Whitney Houston dies

wildone

• Site Administrator

Whitney Houston is dead at age 48 :(

I would never consider her one of my favourite singers, but I admired her for the sheer power and soulfulness of her voice.

RIP :(

OMG!

I can't believe she's gone, her voice was powerful and inspirational:

Rest in Peace Whitney, your voice will live on.

Really sad she died. Really, REALLY afraid they're gonna start playing that song again

....and IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIeeeeeeeIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIeeeeeeeeeeeIeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyeyyyyyyeeeyyyy willl alllwayyyyyssssslove aaaaaYOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU;

Im gonna burn for this one

• Site Administrator

She was a great singer and may she rest in peace. But this should also be a lesson to what drugs will do to your life...

It is truly a sad day. Over the past few years we've lost so many greats. Michael Jackson, Amy Winehouse, and now Whitney. All a powerhouse in their own rights. It's a tragic loss for many fans, myself included.

Forgive me if I missed any other great's that we've lost. But I consider these three people the top. We can all hope and pray though that this was not due to drugs. Although her past may say otherwise Posted Image

R.I.P WH

I seem to be a bit behind in news. Didn't realize Amy Winehouse had also died. There are things I admire about celebrities, their voice, their send of humor, but I doubt we ever get to know any of them. I enjoyed Whitney's earlier music. I don't know that I've heard anything more recent. It is a shame she made so many poor decisions. Just goes to show, no matter how famous or poor you are, we are all subject to the repercussions of our choices.

I too am shocked and sad that a legend of the music industry has passed away, but her music and the lives she touched will always be remembered

Its too bad she died. But her rendition of the National Anthem was terrible beyond comparison.

we cant talk about bad national anthems when you got steven tylers floating around out there

• Site Administrator

I have made 10 posts in this topic invisible for the time being. They will be reviewed by the Forum Moderation Team and may or may not become visible again.

The title of this topic was about Whitney Houston's death. Not to make personal attacks and degrade this to a soapbox issue.

I thank all of you for your understanding.

Please keep the topic on topic and do not refer to the posts made invisible for now.

Steve

Forum Moderation Team

Its too bad she died. But her rendition of the National Anthem was terrible beyond comparison.

Well since she sang it at the superbowl the year you were born or there-abouts, I don't think you really understood the 'moment'. We were in Gulf War 1 under the first Bush presidency and we had the whole free world with us. It was a joyful, proud song and it resonated with a lot of people at the time, even becoming a hit on the top 40 playlist. So while you are entitled to your opinion, some of us actually lived through that period and found it uplifting.

As for as Whitney's untimely demise, it is true that she had a long history of drug abuse and it is easy to jump to the conclusion that she overdosed, but that is what the coroner will determine from an autopsy. However, sad or bad her ending was, she did give us some great songs sung better than anyone else in her generation. And she had an impact on scores of singers of who came after her. So perhaps her legacy is greater than we will ever know.