Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,766 Words
  • 7,782 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unforgivable - 9. Chapter 9

Chapter 9

 

Corey jogged down the steps, hiking his bag up to his shoulder. He was in a better mood than he remembered being for quite some time. The sun was shining and the air, though warm, held the promise of the coming fall. The university’s orientation didn’t start for another week, but already there were trailers full of furniture, and the excited faces of this year’s crop of students descending on the city. Zach was still grouchy whenever he’d seen the man, but Corey had given up trying to apologize. His ex clearly didn’t want to hear it. Since Corey didn’t have time for the job, the school had hired a new physical therapist over the summer, so it wasn’t like he was going to see the guy very often anyways.

In no time, he was downtown and passing ‘Abby’s.’ He couldn’t believe his eyes when Jason had walked in on Friday night. The diner was the last place Corey had expected to see him. After a little initial awkwardness, Corey found himself enjoying the bantering, and spending time with someone who shared so many of his memories. He wasn’t ready to consider them friends yet, but at least they were able to talk and reminisce.

“That’s a pretty big grin. You must be having a good morning.” Jason’s amused voice startled him out of his musings, and he was shocked to realize he’d made it all the way to his favourite coffee shop.

Laughing at himself, he walked through the door Jason held open for him. “Just lost in thought.”

“Good thoughts?” They took their places in line, which was predictably long for this time of day.

“Mostly about how nice it’s been out. I haven’t spent as much time outdoors as I’d like, even with my morning walks.”

Jason nodded in agreement. “I hear you. I was so busy when we first opened up shop, the only daylight I would see was in the morning, and maybe an hour in the evening.”

They were quiet for a while as the line slowly moved forward. “What are you doing for the long weekend?” Jason finally asked, breaking the silence.

Corey scrunched up his brow. “I’m not sure. I’d almost forgotten it was coming up, to be honest.”

Jason’s chuckle was deep and warm. “Same here. I only remembered when mom called to tell me they’d be away; driving Kat back to school.” He shook his head, a fond smile curving his lips. “You’d think they didn’t go away every long weekend since I started university.”

Corey laughed with the other man. “Well, they did get a short break between Drew and Kat.”

“Even then they went somewhere. Why mom still feels the need to let me know, I have no idea. I’m 28, and haven’t lived at home in six years for goodness sake.”

Corey burst into laughter at the petulant look on Jason’s face. “She still worries about her little boy,” Corey teased in a sing-song voice, reaching up to pinch the blonde’s cheek. Jason batted away his hand and rolled his eyes, although Corey could see his amusement. “So what are you doing for the weekend, seeing as the ‘rents are abandoning you again?”

Jason snorted. “Brat,” he said with an exaggerated sigh. “I was invited to play in a charity baseball tournament this weekend. Apparently they need a few more players because a couple of guys got hurt.”

“Yeah, I heard about that. I wonder if that’s why Sara called me. She’s one of the organizers. I haven’t had a chance to call her back.”

“Sara Thomas? That’s who asked me.” Jason shrugged, moving closer to Corey to make room for a woman with a stroller to pass by.

“Well, I guess I know what I’m doing this weekend then,” Corey said with a smirk. “That woman won’t take no for an answer.” Sara Thomas was the head of the Chamber of Commerce and sat on several charitable committees in the city. She was a force of nature.

“You should. It sounds like fun. I said okay since I really didn’t have any other plans.”

“I probably won’t have much choice,” Corey mused before stepping up to the counter to place his order. After getting his coffee he said goodbye to Jason and headed for the clinic. Luckily he had a light day today, so he was able to call Sara back that morning. He was right; she was calling to convince him to play ball. The weekend sounded like a fun time, so he agreed.

“Good morning, boss,” his assistant, Liam, said, flopping into a chair across from him. “You look like the cat that ate the canary. Having a good morning?”

Corey thought about it for a moment. “Yes,” he said with a grin. “It has been a good morning.”

 

The weekend arrived before Corey knew it, and now here he was; sitting on wooden bench, putting on his cleats. There was a great turnout, and the stands for both fields were packed. Hearing a familiar laugh, he looked up and saw Jason standing about ten feet away, talking to a petite redheaded woman. Looking amused, she patted his arm before heading in the direction of the stands. Jason turned, and his smile widened when he spotted Corey.

