Kid's shows that were fun and educational

I recently found some videos on youtube that were from cartoons I used to watch when I was younger. And I'd watch them again if they were on here! Here are some of my favorite clips. Show us yours.

Hugs all!!!

I recently found some videos on youtube that were from cartoons I used to watch when I was younger. And I'd watch them again if they were on here! Here are some of my favorite clips. Show us yours.

Hugs all!!!

Hands down, There is no cartoon that beats Animaniacs. :boy: How can anyone not like Yakko, Wacko and the ever cute Dot? Impossible, I tell you.

I remember loving some cartoons from my youth: Long, LONG before Sesame Street there was Romper Room and Captain Kangaroo.

There were tons of fun cartoons like:

Poindexter

Mighty Mouse

Huckleberry Hound

Quick Draw McGraw

Yogi Bear

The Jetsons

Top Cat

Snagglepuss

Deputy Dawg

Alvin and the Chipmunks

Casper the Friendly Ghost

Tennessee Tuxedo

Mr. Magoo

Bullwinkle and Rocky

Underdog

Mr. Peabody

Thunderbirds

Sylvester the Cat

Speedy Gonzales

Marvin the Martian

and my favorite, Johnny Quest!

...to name just a few.

Edited by Tipdin

Mighty Max was cool and educational. A kid, who has a magic cap that took him everywhere even across time and space.

It also had an occult backgrounds like the Lemurians (Talking chickens was a good cover :P ), which I have only heard about as a pseudo-scientific/paranormal civilization, it's kind of like Atlantis,but much rarer due to conspiracy theories.

I also enjoyed the magic school bus as a kid.

• Site Administrator

Two shows came to mind immediately when mentioned fun and educational:

Zoom

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D16rOXiXu_w

The Electric Company

But watching these now, were all us kids on glue back then :wacko: .

Edited by wildone

But watching these now, were all us kids on glue back then :wacko: .

Only if you hadn't discovered weed or mushrooms yet.

Of course- this was the seventies and lots of us were jr high lab rats.

labrat.gif

Find a bunch of mushrooms and you could make your own cartoons.

LOL @ the 70s psychedelic scene.

A weird time by any calendar. It was the golden age of drugs and it shows up in all of the pop culture.

Except it wasn't thugs and murder. It was just about fun. Drugs, sex and rock & roll and WE LIKED IT!

I did my first acid in 8th grade and it was freaking AWESOME.

Jeez I miss acid. We used to call tripping going to cartoon-land.

OK. Does anyone remember Winky Dinks? This may have been local to the D.C. area, I certainly can't remember.

Its big deal was this plastic cover (kinda like saran wrap) you ordered so you could put it over your TV screen and then you could draw on the TV with the characters in the show. Sounds simple I know but kids in the '50s were; simple I mean.

Captain Planet. Which taught me not just about pollution and the evils of whaling, but about racism, drugs, gun violence in the hood, the Troubles in Ireland, and Hitler. You gotta love early 90's political correctness.

Bill Nye the Science Guy. Tried to teach us actual sicence. Which I'm blanking on right now.
  • 4 weeks later...