Jump to content
    LitLover
  • Author
  • 2,910 Words
  • 7,467 Views
  • 36 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Unforgivable - 4. Chapter 4

*** PLEASE NOTE: This chapter covers the same time period as chapter 3 (From the day before the bachelor party to the end of the bachelor party), from Jason's perspective ***

Chapter 4

 

Jason felt a wave of nostalgia as he pulled into the driveway of his childhood home. He’d been asked to arrive as early as possible since his parents were having a few out of town guests over for a barbeque. Judging from the cars parked along the street and in the driveway, he was a little late. Reaching into his trunk for his bags, he looked up upon hearing the front door open.

“Jason!” his little sister, Katrina, squealed, running down the steps to his side, and wrapping an arm around his waist. At twenty she wasn’t so little any more, but at only 5’5” she was still what he teasingly called the ‘runt’ of the family.

“Hey, runt,” he said with a grin. “Everyone else already here?”

“Mostly,” she answered, squeezing him. “Aunt Judy and Uncle Manny are here… so are the Johansons, Nana and Papa Sedor, and Grandma Lewis. Uncle Neil and his new girlfriend are supposed to arrive soon. Oh, and Liz’s mom, Emma, is here too.”

“Are Corey and Pierre coming?” Jason tried to sound nonchalant, but he wasn’t sure how well he succeeded.

“No,” she answered, walking beside him to the front door. “Drew said they aren’t getting into town until later. He and Liz are meeting them for dinner.”

Jason wasn’t sure if he was happy with the news or not. He wasn’t really looking forward to a reunion, but he wanted to get the meeting over and done with… with as few spectators as possible.

He stepped into the house to the sound of laughter coming from the kitchen. Putting down his bags, and hanging up his tuxedo, he let his sister pull him towards the back of the house. Standing around the island were his brother’s fiancée, both moms, his aunt Judy, and his grandmothers. They were cutting up vegetables and fruit, giggling about something. His mother looked up when he entered the room, and a wide smile brightened her face.

“Jason!” She put down her knife and rounded the corner, arms open for a hug. “You finally made it.”

After giving everyone a hug, he leaned against the fridge, taking in the scene. It was impressive how easily Liz fit with his family. Drew made a great choice in his bride. When the women started discussing lingerie, and garter belts he beat a hasty retreat outside where the rest of the men were drinking and manning the grill.

“Son.” His father raised his drink in greeting. “Glad you finally made it.”

“Thanks, Dad,” he said, sitting in a lawn chair near the pool. Drew was sitting by the cooler, and handed him a beer. After a few pleasantries, he allowed himself to lean back in the chair and relax in the warm sunshine.

“You look good, Jase. I guess the change in location agrees with you?” Drew tapped his knee with his bottle.

“I heard you moved to Kingston,” Glen Sanderson, a long-time family friend, said. “How do you like it?”

“It’s only been a couple of weeks,” he answered, taking a sip of his drink. The cold liquid felt good going down. “But so far it’s been great. The staff is experienced, and the firm found me a two bedroom in a pretty nice area of town.”

“It must move at a snail’s pace next to downtown Toronto?” His uncle Manny smirked. Jason’s love of the city life had never been a secret in his family.

Jason chuckled. “It does, but the work is interesting, and I’m enjoying running my own office.”

The questioning stopped temporarily when his uncle Neil arrived, and his father announced the food was ready. Although the barbecue was delicious, and Jason enjoyed visiting with the family, the comments about living in Kingston were starting to wear on his nerves. When Drew and Liz said their goodbyes so they could meet up with Corey and Pierre, Jason also made his escape, claiming he wanted to go for a run to stretch his legs. He loved his family… but there was such a thing as too much reminiscing.

 

The next morning he woke to the smell of bacon and coffee. Throwing on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, he left his bedroom and stumbled to the bathroom. When he finally made it to the kitchen, the smell of breakfast had his stomach rumbling.

“Good morning, baby.” His mom grinned at him as she placed more bacon on some paper towel to drain.

“Mornin’, Mom,” he mumbled, grabbing a mug and sitting beside his father at the table. The older Sedor looked up from his plate with a smile.