“Looks like we’re on the same team,” he said cheerfully, sitting next to him.

“Looks like.” Corey gave him a crooked smile before standing and stretching his arms over his head. “Have you met Jack yet?”

“Jack?” Jason pulled his shoes from the sports bag beside him.

“Jack Cooper.” Corey pointed to a tall man with dirty blonde hair and the beginnings of a beer belly looking down at the clipboard in his hand. “Our coach for the weekend.” When Jason said he hadn’t met anyone else on the team so far, Corey called Jack over.

“Good morning, Corey,” Jack said with a happy smile. “I see Sara was able to rope you in.”

“Was there ever a doubt?” He pointed over his shoulder at Jason. “Jack, this is Jason. He’s new to the area. Sara got her claws into him too.”

After introducing Jason to Jack, as well as other members of their team, they all jogged onto the field. Corey was assigned shortstop, and Jason was sent to right field. It’d been a while since Corey played, but he was having a great time. It didn’t hurt that they won by a few runs. Jason had made a couple of great catches that had the spectators cheering. The jaunty salute and wink he gave Corey after one catch had the brunette snorting with laughter. Jason loved to play, but he never took the game seriously and only did it for fun. That was probably why he didn’t try out for any of the teams in university.

Halfway through their second game, the two men were sitting on the bench together, rehydrating. They were down a couple of runs, but everyone was still having a great time. There was a barbecue happening in one corner of the park, and several players from various teams planned to hit up one of the local bars together to unwind.

“You two coming to Finn’s with us?” Trevor, their first baseman, asked as he sat down after his at bat.

Corey looked to Jason. “I’m in,” the big blonde answered with a grin for his teammate. “Should be fun watching you lot get trashed, and then have to recover in time for our game tomorrow.”

Trevor scoffed before turning to Corey. “What about you, Cor? You coming?”

“Sure, what the hell,” he said with a shrug.

After losing their game, and trading friendly barbs with their opponents, Corey grabbed a water bottle and jogged over to the bleachers. His buddy, Grant, was playing in the next game, so he decided to stay and watch. He grabbed a seat a few rows up, greeting several people he knew. The warmups had just finished when Jason wandered by from the direction of the parking lot.

“Jase,” he called, pleased in spite of himself when Jason looked happy to see him.

“Hey,” Jason said as he sat beside him. “I thought you’d left.”

“Nah.” He pointed at the catcher with his water bottle. “Grant’s playing this game. Thought I’d watch.”

“Mind if I join you?” Jason inquired, leaning back on his elbows on the seat behind them. “I’m not hungry enough to hit up that barbecue yet.”

“Sure, no problem.” He slid over to make more room.

They watched the game mostly in silence, but it wasn’t strained or uncomfortable. They exclaimed over good plays and groaned at a ball that dribbled through the shortstop’s legs. Corey introduced Jason to a few people in the stands, and was surprised when some knew him. The lawyer had already made an impression it seemed.

“Oh,” Jason exclaimed near the end of the game. “I talked to Drew last night. They finally promoted him.”

“About time.” Corey grinned. “He’s been in line for that promotion for almost a year.”

Jason took a sip of his water and nodded. “He’s even making noise about maybe possibly thinking about kids someday… maybe.” The blonde snickered.

“Seriously?” Corey was shocked. Not that he thought his best friend wouldn’t make a great dad… he would… but he and Liz had only been married a few months.

“I think they’re in the ‘maybe talk about it someday’ stage… but yeah, I’m serious.”

“Wow,” Corey muttered, staring out at the field.

Jason bumped his shoulder. “Never thought we’d see the day, eh?”

Corey shook his head and laughed. “Nope. Good for him though. Liz is an awesome girl.” Corey, again, was struck by how much his friend had grown and changed over the years… evolving from a commitment-phobic playboy to a husband, and now potentially a father, in a few short years. Watching Jason out of the corner of his eye, he wondered if the same could be said of the older Sedor sibling. Maybe Jason was right, and a lot had changed in the last eight years?

 

With both of them going to the bar, Jason convinced Corey it would be easier for them to share a cab. After getting out of his sweaty clothes and throwing them in the hamper, Corey hopped in the shower to wash off the grime of the day. It felt surreal that he was voluntarily spending so much time with Jason, but he couldn’t deny how much fun he’d been having.

