Jump to content
    Thorn Wilde
    • Author
  • 132 Words
  • 395 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Thorny Poetry - 28. Words

When I returned to GA after being gone for two years, I found that other people had left while I was gone. I don't know why or where they went, or if they'll ever come back again. This poem is for one of them; a beautiful soul who wrote me love poems, and whom I sorely miss.

you wrote for me

words

so many beautiful

words

 

and i

rewarded you by vanishing

i did not mean to go

to throw your love

back in your face

i just

couldn’t stay

 

and it wasn’t your fault

it wasn’t your

words

your many beautiful

words

 

it was all my own fragility

 

i vanished

hid away in shame

because i couldn’t find my

words

they wouldn’t come to me

and so i fled

and i left you behind

 

now that i’ve returned

you are gone

and i don’t know where you went

you took all your

words

with you

 

all but the ones i have, the

words

you wrote for me

 

so now i look at them

i read your

words

and remember

Copyright © 2014 - 2020 Thorn Wilde; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..