2017 Spring Anthology: Jagged Edges / Unintended Consequences ~ Discus

I replied to the discussion day saying I hoped to take part. I'd just started another prompt response. When I went back to it, I realised that it had the potential to be the anthology entry ... :rolleyes: So, I'm running with it for the moment. I'll submit a portion of it to my editor and see what he thinks. But, hopefully, I'm on my way.  :P

• Like 5

I have an awful sinking feeling that the story I am currently 21k into is going to end up being way too long, which means I will need to start working on other anthology ideas.

If all goes well, Anubis and friends will certainly be making an appearance.

• Like 5

I have a couple of ideas, but I'm reluctant to commit just yet... at some point, I may need a break :)  ... who am I kidding :unsure:

Breaks can be good. Just don't push it maybe. Let the ideas sit and stew a while

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I replied to the discussion day saying I hoped to take part. I'd just started another prompt response. When I went back to it, I realised that it had the potential to be the anthology entry ... :rolleyes: So, I'm running with it for the moment. I'll submit a portion of it to my editor and see what he thinks. But, hopefully, I'm on my way.   :P

My editor has just sent me a critique on this which agrees with thoughts I've been having. Namely, it has potential to be much more than an anthology story. I'd had the feeling that I'd been shortchanging the story by trying to compress it into an anthology entry and he confirmed it. So, no anthology entry this time. Just another chaptered story to go with the one I'm already writing ... :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'm trying. Honest I yam. 

If I can get it done, it ought to be pretty different.

:D  I like your writing, so I hope you git 'er done. ;)  

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I think I'm back in. A Last Post Wins screenplay sort of thing. It's based on the storyline from my first poem The bard's pursuit which appeared in my blog. Like Tim, no promises at the moment but I'm hopeful.

• Like 3

I'm at 7,000+ words, so I'll definitely have an entry. It's been sent off for the first beta reading, but I think I'll need to add another 2-3,000 words. 

Oh, and I hope there is someone on the Anthology team who hasn't read the first two A.I. stories, because I may need someone to tell me if this one works as a stand alone.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I know what I said about writing anthology stories, but it's this time of the year and I feel this urge. The fourth part of Sparkle wants to be written. Never missed an anthology since I started.

• Like 4

I think I'm back in. A Last Post Wins screenplay sort of thing. It's based on the storyline from my first poem The bard's pursuit which appeared in my blog. Like Tim, no promises at the moment but I'm hopeful.

Now at 8.5 k words and my editor has found it 'entertaining' and he's 'looking forward to more' (hmm ...  ;) ) so hopefully, I'll be there.

• Like 3
  • Site Administrator

I'm hoping to have at least two.  I have one about halfway finished using "Jagged Edges" and I'd like to continue my Treehaven Woods story using the "Unintended Consequences" theme.  :)  

• Like 2