The place was already crowded when they arrived. Several teammates haled them from a large table to their right. With a hand on his lower back, Jason steered Corey in that direction. Seeming to realize what he’d done, Jason muttered an apology and removed his hand as if he’d been burned. Corey was surprised to see a blush darkening the muscular man’s complexion.

“We ordered a couple of pitchers,” said Danny, one of the outfielders, waving a hand in the direction of the centre of the table. “Just grab a glass.”

After their beer was poured, the group settled in, talking and laughing about the day’s games. Players from other teams came and went, since many of them knew each other outside of the tournament. Several players’ significant others also joined them, making for a large, boisterous crowd. Corey knew there weren’t a large number of ‘out’ men in the area, so he was pleasantly surprised when one player brought his boyfriend to the celebration, and impressed that so few people seemed to care. He didn’t know the men personally, but he recognized one as the owner of a local real estate agency.

 

Several hours into the night, it was his turn to buy a round. He’d just stepped up to the bar and placed his order when someone bumped into him from behind. “So does your boyfriend know you’re banging his brother?” said a familiar, sneering voice.

Rolling his eyes and sighing, Corey turned to face his ex. “Get some new material, Zach,” he said, trying not to scowl. It was obvious from the man’s slight wobble he’d had a few too many. Corey paid the bartender, deciding to ignore his inebriated ex-boyfriend.

“I fucking hate being ignored.” Zach’s hot breath against his neck made his skin crawl. What the hell did had he ever seen in this guy?

This was supposed to be a fun, relaxing night and he didn’t want it to end in a fight. Stiffening his spine, he turned in the small space between their bodies. “I’m not talking to you here,” Corey said through clenched teeth. “It isn’t the time or place for this conversation.”

“Yeah, but I wanna talk about it, baby.” Zach leaned in, pressing his body against Corey’s.

“Back off, Zach. If you want to talk, see me when you’re sober.”

“Is there a problem, Cor?” Jason asked from behind the assistant coach. Corey used the distraction to put some distance between them.

“Nope,” Corey answered, taking the drinks and pushing past Zach. “Zach just stopped to say hi.”

Jason nodded, but looked skeptical. Corey gave him a weak smile when he reached for one of the pitchers. “Thanks.”

Out of the corner of his eye he saw his ex take a step towards them. Someone, Corey thought it might have been another coach from the university, put a hand on Zach’s shoulder and whispered in his ear. The big man looked startled for a moment before grimacing and following the other man to the far corner of the bar. Corey exhaled the breath he was holding, and turned to lead Jason back to their group.

“What the hell was that about?” Jason asked quietly when they reached their table.

Corey groaned and scrubbed his palms over his face. “No idea. Drunken ramblings? I’ve tried to apologize to the guy a few times and he’s ignored me every time. Now that he’s a few too many, he seems to want to ‘chat.’”

“Why would you apologize to him?” Jason sounded incredulous, looking back in the direction that Zach disappeared.

“Because I hit him?”

“He shoved you into a wall first, Cor.” Jason whispered, leaning in close. Corey didn’t want his personal business advertised to the world, so he was grateful for Jason’s tact.

“It was no excuse to punch him,” Corey said quietly, pouring himself another drink. “It’s over now as far as I’m concerned. I tried to apologize. He wouldn’t hear it. End of story.”

Jason reached over and took Corey’s hand, giving it a brief squeeze before letting go again. “You’re a good man for wanting to apologize, but be careful around him. I don’t think he’s let it go.”

Much to his mortification Corey could feel a blush heating his face. “Thanks… and I will.”

Jason held his gaze for a few moments before nodding. “I know you can take care of yourself, Cor. I just worry.”

“You always did,” Corey said with a shy smile. “Even when we were kids.”

“It was part of the big brother gig,” Jason responded, nudging the smaller brunette with his shoulder. “It’s what we do.”

Jason turned when one of the wives tapped him on the shoulder. Corey took a sip of his beer and watched Jason interact with the table. He seemed to sense Corey’s perusal, and looked over with a smile, before turning back to his conversation. The brunette’s chest tightened with longing when he thought of how close they used to be. Could they ever get that back? Did he want to? He had friends in Kingston, but none who knew him like Drew, Perri, or even Jase. A part of him really wanted to give Jason another chance, but could he trust him?