“Sleep well?” he asked.

Jason yawned and reached under his shirt to scratch his belly. “Yeah. I forget how well I sleep in that bed.”

With a chuckle, his dad returned to the feast in front of him. When his mother placed the plate of bacon on the table, he heard someone come into the room.

“Good morning, family,” a sickeningly cheerful Andrew said, giving their mother a kiss on the cheek.

“Where’s the fiancée?” Jason bumped his brother’s shoulder, reaching for the eggs.

“She left early to go have breakfast with her mom, and drop off her bags at the hotel,” the younger blonde said, popping a piece of bacon into his mouth. “Apparently, after our meeting with the hotel manager, I’m not allowed to see her at all until the ceremony.”

Snickering, their mother sat beside her husband. “Well, that is the tradition.”

The family settled in to one of Ruth Sedor’s delicious breakfasts. As always, there was an enormous amount of food for the mountainous Sedor men. It didn’t take long for them to lay waste to a pound of bacon, a dozen scrambled eggs, toast and a few stacks of waffles.

 

Later that afternoon, Drew found Jason sitting out on one of the lounge chairs, drying off after a dip in the pool.

“Hey, Jase,” his little brother flopped onto a chair next to him. “You ready for tonight?”

Jason grinned, adjusting his sunglasses. “Oh yeah. It’s been a while since I had a night out.”

Drew gave him a funny look. “How are you enjoying Kingston?” he asked finally.

“It’s been great, so far. The office is slowly coming together.”

“I have something I need to tell you,” the younger Sedor said, biting his lip.

“Uh oh, what did you do?” Jason grinned at him, but the smile slipped when Drew didn’t smile back. “What’s going on, Drew?”

“I never told you this before because I wasn’t sure how serious you were about moving…,” his sibling spoke in a rush.

“Whoa, slow down.” Jason sat up and swung his legs to the patio stones, facing his brother. “What has you so worked up? Is this about Liz?”

“What?” The other man looked up, startled. “No, not about her. Ummm.” He stared at the water sparkling in the pool, before taking a deep breath. “Corey’s lived in Kingston for the last three years.”

“What?” Jason was shocked. Sure, Drew had stopped talking to him about his friends since that summer, but why wouldn’t he have mentioned this. “Why didn’t you say anything before?”

Drew sighed, his guilty gaze meeting Jason’s. “Like I said… I didn’t know how serious you were about moving. I was sure you’d change your mind, and stay in Toronto.”

Jason groaned and lay back against the chair again. “Jesus, Drew. You should have told me. What if we’d run into each other?”

His brother exhaled loudly. “Yeah, I know. This has been driving me crazy.”

“Does Corey know?”

“No.” His younger brother’s guilty expression returned. “I didn’t want to tell him.”

Jason grimaced. “Why would you think I would change my mind about relocating?”

“You loved your life in Toronto.” Drew looked him in the eye, his concern was easy to read. “Well, you seemed to until last year.”

“Look,” he said with a sigh, closing his eyes. “Something did happen, but I don’t really want to talk about it, ok?” He could hear the plea in his own voice.

Without looking he knew Drew was watching him. “Ok.” The younger Sedor finally spoke. “Promise you’ll tell me some day?”

“Maybe someday.” It was the only promise he could make.

 

That evening, Jason was trying to haul his drunk, not so little brother back into the limo when he looked up and saw a familiar set of bright green eyes. Those surprised eyes met his before anger clouded them. His chest tightened in disappointment, realizing that Corey still hadn’t forgiven him for what had happened with Pierre.

The ride to the bar was awkward, to say the least. Corey spent a good part of the night avoiding him. Although each movement was subtle, Jason took the snub for what it was. Not wanting to cause a scene by pushing, he gave the brunette his space. Early in the evening, he did get the opportunity to exchange a few pleasantries with Pierre, and found the man to be far less hostile than his friend. The redhead wasn’t exactly friendly, but Jason didn’t feel the need to protect his balls around him. It was a start.

