Your perfect guy

AFriendlyFace

Since we've talked so much romance and dating recently, I thought it might be fun to get feedback on what everyone's 'perfect guy' (or girl) would be like.

I was about to add my thoughts, but my dinner's ready and we all know how long my posts are, so I'm going to go eat it before it gets cold and come back and add my thoughts later. But yeah, in the meantime what would your perfect mate be like?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The perfect guy would have to be, above all us, kind-hearted and understanding of my needs. He must be there through the good and the bad. He must also be easy on the eyes. He needs to be easy to talk with and have a keen mind. I want someone who can be my companion in life, my lover, and my best friend all wrapped in a sweet and handsome package. He also needs to be open minded in the bedroom, because I am always wanting to experiment with new things. He also needs to be flexible enough to leave town on the weekend at a moment's notice as I love to explore new territory. He needs to be romantic as well. He also needs to be honest and faithful. He also needs to be mindful of the fact that I like to write and be willing to give me the time and space to do so. He also needs to be passionate and possess a higher than average sex drive. I also want a cuddler. I think that about covers it. :wub:

The perfect guy would have to be, above all us, kind-hearted and understanding of my needs. He must be there through the good and the bad. He must also be easy on the eyes. He needs to be easy to talk with and have a keen mind. I want someone who can be my companion in life, my lover, and my best friend all wrapped in a sweet and handsome package. He also needs to be open minded in the bedroom, because I am always wanting to experiment with new things. He also needs to be flexible enough to leave town on the weekend at a moment's notice as I love to explore new territory. He needs to be romantic as well. He also needs to be honest and faithful. He also needs to be mindful of the fact that I like to write and be willing to give me the time and space to do so. He also needs to be passionate and possess a higher than average sex drive. I also want a cuddler. I think that about covers it. :wub:

:o ..........Tell me you didn't google search!! Just kidding, good luck! ;)

Mute 0:)

Heh - for anyone who is following the new Doctor Who - I thought it was extremely funny that in the last US broadcast episode "Forest of the Dead" - Donna finds a perfect man in a dream-state that she goes into - he's tall, handsome and has such a bad stutter that he barely ever speaks...

For myself - what I say now is a lot different than if I had answered the question 20 or even 10 years ago. Back then, instant attraction and sense of humor would have been the two leading traits. I dated a few... well, mental duds who just had cute faces/bodies... And it's satisfying for a bit, but not at all for long term.

Now - while sense of humor and attractiveness are still up there, warmth, caring, a strong mutual respect (ie, disagree with ideas, but respect the person), strong intellect, personal responsibility, etc are more the defining characteristics... And... as today is our third anniversary, I'd so glad I got what I wanted :-)

Hey, pussycat. You expect quite a lot and may be a long time waiting for Mr. Perfect.

The one thing that could make a difference is if you have all those qualities yourself. If you do, the line forms behind me.

Just kidding! :D Happy hunting, Tiger!

I would say that my perfect guy would be about my height or smaller. Very intelligent. Very kind. Great sense of humour. Independent but still affectionate. Spontaneous but practical. Honest but not "overly so". Cute. Very Caring. Optimistic and positive but also pragmatic. He would enjoy traveling. Artistic. Empathetic. Great sense of taste and style. He would adore me but not need me.

• Site Administrator

Someone who loves me. Someone who cares for me. Someone who is willing to put with my little (or not so little) idiosyncrasies.

After that level of basics, yes, I'd like someone who is easy on the eyes. Someone who has common interests. Someone who has time to spend with me, and someone who earns enough money so that between the two of us we're comfortably well off (I put the first part in because too many people who earn a lot of money do so by working ungodly long hours).

But the first paragraph is my basics. The rest are optional extras :D

I need someone intelligent, with a good sense of self and a good sense of humor. Attractive, sure, but really just thin and cleanshaven will do. I also need someone that isn't wiling to let me get away with being a bully. Not that they'd pick fights back at me, but able to tell me when I'm being a dick and to cut it back a tad without getting angry with me first. Oh, and also willing to settle down and raise kids at some point. If I can score that, I'd be set.