He was overthinking… again. Maybe it was time to stop punishing Jason for something he did when he was twenty? Pierre had forgiven him… why couldn’t he? There were things they needed to talk about… to clear the air between them… but he was sure Jason would be happy to have the chance. If their friendship could never be rebuilt it would be sad, but he didn’t want to be the reason they didn’t try. Now that the decision had been made he felt lighter. He was startled when Jason tapped him on the shoulder.

“I was thinking of heading out. Are you ready to go?” the man asked, inclining his head towards the door.

“Yeah,” Corey said with a grin. “I think I am.”

Thank you to my amazing editor, Gary. :hug: Thank you to all of you who read and support this story.
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 75
  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



Sorry, but Jason is kinda sounding like a bit of a stalker. Just "conveniently" running into him so often, then "oh, we're playing on the same team." I don't care how big or small the city is, just too big of a coincidence.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I like the direction the story is going in Lit. Jason and Corey both seem to be taking 'baby steps' in the right direction to get their friendship back on track.
I don't know how easy it would be to continually bump into the same person in Kingston, but considering it's happened to me a number of times on public transit (and once in a huge mall I ran into the same person twice lol) in a more heavily populated area, I'm going to believe this is truly happenstance....or is it kismet? :)
In any case, it looks likes things are progressing nicely for Corey and Jason on the friendship/possible relationship front.
About Zach...not looking good at all..I'm worried. :(

Link to comment

The story is unfolding beautifully. Jason isn't pushing He's just being himself... no games. Corey is starting to see, and remember, and miss what was lost. Once again, Zach highlights the difference between the two men, and he comes out looking more pathetic each time. I liked that Jason, while there for Corey, didn't try to interfere too much... a lot of guys would have overacted to impress... again, no games... well done, my friend... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

I really like these two. Their interaction isn't forced just easy, I suspect very much the way it was before. It seems that each has developed a routine that puts them in the same places at the same time. May seem odd to some but there are people I see most every day because we walk in the park at the same time, it's just routine. Only think about it if I don't see them for a couple of days.
I liked Crave but I think this is an even better tale ...

Link to comment

So Corey is finally realizing he's been a bit hard on Jason? About time... But he's right about them needing a talk. At least Corey needs one ot lay his own ghosts to rest. He might even realize it's not about Jason, but his father.

Link to comment

The awkwardness that was present at first is now all but gone, it's like catching a glimpse into what they were like all those years ago. :) I love how at ease Jason and Corey are, especially seeing how much they were having fun at the baseball games.

 

And of course, Zach. :rolleyes: Idiot extraordinaire, lol. I've often heard that drunk people do things they wouldn't do sober because they lose a lot of their inhibitions. So a sober Zach is too embarrassed/mad to talk with Corey, but when he's drunk he's the one to approach Corey and talk to him. Also, I think he's an interesting parallel to Corey. To Zach, his ex cheated on him, and now he thinks the worst of Corey (like Corey used to think the worst of Jason).

 

Finally, I have a feeling that there will be more "new boyfriend?" comments, like the one Jon gave, the more Jason and Corey interact. :gikkle: It will be so funny seeing their reactions. :lol:

 

Thank you so much for another amazing chapter Lit! :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/15/2016 11:27 PM, jaysalmn said:

Sorry, but Jason is kinda sounding like a bit of a stalker. Just "conveniently" running into him so often, then "oh, we're playing on the same team." I don't care how big or small the city is, just too big of a coincidence.

lol so I guess you're not going to be heading up Jason's fan club any time soon? I wouldn't say Jason is a stalker. You have to realize, the downtown business core in Kingston isn't large. Both of their workplaces would be within blocks of each other, and their homes are only a few kilometers apart. That would mean they would have a greater chance of running into one another, especially at locations like coffee shops.

 

As for being on the same team, I didn't really elaborate on the players who how to bow out, but they were on the same team, and Jason and Corey replaced them.

 

Thank you for your review and your continued support of the story. :)

Link to comment
On 06/16/2016 02:03 AM, Reader1810 said:

I like the direction the story is going in Lit. Jason and Corey both seem to be taking 'baby steps' in the right direction to get their friendship back on track.