After midnight they were at a strip club his brother’s friends dragged them to, when Pierre excused himself from the table. In a spur of the moment decision, Jason decided to follow the redhead. He knew it wouldn’t make what he did go away, but he wanted to apologize to the younger man for his behaviour while they were dating. It wasn’t going to be a comfortable conversation, but lately the urge to make some sort of amends had been getting stronger.

He followed the other man to the restrooms and waited outside, leaning against the wall. When Pierre came out his eyes widened in surprise. “Jason,” he said, sounding wary. “What are you doing out here?”

“I wanted to talk to you. Can we go somewhere?” He looked towards the front door. “Outside maybe?” The other man eyed him suspiciously for a moment. “Please?” After staring at him for a long minute, the redhead slowly nodded.

“Ok… outside.”

Leading the way, he looked around and spotted a quiet area near the limo. Jason sat on a wooden fence that surrounded the property, inviting Pierre to join him. The redhead sat gingerly, and turned his grey-eyed gaze on him.

“So? What did you want to talk about?”

Jason took a deep breath, trying to gather his thoughts… and his courage. “I’m sorry,” he finally said in a rush, turning away from Pierre.

“Excuse me?”

The big man turned to Pierre again. “I said I was sorry.” He looked directly into the smaller man’s eyes, and tried to convey his sincerity. “I’m very sorry for how much of a prick I was to you when we were dating. I was a real jerk.”

“Yes, you were.” Pierre agreed… his expression serious. “I was in love with you, you know?” Seeing those grey eyes turn glassy with unshed tears, Jason again regretted the hurt he’d caused. Pierre was always a sweet guy, and he’s been a bastard to take advantage of the inexperienced boy’s kind and trusting nature.

“I know,” he said quietly. “We never should have gotten involved. I knew I wasn’t looking for anything serious… and I knew that you were.”

“Why did you ask me out then?” The other man’s tone had hardened.

Jason shrugged. “I was a horny 20 year old. You were cute and available. I knew you’d never sleep with me if we weren’t dating… so….” He felt like an asshole for his admission, but it was the simple truth.

“Wow.” Pierre sounded angry. “You’re a bigger pig than I thought. Did you ever care about me at all?”

Jason rubbed the heels of his hands over his eyes. “I always thought you were a nice guy, Pierre.”

“But you never really cared about me… as your boyfriend.” It wasn’t a question.

“No,” he finally admitted, reluctantly. The conversation wasn’t going well, but Jason resolved to stay put and take his lumps. Pierre deserved that much for what he’d done to him. “I didn’t really care about much besides getting laid back then.”

“I never expected you to actually admit that.” Pierre’s laugh had no humour in it.

“I don’t want to lie to you.”

“What makes now any different than when we were dating?” Pierre muttered. Ouch… that hurt.

Jason took a chance and reached out, taking Pierre’s hand in his. “Pierre, I wasn’t ready for a serious relationship, and I was a total shit for stringing you along, and making you believe I was committing to you. I know I took advantage of your feelings for me, and for that I am truly sorry.”

Pierre stared at him, mouth open in shock. He blinked back tears, and turned away. “Why are you telling me this now?” the redhead said quietly, still facing the parking lot.

“I….” Jason didn’t know what to say.

Pierre turned back. “I think you at least owe me that much.”

Jason felt panic knot in his stomach. He hadn’t told anyone what happened with Luc, and he wasn’t sure how to begin.

“Someone hurt you, didn’t they?”

Jason met smaller man’s curious gaze. How did he know? Was he that easy to read? Pierre smiled sadly… squeezing the hand Jason still held.

“I can see the pain in your eyes. What was his name?”

The blonde stayed silent for several minutes before finally answering. “His name is Luc Trudel. He owns a restaurant in Toronto.”

“It’s been rough on you, hasn’t it?” Much to his surprise, Pierre actually sounded concerned.

Jason squirmed under the scrutiny. The direction the conversation was taking was more uncomfortable than Pierre’s earlier censure.

“You don’t have to say anything,” Pierre said quietly, squeezing his hand again. “I can see how much this affected you.”

Jason smiled at the other man, relieved. “Thank you.”

