Open Club  ·  281 members  ·  Free

Mark Arbour Fan Club

Coming Soon!

I don't care how long they are, Mark, so long as one is followed by another!

Bryan

Well, so far that's the way it's worked out. I'm laboring away on Bloodlines so there's no thoughts on a sequel there yet, but I have the sequel to Master and Commander in the works.

• 1 month later...

I've finished polishing the first chapter in the next Bridgemont Series. It's named after Granger's new ship: HMS Belvidera. It should be posted this weekend.

That's awesome! I've really been looking forward to it. It'll be interesting to see what happens with Caroline and what happens with Calvert in this one. I also wonder if George will run into his grandfather again.
  • 1 month later...

Well, things are busy here in the story mill.

First of all, I've been working on HMS Belvidera. As I've said ad nauseum, this one is taking more time than the others. I've only drafted through Chapter 7, while 5 was just posted, so you can probably expect about a chapter a week on this one. I'll try to post them on weekends.

In the CAP World:

1. Bloodlines 52 and 53 should be up this week, and that will finish off that story, one of the most fun ones to write!

2. I've already started drafting a sequel, but this one will be different. It will be unique in that it will include a lot of flashbacks, flashbacks beyond the first chapter of Chronicles.

3. As part of that process, it was time to go back and fix "Chronicles of an Academic Predator" itself. It was my first story, and it has some really nitpicky errors that are bugging me. Errors in dates, grammar, syntax, spelling, etc. George Granger would call it a minor refit, not a major overhaul. I'll probably post announcements periodically to let you know which chapters have been updated.

In the CAP World:

3. As part of that process, it was time to go back and fix "Chronicles of an Academic Predator" itself. It was my first story, and it has some really nitpicky errors that are bugging me.

WOW! I was dumb struck when I read that this was your first story. I had to go back and check for myself -- sure enough!

CAP was an awesome story and is on my reread list. You wrote CAP as a Pro - flat out awesome!! :worship:

WOW! I was dumb struck when I read that this was your first story. I had to go back and check for myself -- sure enough!

CAP was an awesome story and is on my reread list. You wrote CAP as a Pro - flat out awesome!! :worship:

Why thank you (blushes). Seriously, there were some errors in there that screamed for a fix. The one that rankled me the most was my complete inability to get the Hayes men (Fred the father and Frank the son) right. I'll post and let you all know when re-edited chapter go up, probably in batches. Right now, nothing new is posted yet.

I've already started drafting a sequel, but this one will be different. It will be unique in that it will include a lot of flashbacks, flashbacks beyond the first chapter of Chronicles.

This, right here could be GREAT!

JP in high school? Brad's natural dad?

Andre?

Stef in France?

Tonto!

There are lots of year, lots of characters, lots of details for Mark to fill in for us. This is what Bernard Cornwall (do have it correctly) of the Sharpe's Rifles series has done. His later books fit into a fixed time range, rather than broadening it.

After rereading a whole saga many times I am very impressed how the different stories fit together so well all ready. Thanks to you and your great team. It will be very interesting what changes you make.

After rereading a whole saga many times I am very impressed how the different stories fit together so well all ready. Thanks to you and your great team. It will be very interesting what changes you make.

Thanks! The changes aren't substantive, meaning there aren't going to be any major plot changes. It's just the small details that will change, and hopefully it will be easier to read. I'm kind of interested to see if anyone really even notices.Posted Image

I have been reading the CAP series since I first found it (the original CAP, chapter 1) posted on Nifty and thought the title interesting. Little did I know, at that time, that I was in for a true literary treat! I look forward to the continuing saga of these characters who have become like old friends. I do like your idea of flashbacks to pre-1968 times...I'm hoping to learn more of the families: how were their fortunes established, etc. Perhaps those flashback might even go back to the early 20th century. Once again, Mark, thanks for your generosity in sharing your magnificent abilities as an author. Of course, in the interim, I'll have the Bridgemont series to keep me occupied.

realistic......hmmm i guess 1 chapter of each a week is OKAY.....not great but okay. i honestly can't believe were putting of 2001.......okay i'll write the 2001 story!!!

Stef got everyone on a commercial plane as his plane just broken down......and then it was hijacked and boom into the tradecenters they go. The End :( :( (there i have my ending....i dun like no endings..)

Anyway a realistic posting space means im actualy going to have to find alot alot alot more stories to read. JUST great!!

I'll see if we can't start rolling the new one out soon. I'm trying to get to a more realistic pace, of say two chapters (one of each) a week.

How about a few chapters of HMS Belvidera a week and give us a break on the CAP series. It would be nice to get into Granger Posted Image for a month or so, as we had to wait after Master and Commander ended. Posted Image

Thanks again Mark for all the work and effort you put into both these series. Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...

"More addicted to Cap than Bridgemont" - surely not!! I thought CAP were just the stories that people read while waiting for the next in the Bridgemont series!!!! i am so much a granger groupie that it scares me!Posted Image

"More addicted to Cap than Bridgemont" - surely not!! I thought CAP were just the stories that people read while waiting for the next in the Bridgemont series!!!! i am so much a granger groupie that it scares me!Posted Image

LMAO! I'm glad you like them. The next chapter of HMS Belvidera is priority one in the editing line right now.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

I started writing the next sequel to the CAP Saga. It's called "Bloodlines" and it's set in 1998. It will be a bit before you see it as it's still in production, but I wanted to let you know that it's coming.

And the narrator is......someone you haven't met yet. Posted Image

rofl the way Matt met stef and jp was hilarious!!

Stef- "I didn't know! We didn't know!"

Brad-"Only you Stef would find your long lost grand son and sleep with him."

My absolute favorite scene=]

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..