I don't know how easy it would be to continually bump into the same person in Kingston, but considering it's happened to me a number of times on public transit (and once in a huge mall I ran into the same person twice lol) in a more heavily populated area, I'm going to believe this is truly happenstance....or is it kismet? :)

In any case, it looks likes things are progressing nicely for Corey and Jason on the friendship/possible relationship front.

About Zach...not looking good at all..I'm worried. :(

They are taking baby steps. Jason is so happy that Corey is giving him the time of day at all that baby steps are an improvement from the last eight years.

 

I come from a pretty small town, but I've run into people from back home when I was visiting Toronto, and even Ottawa, so running into someone when you live in the same city just seemed natural.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Reader. :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/16/2016 02:30 AM, Headstall said:

The story is unfolding beautifully. Jason isn't pushing He's just being himself... no games. Corey is starting to see, and remember, and miss what was lost. Once again, Zach highlights the difference between the two men, and he comes out looking more pathetic each time. I liked that Jason, while there for Corey, didn't try to interfere too much... a lot of guys would have overacted to impress... again, no games... well done, my friend... cheers... Gary...

Honestly, I think Jason is afraid to spook Corey by pushing too hard so he's allowing Corey to set the pace of their friendship. Jason is protective, but he knows Corey is able to take care of himself, and probably needed to with Zach.

 

Thank you for another great review and all of your support, Gary. :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/16/2016 03:02 AM, dughlas said:

I really like these two. Their interaction isn't forced just easy, I suspect very much the way it was before. It seems that each has developed a routine that puts them in the same places at the same time. May seem odd to some but there are people I see most every day because we walk in the park at the same time, it's just routine. Only think about it if I don't see them for a couple of days.

I liked Crave but I think this is an even better tale ...

Once they both let down their guards, their friendship is natural and fun to write about. Their interactions make me smile because I can almost picture them teasing each other on the field.

 

Thank you for your review, and a great endorsement, Dugh. :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/16/2016 05:05 AM, Puppilull said:

So Corey is finally realizing he's been a bit hard on Jason? About time... But he's right about them needing a talk. At least Corey needs one ot lay his own ghosts to rest. He might even realize it's not about Jason, but his father.

Corey tries so hard to not think about his father that I don't think he even realizes how much the man has affected his perceptions of other people. Maybe a talk will help?

 

Thank you for your review and your support, birthday girl :)

Link to comment
On 06/16/2016 05:17 AM, Drew Espinosa said:

The awkwardness that was present at first is now all but gone, it's like catching a glimpse into what they were like all those years ago. :) I love how at ease Jason and Corey are, especially seeing how much they were having fun at the baseball games.

 

And of course, Zach. :rolleyes: Idiot extraordinaire, lol. I've often heard that drunk people do things they wouldn't do sober because they lose a lot of their inhibitions. So a sober Zach is too embarrassed/mad to talk with Corey, but when he's drunk he's the one to approach Corey and talk to him. Also, I think he's an interesting parallel to Corey. To Zach, his ex cheated on him, and now he thinks the worst of Corey (like Corey used to think the worst of Jason).

 

Finally, I have a feeling that there will be more "new boyfriend?" comments, like the one Jon gave, the more Jason and Corey interact. :gikkle: It will be so funny seeing their reactions. :lol:

 

Thank you so much for another amazing chapter Lit! :hug:

Zach is an idiot, and a brave drunk. As I said in an response several chapters ago, Zach is actually based on someone I know in real life, and he was a jerk when he was drinking too.

 

Now that Corey is relaxing and letting the friendship happen, they are starting to get back to the easy, familiar interactions, although they are older now, so jumping across a couch to noogie a younger sibling "might" not happen now ;)

 

Thank you for your review, and your support, Drew. :hug:

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

You can feel Corey's happiness rolling off the page whenever he has been around Jason or thinking about him. Eight years is a long time to hold a grudge against someone you really like a great deal over one mistake. Corey is coming to the realization that we have been seeing for awhile and it is a wonderful thing to witness as it unfolds. Bravo.

 

Zach is such a jerk. I can appreciate that you have taken him from real life. I've known people exactly like him. Stupidity should be painful and occasionally it is. Corey is a bit of a submissive when it comes to relationships. I guess he gets that from his mother and just doesn't see it in himself. He would certainly hate it if he did given what he's seen his mother tolerate from his father. I'm afraid we may see more from Zach and nothing good.