“Jason.” The redhead’s voice was strong, but low. “What you did was cruel, but I moved on a long time ago. I met a wonderful man, who I’ve been with for almost four years. I can see us marrying someday.”

“That’s wonderful, Pierre.” Relief made Jason’s guilt ease, knowing Pierre was happy now.

The other man chuckled. “Did you seriously think I would still be pining over you after eight years, Jason? You weren’t that great.” Pierre teased.

The big blonde laughed. “I guess I deserved that.”

“You did,” Pierre agreed. “But seriously… although I did get over you, and I’ve moved on with my life, I’m grateful to you for giving me some closure. I think I suspected you were using me….”

“I’m sorry….”

Pierre waved away his apology. “I know you are. I want to thank you for that too.” The smaller man leaned forward slightly, looking him directly in the eyes. “I forgive you, Jason. We may never be friends, and we may never see each other again after tonight, but I forgive you.”

Jason’s breath hitched. He’d hoped his ex-boyfriend would give him a chance to apologize, but forgiveness wasn’t something he allowed himself to hope for. “Thank you, Pierre.” His voice was rough with emotion. “I don’t deserve it, but thank you.” He reached out, and pulled the other man into a hug. “I hope I hear from Drew that he’s been invited to your wedding someday,” he whispered. After a moment’s hesitation he felt arms move around his back, returning the hug.

“I…”

“What the fuck is going on here?” The sound of Corey’s angry voice startled both men. “Get the fuck away from him. He has a boyfriend, you jackass.” Corey pulled Jason away from his smaller friend, making the blonde have to grab the wooden fence before he fell backwards.

“Cor….” Pierre grabbed Corey’s arm, making him turn. “It’s not what it looks like.”

If possible, Corey looked even angrier. He pointed an accusing finger at Jason. “He can’t be trusted, Pierre. You of all people should know that.”

Regret and sadness threatened to swamp the older man. There was no way Corey was ever going to forgive him. There was too much resentment there. Knowing what Corey’s father was like, the reaction didn’t surprise Jason.

“Corey, please listen to me….” Pierre’s breathe hitched.

Not wanting to anger the brunette any further, Jason decided to go back inside. “I’ll leave you two alone to talk.”

“Yes, leave…” Corey’s parting shot made Jason pause for a moment before continuing to the bar. His brother was currently sprawled on the upholstered bench seat, laughing at something one of his friends had said. Drew was going to be a wreck tomorrow. Maybe it was time to get him home to sleep it off? The other men protested half-heartedly, but finally agreed it was time to get Drew into bed so he would be in shape for the ceremony. Jason had just gotten Drew standing when Corey and Pierre walked back through the door. Hitching his brother up against his side, he wondered what was going to happen when Corey realized they were living in the same town again. They’d somehow managed to avoid running into each other, but sooner or later they were going to cross paths. With a sigh, Jason led his brother to the exit. “Come on, Bro… time to get you home.”

Thank you and a big :hug: to my amazing editor, Gary, and thank you to everyone who reads and supports this story.  
Copyright © 2016 LitLover; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 67
  • Love 4
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



At least Corey might listen to Pierre. And Pierre had the goodness to forgive Jason. Corey's feelings are certainly obvious, but perhaps Jason's are genuine, too. For now, it seems that Jason will have to concentrate on supporting Drew, as he ought to, as he must. I very much enjoyed this chapter, and hope for more, soon.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

That scene was rough to view through Jason's eyes. You have to admire Jason's courage in apologizing to Pierre- and honestly admit using him for the basest reason possible. Pierre didn't make it easy on him, nor should he have done so. Pierre's empathy caught on that Jason had received a taste of cheating from someone he loved.

 

The news from Drew about Corey living in Kingston also came as a shock to Jason. Now he will be concerned about running into him and generating another scene. If Corey wasn't blinded by his anger, he might have sensed that the jerk image he has of Jason would have ended in a fight rather than Jason merely leaving. This was an interesting change in perspective, but a little confusing at first until I realized we were seeing Jason's arrival from his point of view. I had expected the action would continue from where we left off.

Link to comment

It was good to see more of Jason's insights and point of view. I honestly was a bit surprised he and Corey live in the same town. Obviously they're going to run into each other at some point.

