How did you come up with your screen name?

Camilo

So i was wondering how everyone came up with their screen name. I really didn't come up with my screen-name since Camilo is my middle name and i use it often in real life. How did you come up with yours?

Back in the day I used to play a lot a lot of Gran Turismo. Well, my favourite car was the Nissan Skyline R34 and I always used a version of that car I had race tuned in the game when I was playing. As a result my friends began to just call me skyline when we'd play because I was the one who was always in it :P The nickname stuck with me even when we all moved on from playing playstation and I've used it as my alias ever since (like 10 or 11ish years now). Fin.

Nephylim are the children of man (well techinally woman of course) and angels. They are mentioned in the bible as monsters to be obliterated and wiped from the face of the earth. It is said that the reason for the great flood was to achieve this. It's strange though that the way he is described in the bible makes it pretty clear that Noah was Nephylim so how weird was that. It is also clear that Nephylim weren't wiped out because they crop up in myth across the ages.

As to WHY I chose it... well that's a really long story. Let's just say I have a particular interest in angels :) Especially fallen ones :) :)

From my favorite painting of my favorite painter - Hylas & the Nymphs by John William Waterhouse

Posted Image

I first encountered the painting on an encyclopedia in the school library when I was still in high school (sophomore I think, 13 years old). I fell in love with it, I actually ripped the page off the book and took it home. :wub: ROFL. That was the first time I truly liked something for its aesthetic value alone. The attraction wasn't erotic (since they were gurls, LOL) and I couldn't explain it back then, hence my fascination for it.

Finding out later that Hylas was Hercules' gay lover during the time of drowning/kidnapping by the nymphs (depicted in the painting) made me like it even more. One of my poems - The Dance of Naiades is actually inspired by this painting and was one of my earliest poems ever (written 10 years ago to this date). I'm still somewhat besotted by greek personifications of natural forces - particularly nymphs and satyrs.

P.S. My next favorite painting is also by Waterhouse - The Lady of Shalott, inspired by a Tennyson poem.

From my first name, Supriya.

I've had quite a few nicknames (irl) but last year a few close friends started caling me soup (more frequently then they used to) and it just caught on like wildfire. Now everyone seems to either call me that, or my actual name.

If you can believe it, mine's pretty straightforward too. Menorain is the name of a character I created way back when I was a kid. In my story he was a prince that was betrayed by his younger brother and was thus turned into a robot. There's no need to tell me that it doens't make any sense, I'm well aware of this XD

• Like 1

From my favorite painting of my favorite painter - Hylas & the Nymphs by John William Waterhouse

Posted Image

I first encountered the painting on an encyclopedia in the school library when I was still in high school (sophomore I think, 13 years old). I fell in love with it, I actually ripped the page off the book and took it home. :wub: ROFL. That was the first time I truly liked something for its aesthetic value alone. The attraction wasn't erotic (since they were gurls, LOL) and I couldn't explain it back then, hence my fascination for it.

Finding out later that Hylas was Hercules' gay lover during the time of drowning/kidnapping by the nymphs (depicted in the painting) made me like it even more. One of my poems - The Dance of Naiades is actually inspired by this painting and was one of my earliest poems ever (written 10 years ago to this date). I'm still somewhat besotted by greek personifications of natural forces - particularly nymphs and satyrs.

P.S. My next favorite painting is also by Waterhouse - The Lady of Shalott, inspired by a Tennyson poem.

If you can believe it, mine's pretty straightforward too. Menorain is the name of a character I created way back when I was a kid. In my story he was a prince that was betrayed by his younger brother and was thus turned into a robot. There's no need to tell me that it doens't make any sense, I'm well aware of this XD

I LOVE Waterhouse. He an Monet are my favourites, it's the colour and delicacy as well as the content. I adore the poem 'Lady of Shalott' and my brother bought me an original copy for the accumulation of 5 or 6 forgotten birthdays. I think the 'feel' of Waterhouse is very Art Nuveau. My favourite painting is Sleep and is half brother Death. It is just so... shivery. :)

My favourite painting is Sleep and is half brother Death

And totally homoerotic haha. My fascination with Waterhouse is weird though. I actually prefer surrealism as a style (my next favorite painter is Magritte). But I can't resist Waterhouse's romanticism. He's like the Lord Byron of painters.

Haha. I remember the convoluted tales of war and intrigue that me and my brother used to do with our toys. Featuring everything from coat hangers to GI Joes. XD

Hi there, some may describe it as a personality defect. I have a tendancy to let my heart rule my head alot of the time. If I feel there's an injustice done, if am pissed off, if I'm sad, I let my Heart rule. Basically, it describes my personality, good or bad. Enjoying your site. thankyou

• Site Administrator

I'd like to say, I am not now nor have I ever been any part of the C.I.A.! :P Cia is part of my real name and has been my nickname since I was a baby. Of course there was more added to it but I don't let anyone call me the rest anymore. lol Way too embarrassing.

So i was wondering how everyone came up with their screen name. I really didn't come up with my screen-name since Camilo is my middle name and i use it often in real life. How did you come up with yours?

My school gives you an username and a password to find out what your grades are during the year in sis. The first letter is the letter of your first name and the last three letters are the ones at the start of your last name. the numbers in it is your password.

Hense-----> Jhol7689

i had memorized cause i lost my school I.D once so i started using it as a username for mose of my accounts :P

James is my name and Savik is a common surname of Swedish origin in the South Mississippi county where my father's family came from. We are actually cousins. Those of us with dominate Swedish genes are much better looking and hung than the wicked Anglish.

I spell it slightly differently than the original surname. It is unique and I can have account and email addresses without ridiculous extraneous numbers even on yahoo. :P

Nephylim are the children of man (well techinally woman of course) and angels. They are mentioned in the bible as monsters to be obliterated and wiped from the face of the earth. It is said that the reason for the great flood was to achieve this. It's strange though that the way he is described in the bible makes it pretty clear that Noah was Nephylim so how weird was that. It is also clear that Nephylim weren't wiped out because they crop up in myth across the ages.

As to WHY I chose it... well that's a really long story. Let's just say I have a particular interest in angels :) Especially fallen ones :) :)

Which bible is that? :blink: I've never seen it in the Roman Catholic Bible haha.

That just speaks volumes of your relationship with your brother... lol

EDIT: Oh I forgot to add my explanation.

I saw a menu in one of those shady restaurants. it looked something like this:

Chicken Sandwich

Tuna Sandwich

Hamencheese Sandwich

I stopped reading after that... lol