Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Merry Christmas CJ

• Site Administrator

A few weeks ago, an idea sprung forth in one of CJ's forums, and I kind of ran with it. The result was a early Christmas present for CJ :D .

After 'giving' the present to CJ he suggested that I post it here as well. So that's what I've done. So here is CJ's Christmas present for the entire Herd of Capricans to enjoy. Hopefully you like it as much as I did creating it.

Steve B)

Just Kidding

An unusual cool breeze was blowing from the South today, a bit of salt in the air which meant that the winds off the Victorian coast by Melbourne must be strong. Not often did the coastal breezes make it far enough in land to the town of Tooboroc. But the wind was the least of the worries of a farmer who had a goat in labour for the last six hours.

Usually a nanny in labour was only an hour or so, at most a two hour event. But this poor mother was having a struggle with getting the unborn kidd to come into the world. The farmer contemplated ringing up the vet after the second hour, and once again in the third hour. Unfortunately the vet was in Melbourne at some conference and he only received voice mail. All the farmer could do was to make the mother comfortable and be ready for the kidd when it finally arrived, still born or not. What concerned the farmer even more was that this goat was about a month overdue from the usual gestational period of goats.

Finally after a sudden increase of bleating from the mother, the farmer noticed the rump of a kidd starting to make its way out. No wonder the mother was struggling so much, it was in breach. Realizing it was now or never, the farmer was able to manoeuvre a hand inside to grasp both of the hind legs and gently ease the kidd away from the mother. Finally with the head out, the farmer was amazed at the size of the goat being just born. Its black coat was still covered in afterbirth and the little bugger had horns already growing from his head.

The kid took its first breath and kicked and bolted into an upright position. Looking down at his mom still on the ground, he immediately went over and started nursing on one of her teats. The farmer was concerned about the condition of the mother, and pulled the kidd away and decided that bottle feeding would have to be the most appropriate way to save both of them. Sure, there would be ramifications later in life for this goat for not getting the opportunity to feed off his mother, but he was so well developed the farmer was sure he would survive without it.

After ensuring the mother was comfortable the farmer carried the kidd into the stable to clean him up. The farmer was amazed at the nearly half grown size of the goat. After washing him down he was shocked again. Since the farmer usually made his male kidds into wethers (castrated males) because they would have a better grade and quantity of meat, he was taken aback by not only the development, but also the size of this kidd

• Like 1

hehe,, That is a nice little story Steve!!

Nice of you to post it for all to read.

Happy Holidays CJ and to everyone whether your a caprican or part of the Herd.

edit: I corrected myself, I blame it on being awake since 3 am for work,, off to bed now before I say more stupid stuff ,lol

• Site Administrator
hehe,, That is a nice little story Graeme!!

Nice of you to post it for all to read.

Happy Holidays CJ and to everyone whether your a caprican or part of the Herd.

That's Steve's (wildone) story, not mine. I will admit that I was allowed a sneak peak, since my name appears in it, but I didn't write it. :)

• Site Administrator
The story had the feel of how those.. Superhero/Villain story-lines begin.

That begs the question ... which is CJ? Superhero or Villain? Or just a poor, misunderstood goat?

:o Other Steve!

You've been holding out on us!

Seriously, great lil diddy I enjoyed it immensely even if I didn't respond in a timely manner :*) Sorry Ive been under the weather and attacking finals. If I interpret the story correctly are you blaming me for setting CJ loose on the world? :blink:

• Site Administrator
If I interpret the story correctly are you blaming me for setting CJ loose on the world? :blink:

I believe you're right :2thumbs: Of course, some people would call it a mixed blessing. The goat does have his good points (and I'm not talking about his horns), even if you sometimes have to dig a bit to find them....

• Site Administrator
If I interpret the story correctly are you blaming me for setting CJ loose on the world? :blink:

I think you misinterpreted it ^_^ . The way I read it was you were faced with a choice of freeing CJ to the world or to make him somebody's dinner. You being the better human being showed compassion, understanding, and did the right thing instead of what may have been the popular thing :whistle: .

