What is your least favorite word?

Me and my friends were talking about this the other day, and we came up with some words that we dislike: mucus, phlegm, facade, benevolent, goodbye.

It can be because the word has a gross meaning, an unpleasant sound to it or you just don't like to say it. Let me know which words you don't like and why :)

anyways (instead of anyway).

That word makes my teeth ache and my hair stand on end whenever I hear it. It was widely used in my high school, and (fortunately) much less so at UC Berkeley.

Colin B)

• Site Administrator

I hate the word panties. I typically refuse to use it. I have never known consciously why I hate it but ever since I was a kid to me it just has a dirty connontation. It makes uncomfortable just to hear it.

• Like 1

I have a slight speech impediment and the hardest word for me to say is: Royal – so that is my least favorite word. Friends try to make me say so they can laugh at me which is just mean!

Depends on the situation. During sex it's stop, when I'm watching a movie it's pause, when I ask for something it's no. I don't really have a word that I hate all the time. Well, maybe responsibility. But it's more the concept that the word. :P

• Like 1

Boobies. I'm fine with tits, jugs, breasts, and any other nicknames for them, but not boobies. It makes me think of beavis and butthead sitting around on the couch saying "Boobies. Hahahaehehehehe."

How about, when it comes to sex scenes: organ. I mean, really? I can handle "member" most of the time, but an organ is something you play at church, or something a doctor would say. In sex it's a cock or a dick. If you can't write those words, then why are you writing a sex scene?

• Like 2

How about, when it comes to sex scenes: organ. I mean, really? I can handle "member" most of the time, but an organ is something you play at church, or something a doctor would say. In sex it's a cock or a dick. If you can't write those words, then why are you writing a sex scene?

Agreed. And while we're talking about sex scenes can I add in "throbbing"? It may just be me but unless I'm doing something to it my dick has never just throbbed in it's life.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...

For me it's a phrase - Family Values. It's not that I'm opposed to having values, but everytime this phrase comes up, it merely means that someone group outside of the norm is about to get screwed. For most people that use this phrase, it just means that they want everyone else to adhere to their values, with no room for disagreement.

• Like 4

Rape. Because my classmates have overused it every time they walk out of an exam -__-

Ugh... I see this on Facebook all the time...usually in ways like "being raped at the gas pump". Really?? Posted Image

For me it's a phrase - Family Values. It's not that I'm opposed to having values, but everytime this phrase comes up, it merely means that someone group outside of the norm is about to get screwed. For most people that use this phrase, it just means that they want everyone else to adhere to their values, with no room for disagreement.

I have to agree with this one too - I rarely see it used anymore other than to push a political agenda, and it'd perhaps be nice if that would stop.