Though, granted, if the boy isn't fairly good looking, totally willing to just agree with what someone else tells him, and either White or Mexican, my family will never approve, so perhaps I should heighten my criterion.

Even though David isn't the perfect guy, I've attempted to answer this thread a few times and I've not really been able to do it.. lol. I mean it's difficult to say something that David doesn't fall under. So anyway, he does do things that annoy me, but they aren't massive. Like when he wears dress pants he pulls the legs up before he sits down, which is ok but he does it to where the bottom of his legs show.. they just seem to be up more than what other typical men do.. lol.. as a lot of men do that for some reason... He also bites his nails when his mother annoys him, I've never seen him bite his nails around me when we're alone, but when she's in the room being her chatty self usually either making fun of him or giving him pointers on how to treat me he starts biting his nails... haha.. I guess it's better than arguing with her. He also used to be a perfectionist, but being with me has actually stopped that stressful need that he has.. lol. I mean I even got him to play tackle football with me and the friends in the back yard when he had it in his mind that we would get all dressed up and go out... so that's a really good change in him.

So anyway, he may not be perfect, but he fits. :wub:

At this point in time, Mister Perfection is probably around my age and a whole lot fitter, but not so adamant about it. I hate exercise freaks who think you can be one too, though it would be nice to have someone to suggest slyly that a less sugary fat desserts and more, ugh, exercise, might be nice for our relationship. He is also compassionate; intelligent enough to know that Colombia is in South American, Columbus is a popular name for American cities and a big one is in Ohio, and the Columbia River starts in Canada; not so intelligent that he has to add side comments in French or talk endlessly about some 20th century poet no one except a few MFA candidates will ever know; and did I say slender? He definitely has to be slender. He doesn't have to be short, that would be a plus, though, but slender is good. Oh, and, he'd have to be willing to say, with all honesty, that that story isn't quite up to standards and needs a bit more work.

Of course, if he was just slender and maybe just a little shorter than me, we could work on all the other things. Love isn't finding Mister Perfect, it's being willing to accept the annoying little faults that destroy other relationships.

Carl :boy:

Well......at this point in my life I think my perfect guy would be someone that is fairly attractive, has a sense of humor, must have the capacity to maintain an intelligent conversaion, opened minded, someone who will act crazy with me, spontaneous, and perfer dark haired, men and I usually like my men taller than me which wouldnt take much(Im only 5ft. 7), and someone who has dork like tendecies like myself :P

P.S.

He has to like cuddling too

lol, oh well. I think perfection is an exaggeration, haha. I think we should strive to look for one who has minimal flaws, not total perfection - that'd be weird hehehe.

I think what I'm looking for in a guy is compassion, mutual connection, and understanding. The first guy I dated was rough, loud-mouthed, rude, and obnoxious. So what if he had the looks? I don't like guys who can't treat their dates well, lol. Appearance is usually secondary to me. Health wise, that person must know how to take care of himself. Good personality and trait are two very important aspects in a person I'm looking for in a relationship. Oh, and I loathe swearing, lol.

Edited by jovian_w2002

lol, oh well. I think perfection is an exaggeration, haha. I think we should strive to look for one who has minimal flaws, not total perfection - that'd be weird hehehe.

You shouldn't strive to be with someone with minimal flaws, but to be with someone with whose flaws you can live

I need someone intelligent, with a good sense of self and a good sense of humor. Attractive, sure, but really just thin and cleanshaven will do. I also need someone that isn't wiling to let me get away with being a bully. Not that they'd pick fights back at me, but able to tell me when I'm being a dick and to cut it back a tad without getting angry with me first. Oh, and also willing to settle down and raise kids at some point. If I can score that, I'd be set.

Though, granted, if the boy isn't fairly good looking, totally willing to just agree with what someone else tells him, and either White or Mexican, my family will never approve, so perhaps I should heighten my criterion.