Link to comment
On 06/16/2016 06:53 AM, drpaladin said:

You can feel Corey's happiness rolling off the page whenever he has been around Jason or thinking about him. Eight years is a long time to hold a grudge against someone you really like a great deal over one mistake. Corey is coming to the realization that we have been seeing for awhile and it is a wonderful thing to witness as it unfolds. Bravo.

 

Zach is such a jerk. I can appreciate that you have taken him from real life. I've known people exactly like him. Stupidity should be painful and occasionally it is. Corey is a bit of a submissive when it comes to relationships. I guess he gets that from his mother and just doesn't see it in himself. He would certainly hate it if he did given what he's seen his mother tolerate from his father. I'm afraid we may see more from Zach and nothing good.

I think the actual physical distance between them made it easier for Corey to continue to hold a grudge. With them being in the same city now, and running into each other, it's harder to remain aloof and unaffected... it also reminds him what he really misses about his friend.

 

Corey is a submissive in relationships... I hadn't really thought about it, but yes, I think you have a good point. He does take a fairly submissive roll in romantic relationships.

 

Thank you for your insightful review and your support, Dr. P. :)

Link to comment

Zach... sigh... stupid... too stupid for words :rolleyes: and regrettably a very believable character. Do we all know someone like him?

 

Small town happenstance, I live in a city of 2 million people and these odd connections still happen here.

 

Bringing Corey and Jason together in some sort of proximity means Corey needs to address his feelings towards Jason. It has been too easy to have the grudge in suspended animation especially when it is really about his father.

 

Nice chapter :)

Link to comment

I really like that Corey is understanding Jason may not be the same person he was in the past. That he can start to put that aside and just let the friendship develop. He's smiling more, people are noticing change in him, all positive thanks in part to Jason. Makes you wonder how stressed he was when he was with Zach..
Zach is trouble waiting to happen. I just hope Corey isn't alone if he acts out...

 

This chapter was really good. The interaction between Corey and Jason as it progresses, feel

Link to comment
On 06/16/2016 11:27 AM, Bucket1 said:

Zach... sigh... stupid... too stupid for words :rolleyes: and regrettably a very believable character. Do we all know someone like him?

 

Small town happenstance, I live in a city of 2 million people and these odd connections still happen here.

 

Bringing Corey and Jason together in some sort of proximity means Corey needs to address his feelings towards Jason. It has been too easy to have the grudge in suspended animation especially when it is really about his father.

 

Nice chapter :)

Although Zach is based on one person in particular, I do know a few people who have similar traits.

 

Corey's grudge has been in suspended animation until now. It's easy to ignore something when its not 'in your face' every day. The same can be said of his feelings about his father. Its not going to be easy for him to do now that he sees the man fairly regularly.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, B. :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/16/2016 07:32 PM, Defiance19 said:

I really like that Corey is understanding Jason may not be the same person he was in the past. That he can start to put that aside and just let the friendship develop. He's smiling more, people are noticing change in him, all positive thanks in part to Jason. Makes you wonder how stressed he was when he was with Zach..

Zach is trouble waiting to happen. I just hope Corey isn't alone if he acts out...

 

This chapter was really good. The interaction between Corey and Jason as it progresses, feel

I'm not sure Corey was necessarily stressed with Zach, as much as he just wasn't happy or fulfilled in the relationship. As for Zach being trouble waiting to happen? There is always that chance.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Def. :hug:

Link to comment

Interesting to see Jase blushing at his small natural act of intimacy (putting his hand on Corey's back). It's something a boyfriend might do and I think Jason realized even if Corey didn't. Jase is being very careful not to give offense and to keep a rein on his protective urges. Joining Corey at the bar when he saw Zach, and asking Corey to be careful could be the acts of a friend but also of someone wanting to be more. But Corey is grateful rather than offended, so Jase gets it right. :D
Jay may have a point although I wouldn't go as far as calling it stalking. What's wrong with turning up in places Corey frequents? Jase has done it by accident, but in most cases Corey was the one to initiate contact. Jase isn't pushing his company on Corey and we know he missed their friendship and would like to be friends again (I don't think he's thought further than that yet).
Jase is new in town and becoming part of Corey's circle of friends and acquaintances is happening naturally too, eg via the baseball game. They both got invited to the bar by Trey and Corey didn't say no after he knew Jason was going. So he's definitely not avoiding Jase. Therefore I find nothing wrong with Jase putting himself in Corey's path as long as he lets Corey call the shots. He's certainly a lot more respectful about any 'stalking' than what Zach did in the bar. :pissed:
I'm dying to know what the other coach told Zach. Did he warn him about Jason the lawyer or about harassing Corey?

