• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is a tad late, but I would of lost it if I waited till next year to post it.

while hunting for that Thanksgiving turkey...

Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 16:40:47 -0500

A hunter's close friend wanted to shoot his own turkey for Thanksgiving so the hunter agreed to take him into the woods to get his own Thanksgiving turkey. The hunter sits his friend in a large bush with a rifle and tells him "Sit absolutely still and don't move a muscle or make a sound until you see a turkey. Then shoot it and you will have your holiday dinner, it's that easy." Then the hunter leaves his friend to go find his own place to hide. Some time passes and suddenly the hunter hears "BANG". He goes running to his friend's hiding place but sees no turkey. "What happened?" the hunter asks. "There's no turkey." His friend replies: "A skunk walked by and sprayed me - I didn't move a muscle. A snake slithered by and bit me on the leg. I didn't even flinch. But when the two squirrels ran up my pants leg and said 'We'll eat one now and save the other one for dinner'................

sandrewn

(no argument from me on that one)

Edited by sandrewn
  • Like 2

From what I could find out the integral of 5sin (x) in the range of 0 to infinity (presuming a hot dog = x) does not converge to a specific answer but ranges between minus 5 and plus 5.

lol Since this is in the joke section I suspect there's something I'm not seeing.

• Site Moderator

From what I could find out the integral of 5sin (x) in the range of 0 to infinity (presuming a hot dog = x) does not converge to a specific answer but ranges between minus 5 and plus 5.

lol Since this is in the joke section I suspect there's something I'm not seeing.

I'm betting you did better than I did. All I see is  :blink:

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

It's the integral from 0 to infinity of 5sin(x)/x, which is different to the integral if 5sin(x). sin(x)/x is approximately 1 for low values of x, and is approximately 0 for large values of x, which is why I felt that the integral will be roughly 1. I'm not sure, though -- my integration calculus is very, very rusty...