Movies on Netflix

intune

Does anybody have movie recommendations? I have netflix watch instantly and I'm looking for something interesting to watch. It doesn't have to be a new movie, but it does have to be good. I would appreciate any suggestions :)

Does anybody have movie recommendations? I have netflix watch instantly and I'm looking for something interesting to watch. It doesn't have to be a new movie, but it does have to be good. I would appreciate any suggestions :)

It would be helpful if you at least said what genres of movies that you favor.

It would be helpful if you at least said what genres of movies that you favor.

I'm not very particular. I just want something intriguing.

Wow, that's really open-ended...

Trying to think what was the last good movie I saw. We been flooded with so many used up ideas lately.

Battle Los Angeles was a good action/sci-fi movie ^_^

If you're into musicals, The Court Jester is my fav movie of all time. I also really like the Abyss (sci-fi) and The Green Hornet was hysterical. I kept waiting for those two to kiss. Save Me is an excellent drama starring one of those guys from QAF, but if you want to see a date gone bad, try Trick. I could swear that's Ryan Renolds as the main character. I loved him in the Green Lantern. As far as 'intriguing' goes, I can also recommend the very long (war, duh) movie Gettysburg, but I don't know if that's available on netflix. I remember going to see it in the theatre. It was awesome.

Hereafter with the gorgeous Matt Damon, Clint Eastwood directing. Fabulous film.

Oh, and if you’re into bikers, try Sons of Anarchy. The other half insisted I watch at least one episode and I’m hooked. Not usually my thing but it’s well written and brilliantly acted.

Edited by Sir Galahad
  • Like 1

How about watching Latter Days if you haven't seen it yet? That's the movie of my life.

I'm definitely going to have to, but now my expectations are really high :)

I've been on a gay themed kick lately at Netflix so I can make a few suggestions in that genre.

I definitely second Latter Days. I know it's almost a cliche for a gay themed movie, but I thought it was excelllent.

Defying Gravity also was very good even though the story line was a little stereotypical. Definitely worth watching though.

I thought Shelter was excellent too.

The Trip was also great - if you'll watch it all the way thru to the end. There are parts that I thought were iffy, but the ending was powerful.

I Think I Do was also great for a light hearted movie, a few laughs, and an ending that makes you feel good.

I've watched quite a few others that I could suggest, but that's probably enough for now.

Too add to the list since I frequent Netflix in the gay/lesbian section:

The People I've Slept With -this was a cute lil romantic comedy movie with a pleasant lil twist at the end. If your in need of a great laugh this a great choice!

End Of Love - this movie was a bit of a rollercoaster ride and hard to follow at first but a good storyline that will leave you tuned in. Subtitled!

Boy Culture- Another funny gay romance comedy with the gay cliche personas this one personally isn't on instant watch on Netflix but you can also find it on logo's website

A Short list for starters. [Well relatively short] :)

• Beautiful Thing
  • Edges Of The Lord
  • The Boy In The Striped Pajamas
  • The Last Legion
  • The Island on Bird Street
  • Secondhand Lions
  • A Feast At Midnight
  • A River Runs Through It
  • Beastly
  • The 13th Warrior
  • Season Of The Witch
Previously mentioned: "Latter Days"

Some Older Epics:

• Ben Hur
  • Lawrence Of Arabia
  • Cleopatra
  • Demetrius and the Gladiators
  • Spartacus
  • Becket
Edited by Tomas

The only ones I've seen recently that were at least ok was a film called Faculty and another one called super 8 . Depends on what kind of genre you prefer though. I like my sci fi, but not sci fi that's too far fetched.

Time machine is another good one. Both the original version and the remake version were quite good.

Hey intune,

These aren't movies but if you watch television series then I recommend Grey's Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters for drama or if you like something more sci-fi, check out the Stargate Atlantis and Startgate Universe.

All of the recent season are all available and they are by for the best series I have ever watched. All had me at the edge of my sit and tearing up.

Let me know if you check them out

Lovealways,

Jamie

• Like 1

Hey intune,

These aren't movies but if you watch television series then I recommend Grey's Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters for drama or if you like something more sci-fi, check out the Stargate Atlantis and Startgate Universe.

All of the recent season are all available and they are by for the best series I have ever watched. All had me at the edge of my sit and tearing up.

Let me know if you check them out

Lovealways,

Jamie

Thank you :) I will. I love the whole Stargate series, I've been watching it since I was young. I'll let you know when I get around to checking out Grey's Anatomy and Brothers and Sisters.

• Like 1

I don't have many movie selections on Netflix but I'd recommend these shows: Dexter (probably my favorite show, EVER), Arrested Development, The Office, Jericho, Veronica Mars, Battlestar Galactica, Eureka. Those are just some random suggestions of shows that entertained me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Here are some gay themed movies I found on Netflix and very much enjoyed.

• Kiss Me Guido
  • The New Twenty
  • Shut Up and Kiss Me
  • Broken Sky
  • Lucky Bastard
  • Be Mine
  • OpenCam
  • Cowboy Junction
It would be cool if we had a movie club where we watch a movie and then discuss it here in the forums. What do you guys think?

I have very eclectic tastes - just watched To Kill a Mockingbird and I should be receiving Ryan Gosling's Notebook today. HOWEVER, for something that stretches the boundaries sexually, check out non-rated Shortbus released in 2006. I sat on my couch, mouth open, for 98 minutes...and smiled afterwards.

Netflix is a pretty good joint for finding horror B movies. I liked the Deaths of Ian Stone, Dracula and Dracula 2 : Accension, Death of a Ghost Hunter (one of the BEST 'Found footage' movies I've ever seen), The Skeleton Key, The Badge, Shiver (Good movie, suspenseful), Dorian Gray (talk about intriguing), Mr. Rices Secret, Eye for an Eye, Let me in( By far one of the creepiest Vamp vids I've ever seen), Driftwood, Presumed Innocent, Crazy as hell (title says it ALL), The Nameless (its in spanish), Elvira, Mistress of the Dark (for when your feeling campy Horror B at its finest), The Alphabet killer, Gothika, Bullet Proof (the one with Adam Sandler), The long Kiss goodnight, The good son, The beast of Bray road, Law abiding citizan, and The Sorceres Apprentice.

You've probably heard of a few of those but I figured I toss them out there.

A couple of movies I'd avoid though (and I wish I had) are Hidden, How to be a Serial Killer, and Gasey House 8123 lol.

Well I hoped these helped,

best,

Owl

P.S You might have noticed we have a thing for horror movies lol.

I have very eclectic tastes - just watched To Kill a Mockingbird and I should be receiving Ryan Gosling's Notebook today. HOWEVER, for something that stretches the boundaries sexually, check out non-rated Shortbus released in 2006. I sat on my couch, mouth open, for 98 minutes...and smiled afterwards.

I saw Shortbus in a cinema. After the show two groups walked out - those with huge smiles and those with their mouths open in shock!! Not the greatest movie - but ......different!

• 11 months later...

I just watched one of the best gay movies i've seen in a long time on netflix. Its called Private Romeo, its a modern day take on Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet set at an all boy military school.

I recommend this movie to anyone who loves romance and shakespeare.

Sorry, I dont wanna give away any spoilers.