Link to comment

The ease between Corey and Jason is effortless. They slip back into familiar patterns, and hopefully, it will continue even though they still experience awkward moments. Jason’s protectiveness is endearing because it comes from a genuine place. Zach is a douche-nozzle. Corey needs to be wary when it comes to his ex. Loving this story and can’t wait for the next posting.

Link to comment
On 06/17/2016 01:59 AM, Timothy M. said:

Interesting to see Jase blushing at his small natural act of intimacy (putting his hand on Corey's back). It's something a boyfriend might do and I think Jason realized even if Corey didn't. Jase is being very careful not to give offense and to keep a rein on his protective urges. Joining Corey at the bar when he saw Zach, and asking Corey to be careful could be the acts of a friend but also of someone wanting to be more. But Corey is grateful rather than offended, so Jase gets it right. :D

Jay may have a point although I wouldn't go as far as calling it stalking. What's wrong with turning up in places Corey frequents? Jase has done it by accident, but in most cases Corey was the one to initiate contact. Jase isn't pushing his company on Corey and we know he missed their friendship and would like to be friends again (I don't think he's thought further than that yet).

Jase is new in town and becoming part of Corey's circle of friends and acquaintances is happening naturally too, eg via the baseball game. They both got invited to the bar by Trey and Corey didn't say no after he knew Jason was going. So he's definitely not avoiding Jase. Therefore I find nothing wrong with Jase putting himself in Corey's path as long as he lets Corey call the shots. He's certainly a lot more respectful about any 'stalking' than what Zach did in the bar. :pissed:

I'm dying to know what the other coach told Zach. Did he warn him about Jason the lawyer or about harassing Corey?

I think Jason is scared to make a wrong move with Corey, and doesn't want to push too hard. I can guarantee that Jason is deliberately trying to be in the same place at the same time as Corey. It's just something that happens when you work within blocks of someone. I do agree though that Jason is allowing Corey to set the pace and call the shots when they do meet.

 

I didn't elaborate about what the other coach said, but I'd imagine its about his behaviour since he did look chagrined.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Tim :hug:

Link to comment
On 06/17/2016 09:06 AM, BuffyWillow said:

The ease between Corey and Jason is effortless. They slip back into familiar patterns, and hopefully, it will continue even though they still experience awkward moments. Jason’s protectiveness is endearing because it comes from a genuine place. Zach is a douche-nozzle. Corey needs to be wary when it comes to his ex. Loving this story and can’t wait for the next posting.

Douche-nozzle? I love that :lol:

 

Jason's protectiveness comes pretty naturally to him. He'd tried to protect Corey (and Drew) since the boys were 4.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, BuffyWillow. :)

Link to comment

Like I mentioned elsewhere, this was my favorite chapter yet. Tim touched on this, but my favorite part was Jason's instinctual intimacy, steering Corey, then of course getting all tripped up about it. I think the more time they are spending together, the more time Corey has to remember just how much Jason meant to him, and not just focus on the mistake that ruined everything.

 

If Jason had been sweet and friendly, but had been casually messing around with that other guy, I think Corey would have still been friendly, but still kept Jason at arm's length. What is happening now is, Corey is getting the best parts of the old Jason, who he was very close with, but also eight years more mature and past his "young and wild" phase. The exact kind of person who would be perfect for Corey to be in a relationship with... ;) Though neither of them really seem to be thinking that way just yet. The elephants are still in the room, but the guys are realizing it.

 

Zach is, of course, a (not so) nice contrast for what Corey was settling for not so very long ago. He's also a total creep and loser. I guess he still wants to cause problems in some way, hopefully he won't cause too much trouble. Corey better watch out, and hopefully Jason will be able to have his back when the time comes.

 

Thanks LL, for another chapter in this delightful and engaging story.

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..