 

It does seem like Jason's family doesn't seem to know him that well. Even Drew, though I guess perhaps that's a lasting repercussion of his cheating on Pierre? It just seems like all his relatives see him as the same kid who apparently had a very active night life. Drew keeps giving him crazy looks or comments when he says he doesn't go out at night. Perhaps I had the wrong impression but it seemed to me like he was growing out of that for awhile before Luc hurt him.

 

That makes me wonder though where the disconnect is, since his entire family couldn't possibly be holding him at arm's length just because of the Pierre situation. Is Jason just distant from his family?

 

Overall, while I enjoyed seeing Jason's point of view a bit more, I would have liked to have seen more forward motion of the story as opposed to just the same events from Jason's point of view.

Link to comment

This is a fascinating setup. I'm intrigued about how they will meet in Kingston, and I believe they will have to. Great job so far. I like seeing forgiveness even when trust has been violated. Especially when we're young, we trust too quickly, betray too easily, and forgive too slowly. I want more!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/11/2016 11:14 PM, Parker Owens said:

At least Corey might listen to Pierre. And Pierre had the goodness to forgive Jason. Corey's feelings are certainly obvious, but perhaps Jason's are genuine, too. For now, it seems that Jason will have to concentrate on supporting Drew, as he ought to, as he must. I very much enjoyed this chapter, and hope for more, soon.

Yes, right now, after getting the apology off of his chest, Jason's priority is his brother and not adding any drama to the wedding.

I'm very pleased you enjoyed the chapter. The conversation with Pierre was a tough conversation to be in Jason's head for.

Thank you for your review and your support, Parker. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 12:47 AM, drpaladin said:

That scene was rough to view through Jason's eyes. You have to admire Jason's courage in apologizing to Pierre- and honestly admit using him for the basest reason possible. Pierre didn't make it easy on him, nor should he have done so. Pierre's empathy caught on that Jason had received a taste of cheating from someone he loved.

 

The news from Drew about Corey living in Kingston also came as a shock to Jason. Now he will be concerned about running into him and generating another scene. If Corey wasn't blinded by his anger, he might have sensed that the jerk image he has of Jason would have ended in a fight rather than Jason merely leaving. This was an interesting change in perspective, but a little confusing at first until I realized we were seeing Jason's arrival from his point of view. I had expected the action would continue from where we left off.

Jason did try to be as honest as he could be, even though he knew it could make him look worse in Pierre's eyes. Pierre is a perceptive man, and he is a good person, so seeing anyone suffer would bother him, even if that person did hurt him in the past. I think the years that have passed, and being in a happy and committed relationship also helped him to empathize.

I'm sorry about the confusion with the chapter. I maybe should have set it up as a flashback, so the reader knows immediately that it's going back to Jason's arrival in town? I'll have to think about re-writing that part perhaps.

Thank you for your review and your support, Dr.P. :)

Link to comment

Jason and Pierre's meeting went far better than I'd have guessed. I'm wondering now if Pierre's forgiveness will modify Corey's response when they DO finally meet.
In the meantime, watching a hung-over groom should prove interesting?
A damn fine chapter, full of solid dialogue, and realistic emotion. You've done well! Now, about that next chapter's release date---tomorrow, right? (Grin)

Link to comment

It was good to get Jason's view on this. Now, at least we know where he and Corey see themselves in the situation.
What I liked is that Jason stepped up. No one had to know he was hurt by Luc. He could have let this play out very differently. But he manned up and apologized to Pierre. Not that Pierre needed it like he said, but it showed Jason's growth I think.
Interesting now that he knows Corey is also living in Kingston. I'm glad that he's not making it about him by forcing the issue at his brother's wedding, but after, I wonder if he'll wait for them to run into each other, or you know, that Fate person might pay a visit.... Lol
Nice chapter Lit..

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 01:36 AM, spikey582 said:

It was good to see more of Jason's insights and point of view. I honestly was a bit surprised he and Corey live in the same town. Obviously they're going to run into each other at some point.

