What Would You Do?

I would like to say that I would go wading in like the last woman. I don't know if I could be quite that brave. I would certainly dial 999 and the emergency number for social services there are laws against forced marraiges here and anyone who has sex with anyone under 16 even if it's consensual, is guilty of rape. WHen the guys went to the toilet I would definitely approach the girl and I would be more than happy to take her home with me untill social services could find her somewhere safe.

People llike that make me sick. There is NO way that I could sit there and let that happen.

On the downside... I am pretty oblivious and there is a big chance that I wouldn't even notice.

I would like to say that I would go wading in like the last woman. I don't know if I could be quite that brave. I would certainly dial 999 and the emergency number for social services there are laws against forced marraiges here and anyone who has sex with anyone under 16 even if it's consensual, is guilty of rape. WHen the guys went to the toilet I would definitely approach the girl and I would be more than happy to take her home with me untill social services could find her somewhere safe.

People llike that make me sick. There is NO way that I could sit there and let that happen.

On the downside... I am pretty oblivious and there is a big chance that I wouldn't even notice.

I can be very oblivious but normally it's to stationary things like buildings or land marks. I am a people watcher [creeper] when I'm public LOL I always have been so I think I would notice that immediately. How I would react I'm not really sure... After watching this show I think I would react differently than I would have if I hadn't seen it.

I have a bad habit of making scenes in situations like this. Seeing what looks like a relatively defenseless person crying and being told they have 'no choice' about anything would be enough for me to ask what was going on. I'd probably get into a big argument in the middle of the restaurant, and then being furious with the T.V. crew afterward for making me feel so much anxiety over a fake situation.

I'd probably ask that poor girl if she was crying because her stepfather was forcing her to wear an 18th century peasant dress, and offer to buy her a pair of jeans and a tank top if she'd smile.

Having grown up in Texas, I realize that the local yokels support local norms, no matter how revolting. Interfering in local customs is a good way to walk into the lion's den.

Ever watch Deliverance? Reality's just a little bit to the right on the dial.

I'd probably do the same as the last woman. No girl deserves to be treated like that, especially a minor. Hell no one deserves to be treated like that. I'd probably cause a small fuss over it though and glare at the family and if they tried anything I'd put up a fight.

Probably nothing. In situations like this, I assume that I'm missing something and don't know/understand what's actually happening.

Unless it's clearly a black and white situation, I give most people the benefit of a doubt- unless they have given me some reason NOT to.

If I am motivated to take action, I'm in with both feet. My move is to call the cops on my cell phone. If there is a mistake, let them explain it to the cops.

• Site Administrator

I'm not a confronter. If that girl was alone I wouldn't be able to stop from going over at that time though. My biggest thing would most likely get evidence and and call the cops. My phone records now and I'd probably try to get a license plate number to police the second they left. I've done similar things in the past in other situations where it wasn't as serious, like when I witnessed a woman put a puppy in her trunk. I got her plate number and called the cops so when she tried to drive off she ended up getting pulled over. For the most part the law is going to be able to protect a person way better than I could so I'd err on the side of caution and try to let them deal with anything less than a critical situation. If all else fails I carry mace and know how to aim a good swift kick where it will do the most good on men.

I wonder why they chose Las Vegas to do the "sting"?

I wonder what might have been different if they had gone to Utah, or a town close by the AZ town where people have strong opinions on polygamy?

What would have happened in MA? In OK?

You all know how non-confrontational I am 0:), i think I would have called the Clark County Sheriff and I might have done it in the old man's face.

Hard to say without actually being there, but I'd probably not get personally involved which leaves calling the police or just walking away. Been in a "what would you do" situation like that with a guy starting a really(almost physical) loud argument with a girl which caused me to try to intervene. Didn't really end well and kinda turned into a "why don't you mind your business" kinda thing from both of them, with the girl saying she didn't really need help.

Edited by Percivial