Non-Gamers Need Not Apply

I was just wondering how many people here are gamers.

What games do you play?

I am big into MMO's. I have played Lineage 2, Warhammer, World of Warcraft, Age of Conan, Guild Wars, City of Heroes/Villains...others I can't remember... I also love rpgs like Dragon Age, Neverwinter Nights 2, The Elder Scrolls series, etc. Lots of other games too, Left for Dead 1+2, TF2... too many to list.

What games are you looking forward to? (This is the main reason of this post)

I can't wait for Dead Island!!!! I'm really excited for The Secret World (an mmo coming out April of 2012). Guild Wars 2 looks great. And I absolutely cannot wait for The Elder Scrolls Skyrim!

The game I currently play the most is League of Legends, although that'll change when Dead Island comes out on september 6th.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a HUGE RPG guy and an even bigger BioWare fanboy. Such a big fanboy that I'm gonna pre order The Old Republic even though I usually hate MMOs. I just hope it's as story driven as they claim. I love games like Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Deus Ex, Alpha Protocol (yes I liked it, sue me), Fallout (only 3 and New Vegas though. I don't like the older games at all), Knights of the Old Republic, pretty much any Western RPG. I also LOVE stragtegy games like Europa Universalis 3, Victoria 2, EU: Rome, the Total War series, Fire Emblem games, Soul Nomad and the World Eaters, the Civilization games, Tropico, and a lot more. Sonic, Mortal Kombat, I could probably go one for ever. My favorite game series is Metal Gear Solid though. Total fanboy for those games.

Actually, now that I think about it, the only genres I stay away from on general principal are racing games, post 90's platforming games and most XBL "indy" games.

I'm a big Eve player (Right now the War in game is making PvP hard to manage as we have over 5K of players in some battles and servers can't keep up. It's epic for space battles in an mmo)

I will probably branch more into Rift, but I am not touching World of Warcraft until Blizzard changes their game dynamics.

As for console, I am a shooter/RPG gamer. I love games like Assassin's creed and Uncharted game series. A good game of puzzles and murder is what I aim for along with a mystery plot.

One of the qualities I am looking for in a partner is that he can be a Gaymer as well :D

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception in DEC 2011 would be my choice for anticipation

Ef and I are WOWers. When his dad was with us we'd have two laptops so we could play together. It was hilarious. Sometimes we were sitting next to each other and only talking through the game, how sad is that.

it's really good now thought because Ef and his Dad often log on together.

I also love Neverwinter Nights, although I haven't played that in ages.

I've played Zelda once or twice but not so keen on that.

I'm into adventure and combat games plus a bit of sports. I'm a huge Grand Theft Auto and God of War fan. I also play Tekken, Top spin, The Sims, both on console and PC, Batman:Arkham Asylum, Heavy Rain, Tony Hawk pro skater series and a bit of FIFA and racing games like Burnout and Blur

I'm looking forward to Batman:Arkham City which comes out in October and Devil May Cry in 2012.

Currently I play Civ V on my computer. I love exploring and only fight when I have to.

Online I play Outer Core and am rated # 23 on my server.

I used to play RPGs until the work involved wasn't matched by player commitment.

In the distant past I've played stuff like Star Fleet Battles(3 tournament wins), Command Decision, Harpoon and others.

I used to play Avalon Hill classic games (before they were taken over by Wizards of the Coast and gayed up) and Game Designers Workshop.

Used to be big about MMORPGs, like WoW, FlyFF, Rappelz, KalOnline, Luna, Eden Eternal

But now I'm getting a bit tired off them, although I do look forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic ♥

I do have to say, my real life comes first; I'm not one to cancel something because "I gotta raid"...

I absolutely love playing the Total War series. It has politics, massive player controlled battles, globe-spanning maps, and just about everything a gamer could want. Empire: Total War was quite possibly the most epic game I have ever played.

Right now Everquest 2 with side forays into Sims 3 and Civ 5, though on the PS3 I do have fun with Mortal Kombat v DC, as it's one of the few times I can totally pwn Tyler (our nephew). Past MMO's have been The Sims Online, There.com, Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes, Matrix Online, Tabula Rasa, Vanguard, FreeRealms and Lord of the Rings Online. As much as I totally love EQ2, the two times I tried the original EQ, I got frustrated with the mechanics.

I will try EQNext when it comes out though I don't know that much about it yet. Was a little bit interested in Old Republic MMO but meh - don't have time for it now...

• Site Administrator

I like all sorts of games.

Pretty much anything from Bioware is on my hit list.

Stuff I'm looking forward to:

Mass Effect 3, The Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Halo Anniversary, Halo 4, Dragon Age 3, the Age Of Empires Online Expansion packs.

The game I spent all morning playing was Age of Empires Online. It's free! You only pay if you want special items/more achievements.

http://www.ageofempiresonline.com/

Used to be big about MMORPGs, like WoW, FlyFF, Rappelz, KalOnline, Luna, Eden Eternal

But now I'm getting a bit tired off them, although I do look forward to Star Wars: The Old Republic ♥

I do have to say, my real life comes first; I'm not one to cancel something because "I gotta raid"...

I played Flyff for a while. It was really cool for a free game, but then you find out to be any kind of good, you actually have to buy their premium content, so that was a let down. I got my Blade all the way to 105 before I gave up on the endless grinding and lack of cool items. D=

I played Flyff for a while. It was really cool for a free game, but then you find out to be any kind of good, you actually have to buy their premium content, so that was a let down. I got my Blade all the way to 105 before I gave up on the endless grinding and lack of cool items. D=

I found that it was a bit too grindy for my tastes; I like some, but that was all there was to the game in the end =/

So I usually ran around in lowbie areas and buffed them with my mastered RM buffies ^.^

Well, I quite like Battletech and I'm currently in a roleplaying group that uses the GURPS system-...oh, wait. Computer games. Right.

I'm mainly a strategy gamer. Total War series is awesome and just recently been playing quite a bit of Dawn Of War (first one - not keen on the sequel).

Also, Minecraft can eat days at a time. :P

Martin

I don't post much, but when I seen this topic I just had to :o

I use to be really big on MMO's myself. I've played everything from Ragnarok Online (doubt many will know this game ;D) to World of Warcraft. I've just got off of a World of Warcraft binge before the last big content patch - that game is too addictive! I also play games like Starcraft 2 from time to time. I'm not heavy into FPS and counsel games, mainly because I'm horrible at them.

I'm currently playing a game based off of the Warcraft 3 custom map DoTA called Heroes of Newerth. It's currently free to play (limited free accounts), so anyone interested should check it out.