 

It does seem like Jason's family doesn't seem to know him that well. Even Drew, though I guess perhaps that's a lasting repercussion of his cheating on Pierre? It just seems like all his relatives see him as the same kid who apparently had a very active night life. Drew keeps giving him crazy looks or comments when he says he doesn't go out at night. Perhaps I had the wrong impression but it seemed to me like he was growing out of that for awhile before Luc hurt him.

 

That makes me wonder though where the disconnect is, since his entire family couldn't possibly be holding him at arm's length just because of the Pierre situation. Is Jason just distant from his family?

 

Overall, while I enjoyed seeing Jason's point of view a bit more, I would have liked to have seen more forward motion of the story as opposed to just the same events from Jason's point of view.

You have to remember, at the time of the wedding, Corey and Jason have only been living in the same town for a few weeks, and Jason is very busy starting up a new office. They haven't had a chance to run into each other yet. That's why Jason said to Drew it would have been awkward if they ran into each other with neither of them expecting it.

 

With regard to the disconnect... for years Jason enjoyed the bar-hopping 'hook-up' life, and his family knew that. He enjoyed that life up to meeting Luc. Luc was the first person he ever tried to settle down with and commit to. He hasn't told anyone what happened with Luc, because of his embarrassment, so as far as his family knows, he's still in that life. His parents and brother know something happened that changed him, but he won't tell them exactly what. Maybe in time he'll confide in Drew or his parents, but I doubt he'll ever tell his extended family.

 

I know this chapter didn't move the story along, and I apologize for that, but I felt like it was important for the reader to see what happened over those two days from Jason's point of view, especially his apology to Pierre. There shouldn't be any more chapters where we go over the same days, except through a few short flashbacks here and there.

 

Thank you for review and your support, spikey :)

Link to comment

Soo....I don't like Jason any better now than I did before. Sounds to me like if Luc wouldn't have treated him like shit, he still wouldn't care if he hurt Pierre or not. That doesn't say anything positive about his character. He didn't grow up...he just got used also. Admitting to something ONLY because it happened to him tells me he's still pretty self centered. I agree with Corey not to trust him.

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 01:42 AM, Cole Matthews said:

This is a fascinating setup. I'm intrigued about how they will meet in Kingston, and I believe they will have to. Great job so far. I like seeing forgiveness even when trust has been violated. Especially when we're young, we trust too quickly, betray too easily, and forgive too slowly. I want more!!!

It's true, they will have to meet in Kingston at some point. It's a relatively small city, so it's bound to happen. It should be an interesting first meeting.

 

I've always been a firm believer that forgiveness is, ultimately, for the benefit of the person doing the forgiving. They can forgive, let it go and move on with their lives. That's what Pierre did. His forgiveness may have made Jason feel good, but even if it didn't, it freed Pierre even more than he already was.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Cole. :)

Link to comment

I think it was important we got Jason's point of view. It let us see who he is now, not who he was eight years ago. It's been a slow evolution, but the man has evolved, and he's noble enough now, to take his lumps. His brutal honesty to Pierre was another part of his evolution. He's looking that old Jason square in the face, and accepting he doesn't much care for him. It takes a lot of soul searching before we human's can do something like that... admit we were despicable, and say it out loud to the one we injured the most. I thought this was extremely well done... and lets us too, let go of some of our disgust for Jason. He's not that callous kid any longer. Great job, my friend... cheers... Gary...

Link to comment

I don't think we should be so hard on Jason. He's lived his life, actually being careful not to lead anyone on after what happened with Pierre. Nothing wrong with that. Of course he has grown, since he was changing and wanted to have a serious relationship. Unfortunately, he and Luc weren't on the same page.

 

To me, his apology was not about thinking Pierre was pining for him or only brought on by his own recent hurt. He knew he would meet them and must have thought about it for some time, preparing what to say. To not acknowledge what has happened would have been strange.

 

For his own sake, I feel Corey needs to think about his reaction to all this. To be so angry after all those years, when Pierre has so obviously moved on a long time ago... That is something he should deal with.

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 03:10 AM, Robert Rex said:

Jason and Pierre's meeting went far better than I'd have guessed. I'm wondering now if Pierre's forgiveness will modify Corey's response when they DO finally meet.

