like both of these guys and would like to see them really work as a couple. Thanks for this good story. Jeff

Thank you, Jeff :) I hope you continue to enjoy the story.

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 03:18 AM, Reader1810 said:

I'm joining the chorus, I too am nervous about what's about to come...

 

Other than that, I really enjoyed Corey's visit with Pierre and David. :)

Corey's visit was fun to write. I really like Pierre.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Reader :hug:

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 04:04 AM, Headstall said:

So... the cliffie queen makes another appearance, eh? Like everyone else, I'm nervous about what Corey will see when he gets there. Great chapter, my friend. I know that feeling of missing your other half very well... cheers... Gary....

Well I do need to maintain my rep as the Cliffie Queen -_-

 

I think everyone is nervous about whats coming, but, being a fellow author you know my answer: :X

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Gary (and that extra work you did editing). :hug:

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 07:38 AM, Okiegrad said:

I'm addicted to this story!! But now I'm nervous!

Thank you, Okiegrad! It's great to hear from you, and I'm really happy you're enjoying the story :)

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 08:16 AM, croyde said:

Agree with the problem idea that something bad is coming their way and very very soon.

I know I'm repeating myself, but :X:*)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, croyde!

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 10:00 AM, bubby1234 said:

Oh dear,i think the title of the story says it all,jason is gonna be with another guy in the club.

I think the coming chapters will answer your speculations :)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, bubby :)

Link to comment

Loved this description of Pierre and David's life. Noise cancelling headphones! But like other reviewers, I am scared to death of what Corey will find when he gets to Toronto. Why do I get a very, very, bad feeling about this?

Link to comment

Love Pierre and David. :wub: I really, really hope things will work out when Corey gets there. But ..... we know how you are.

Link to comment
On 10/27/2016 02:22 PM, Mikiesboy said:

I will be reading with my hands over my face ... between my fingers!

LOL! I hope you like next week's offering :)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, tim :hug:

Link to comment
On 10/28/2016 03:18 AM, Parker Owens said:

Loved this description of Pierre and David's life. Noise cancelling headphones! But like other reviewers, I am scared to death of what Corey will find when he gets to Toronto. Why do I get a very, very, bad feeling about this?

Pierre and David are great to write. David might be the strong, silent type, but he is devoted to Pierre, and makes sure to show him as often as possible ;)

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Parker :)

Link to comment
On 10/28/2016 01:09 PM, LadyDe said:

Love Pierre and David. :wub: I really, really hope things will work out when Corey gets there. But ..... we know how you are.

LOL This had me laughing so hard I almost spit out my coffee! I'm not that bad am I?

 

Thank you for your review and your support, LadyDe :)

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..