I'm sure you'll find someone nifty, Gabe :);)

Even though David isn't the perfect guy, I've attempted to answer this thread a few times and I've not really been able to do it.. lol. I mean it's difficult to say something that David doesn't fall under. So anyway, he does do things that annoy me, but they aren't massive. Like when he wears dress pants he pulls the legs up before he sits down, which is ok but he does it to where the bottom of his legs show.. they just seem to be up more than what other typical men do.. lol.. as a lot of men do that for some reason... He also bites his nails when his mother annoys him, I've never seen him bite his nails around me when we're alone, but when she's in the room being her chatty self usually either making fun of him or giving him pointers on how to treat me he starts biting his nails... haha.. I guess it's better than arguing with her. He also used to be a perfectionist, but being with me has actually stopped that stressful need that he has.. lol. I mean I even got him to play tackle football with me and the friends in the back yard when he had it in his mind that we would get all dressed up and go out... so that's a really good change in him.

So anyway, he may not be perfect, but he fits. :wub:

Awww :wub:

I would hate the perfect guy. Perfection just pisses me off.

LOL, then for you the perfect guy wouldn't be perfect would he?

He would be the type of guy that everyone loves being around. He'd be outgoing and witty, but not in an obnoxious way. He would have a great sense of humor, and a way with words. He would be confident, but humble all the same. He would do really cute and creative things, not just for me, but for any of his friends. Ideally he would also be really attractive, but not necessarily in a classical way. He would be intriguing. Smoldering eyes and a disarming smile. He'd have the ability to make you feel like the most important and interesting person no matter who you were. I see him as having a good set of morals, but not in a prudish way. The type of guy that you would respect just because of how they present themselves and act with others. He'd be really curious and playful, and we'd be able to connect in a way that wouldn't have me wondering what I should say next but rather would make me suddenly realize that we'd been talking for five hours straight.

He would be the type of guy that everyone loves being around. He'd be outgoing and witty, but not in an obnoxious way. He would have a great sense of humor, and a way with words. He would be confident, but humble all the same. He would do really cute and creative things, not just for me, but for any of his friends. Ideally he would also be really attractive, but not necessarily in a classical way. He would be intriguing. Smoldering eyes and a disarming smile. He'd have the ability to make you feel like the most important and interesting person no matter who you were. I see him as having a good set of morals, but not in a prudish way. The type of guy that you would respect just because of how they present themselves and act with others. He'd be really curious and playful, and we'd be able to connect in a way that wouldn't have me wondering what I should say next but rather would make me suddenly realize that we'd been talking for five hours straight.

...would he happen to have a have a brother? :wub:

Intelligence is a necessary feature to my perfect man. What's attractive to me physically varies greatly so I'll simply say that he must be mildly attractive physically, though I'd prefer not supermodel level hotness. A little shyness is great. He must be affectionate and receptive to affection. Must be a good kisser, or at the very least, open to learning. He does not snore, but he can handle the fact that I move around a bit in my sleep. Sexually speaking, he must be versatile in the sense that he can and wants to both "top" and "bottom." He can be feisty at times, is often playful in the bedroom, and he's got to have a measure of compassion to him. The ability to form a logical line of argument is also much appreciated.

Physically, there\'s one thing above all. He should be tall. :lol: I think everyone can be hot in their own way. You just have to look at them in \"that\" way.

He should be intelligent. But not much than me. :unsure:

Like some said, he should have flaws with which I can live. Real perfection makes me shudder.

These are the main points. :D

Take care,

Ieshwar

Big (over 6'), shaggy blond hair. Should surf. Preferably Basque and must speak French and Occitan. Annoyingly environmentalist and must be able to solve partial differential equations in his head while he makes me breakfast.

If you find him, let me know.

Yak

(Luckily he doesn't read English well so I think I'm safe from you-know-who)

Don't know if you're all familiar with the series...

Anyhow, this thread made me think about a certain scene...

Smack The Pony

Enjoy :P

I like blue eyes, a bit muscled, for physical, and he must be able to get along with my Sis, and have sort of the same humor like my Sis and me... :P Not asking much am I? Oh, and he must accept the fact that I have issues :P

To grossly pervert the words of Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart in his concurring opinion in Jacobellis v. Ohio (1964)

I shall not today attempt to define the kinds of attributes I understand to be embraced within the shorthand description of "my perfect guy"; and perhaps I could never succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I'll know him when I meet him, and I haven't met him yet.