In the meantime, watching a hung-over groom should prove interesting?

A damn fine chapter, full of solid dialogue, and realistic emotion. You've done well! Now, about that next chapter's release date---tomorrow, right? (Grin)

I think the conversation with Pierre went better that Jason expected too, lol. I did try to make the apology (and Pierre's reaction) as realistic as I could. I'm very happy that it came across that way to you.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Robert. :) My apologies in advance for waiting a week to post the next chapter ;)

Link to comment

I really like how you alternate between Corey's and Jason's POVs! :D I especially like Jason's because they have me so interested; seeing him go from someone with no regrets to a person remorseful about his past mistakes. :)

 

I also liked how we got to see him apologize to Perri. Yeah it was hard, like it should be, but in the end Perri forgave him. And why shouldn't he? T hold onto a grudge years after he has found happiness with another man wouldn't make sense. And it really shows what a kind soul Pierre is, willing to forgive those who wronged him. He's such a sweetie! :D
Granted, he and Jason will probably never be friends, but I no longer think things will be all that awkward between the two now.

 

Thank you Lit for another awesome chapter! :kiss:

Link to comment

While I like that you're alternating POVs, it took me most of the chapter to orient the action chronologically with the last one. You might consider some cues (e.g. providing dates/times for the chapters) to indicate when a time period is being repeated.

 

That said, I am really enjoying the story and character development. Looking forward to the next installment. :)

Link to comment

I liked seeing this from Jason's POV. It gave us a bit of an insight into who he was and who he has become. It can not have been fun for either him or Pierre.
From the earlier chapters it seemed clear to me that Jason has moved on from his party life but he didn't really tell that to Luc. Now we find out that the family know that "something" happened but not what. Jason is not good with the communication thing.
Trying to look after Drew's wedding I hope Corey behaves himself. Why do people make big announcements, have fights or dump people at events like these?
Will Corey realize that the reason he hates Jason so much is because of his father? Pierre picked himself up and moved on, unfortunately Corey's mother has not.

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 03:20 AM, Defiance19 said:

It was good to get Jason's view on this. Now, at least we know where he and Corey see themselves in the situation.

What I liked is that Jason stepped up. No one had to know he was hurt by Luc. He could have let this play out very differently. But he manned up and apologized to Pierre. Not that Pierre needed it like he said, but it showed Jason's growth I think.

Interesting now that he knows Corey is also living in Kingston. I'm glad that he's not making it about him by forcing the issue at his brother's wedding, but after, I wonder if he'll wait for them to run into each other, or you know, that Fate person might pay a visit.... Lol

Nice chapter Lit..

Jason has been thinking about what happened with Pierre for a while. It's been almost a year since Luc, and a few months since he knew about the wedding, so he's had a lot of time to think.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Def. :hug:

Link to comment

In my poor befuddled state, migraine meds, I didn't at first realize that you have given us Jason's perspective of things from the past chapter. I think it was an excellent choice I was just slow on the uptake. I like this story. Sorry if my review is a bit off, I'm still not up to par but wanted to leave you a note of support.

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 04:03 AM, jaysalmn said:

Soo....I don't like Jason any better now than I did before. Sounds to me like if Luc wouldn't have treated him like shit, he still wouldn't care if he hurt Pierre or not. That doesn't say anything positive about his character. He didn't grow up...he just got used also. Admitting to something ONLY because it happened to him tells me he's still pretty self centered. I agree with Corey not to trust him.

Many young men that I've known (not all, but many of them) are self-centred creatures, and have made thoughtless and hurtful choices. The fact that Jason was hurt and can now realize a little of what he inflicted on Pierre, to me, is a sign of growth and maturity on his part. Whether or not you believe he now realizes what he did, and has learned from it, is a different story.