Either that, or revert back to Rule #1 of CJ's. You decide :D .

Steve B)

I think you misinterpreted it ^_^ . The way I read it was you were faced with a choice of freeing CJ to the world or to make him somebody's dinner. You being the better human being showed compassion, understanding, and did the right thing instead of what may have been the popular thing :whistle: .

Steve B)

Falling in league with the devil, and now you attempt to cover it by stroking my ego...

How very wise of you steve :P

It is a great little story. You should have held out on showing him though and sent it in as an anthology submission :lmao:

Good Job Other Steve ;)

Steve

I would say, a vengeful, misunderstood goat on a mission. :P

0:) Who? Me? 0:)

Merry christmas everyone

Merry Christmas, Rbenn!!

I believe you're right :2thumbs: Of course, some people would call it a mixed blessing. The goat does have his good points (and I'm not talking about his horns), even if you sometimes have to dig a bit to find them....

LoL! So you admit I have some good points? Like never using cliffhangers and being a lurker? :ph34r:

Steve B)

I vote for rule #1.. :devil:

Falling in league with the devil, and now you attempt to cover it by stroking my ego...

How very wise of you steve :P

It is a great little story. You should have held out on showing him though and sent it in as an anthology submission :lmao:

Good Job Other Steve ;)

Steve

:o Did you just imply that I'm the devil?!?!? Sorry, but there can only be one, and you're it. :P

0:) Who? Me? 0:)

Merry Christmas, Rbenn!!

LoL! So you admit I have some good points? Like never using cliffhangers and being a lurker? :ph34r:

I vote for rule #1.. :devil:

:o Did you just imply that I'm the devil?!?!? Sorry, but there can only be one, and you're it. :P

We'll see if the membership agrees with that statement in a few weeks.

We'll see if the membership agrees with that statement in a few weeks.

Aww, but Shadowgod, once they know your story, how can they doubt you? :)

Speaking of your story... It seems I'm not the only one with a story in his forum.

Here's a handy link.

0:)

• Site Administrator

My post clearly stated that I believe you have some good points. However, I didn't define what they are, and I will state for the record that I don't believe the two examples given qualify. After all, lying isn't a good point, and neither is being delusional....

• Site Administrator

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

I'm off for the next 3 days and probably won't have internet service over that time. I just wanted to wish everyone here at the GA Family a very Merry Christmas and hopefully Santa is good to you all.

Thank you everyone for your comments about the story. I'm glad it has maybe given you some insight into CJ and his motives. I'm also happy that it is spurring some discussion here as well.

For those of you who don't celebrate Christmas, please accept my well wishes at this time that some people like me try to focus on others for a few special days in the year. I hope everyone enjoys the final week of 2007, and live everyday to the fullest. When you look back on the past year, hopefully it is nothing but good memories.

Take care all :D:hug: .

Steve B)

My post clearly stated that I believe you have some good points. However, I didn't define what they are, and I will state for the record that I don't believe the two examples given qualify. After all, lying isn't a good point, and neither is being delusional....

Awww, Graeme, how can you doubt me so? 0:)

Well, you do have a set of horns.

I think I might need to sharpen them soon. :devil:

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!

I'm off for the next 3 days and probably won't have internet service over that time. I just wanted to wish everyone here at the GA Family a very Merry Christmas and hopefully Santa is good to you all.

Thank you everyone for your comments about the story. I'm glad it has maybe given you some insight into CJ and his motives. I'm also happy that it is spurring some discussion here as well.

For those of you who don't celebrate Christmas, please accept my well wishes at this time that some people like me try to focus on others for a few special days in the year. I hope everyone enjoys the final week of 2007, and live everyday to the fullest. When you look back on the past year, hopefully it is nothing but good memories.

Take care all :D:hug: .

Steve B)

Thanks Steve! HAve yourself a safe and happy Chrismas!

CJ

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..