 

Thank you for your review and continuing to give the story a chance, jay. :)

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 04:35 AM, Headstall said:

I think it was important we got Jason's point of view. It let us see who he is now, not who he was eight years ago. It's been a slow evolution, but the man has evolved, and he's noble enough now, to take his lumps. His brutal honesty to Pierre was another part of his evolution. He's looking that old Jason square in the face, and accepting he doesn't much care for him. It takes a lot of soul searching before we human's can do something like that... admit we were despicable, and say it out loud to the one we injured the most. I thought this was extremely well done... and lets us too, let go of some of our disgust for Jason. He's not that callous kid any longer. Great job, my friend... cheers... Gary...

I think we, as human beings, are capable of change. How and why we change varies from person to person. I felt that it was very important for people to not only know that Jason apologized, but to hear what he said as well. I think what happened with Luc was the kick he needed to realize how much his actions hurt Pierre. I'm happy that this chapter allowed you to recognize the changes in his character.

 

Thank you for another wonderful review, and all of your support, Gary. :hug:

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 04:43 AM, Puppilull said:

I don't think we should be so hard on Jason. He's lived his life, actually being careful not to lead anyone on after what happened with Pierre. Nothing wrong with that. Of course he has grown, since he was changing and wanted to have a serious relationship. Unfortunately, he and Luc weren't on the same page.

 

To me, his apology was not about thinking Pierre was pining for him or only brought on by his own recent hurt. He knew he would meet them and must have thought about it for some time, preparing what to say. To not acknowledge what has happened would have been strange.

 

For his own sake, I feel Corey needs to think about his reaction to all this. To be so angry after all those years, when Pierre has so obviously moved on a long time ago... That is something he should deal with.

I agree, Corey needs to examine in himself, why he's so angry with Jason. Yes, he was upset that his friend was hurt, but eight years is a long time to be that angry. Whether he will examine this on his own, or need someone to point it out to him only time will tell.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, Puppi :)

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 12:33 PM, Drew Espinosa said:

I really like how you alternate between Corey's and Jason's POVs! :D I especially like Jason's because they have me so interested; seeing him go from someone with no regrets to a person remorseful about his past mistakes. :)

 

I also liked how we got to see him apologize to Perri. Yeah it was hard, like it should be, but in the end Perri forgave him. And why shouldn't he? T hold onto a grudge years after he has found happiness with another man wouldn't make sense. And it really shows what a kind soul Pierre is, willing to forgive those who wronged him. He's such a sweetie! :D

Granted, he and Jason will probably never be friends, but I no longer think things will be all that awkward between the two now.

 

Thank you Lit for another awesome chapter! :kiss:

As I said in my response to Cole's review, to me, the act of forgiveness is more for important for the person doing the forgiving. This conversation allowed Pierre to truly let that part of his life go and continue on with his life. And yes, Pierre is a kind soul.

 

Thank you for another insightful review and your support, Drew. :hug:

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 02:56 PM, impunity said:

While I like that you're alternating POVs, it took me most of the chapter to orient the action chronologically with the last one. You might consider some cues (e.g. providing dates/times for the chapters) to indicate when a time period is being repeated.

 

That said, I am really enjoying the story and character development. Looking forward to the next installment. :)

I apologize for the confusion this chapter has caused. I'm going to go back and put some sort of chapter note so readers know that we're going over the same time period as Chapter 3. Hopefully that will clear up the confusion.

 

I'm flattered you're enjoying the story so far and hope you stick around :)

Link to comment
On 05/12/2016 05:59 PM, Bucket1 said:

I liked seeing this from Jason's POV. It gave us a bit of an insight into who he was and who he has become. It can not have been fun for either him or Pierre.

From the earlier chapters it seemed clear to me that Jason has moved on from his party life but he didn't really tell that to Luc. Now we find out that the family know that "something" happened but not what. Jason is not good with the communication thing.

Trying to look after Drew's wedding I hope Corey behaves himself. Why do people make big announcements, have fights or dump people at events like these?

Will Corey realize that the reason he hates Jason so much is because of his father? Pierre picked himself up and moved on, unfortunately Corey's mother has not.

Communication doesn't seem to be Jason's strong suit does it? I think that's a lesson he might still be working on. Even if he was better with communication though, I'm not sure how much he would have told his family about what happened with Luc. It would have been humiliating for him, so sharing would have been tough.

 

Thank you for your review and your support, B. :hug:

Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..