Favorite GAY character on TV of all Time!

That'd be a tie between Luke Snyder from As the world turns AND Captain Jack Harkness from Torchwood/Doctor Who

lol yeah! Captain Jack Harkness aka the Face of Boe! he is hot!

I've neevr really seen ATWT but i heard he and this Noah character is like the epic gay TV couple...

Tom Cruise on the Oprah Winfrey Show.

lol! yes... the chair-hopping thing was really... ermmm... hot?

I was always a fan of Kerry Weaver from ER and Jack Mcfarland from Will and Grace.

Though coming from the UK my all time favourite would have to be Zoe Tate from Emmerdale (formerly Emmerdale Farm).

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I was always a fan of Kerry Weaver from ER and Jack Mcfarland from Will and Grace.

Definitely Jack McFarland from Will and Grace for me.....

My mom's worse nightmare when I came out to her was for me to be 'Just Jack' or neurotic Will :P

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

There are a lot of gay characters on TV so picking a favourite is difficult. However, going back in time...

Jodie Dallas in Soap (played by Billy Crystal)

He was a realy early gay character in a mainstream TV soap opera (or rather, a soap opera send-up) and while he was over-the-top, I still remember how confident he was in himself. He was an early indication that it was okay to be gay, even if I was too young at the time to really understand myself.

And, slightly more recently :P

Tony Hills in Eastenders

Unfortunately, I was travelling a lot while Tony was a significant part of Eastenders, but I did catch a number of episodes, including the one where he picked up a guy at a gay bar, but chickened out before they got back to that guy's home. I'm really upset, though, because I missed a lot of the story where he became boyfriends with Simon -- the brother of Tony's ex-girl friend AND the mother of his baby.... Simon was cute, but Tony was the confused young guy I identified with.

• Like 3

Hmmmmm I must admit I've never really paid much attention to gay characters on TV, but if I must choose, I'd have to go back in time a little bit.

There used to be a gay lad in UK's TV series The Bill called Luke Ashton played by Scott Neal. OMG! Posted Image

Everyone has said Captain Jack Harkness, darn.

Jack McFarland from will and Grace was funny, but a little too campy for my tastes.

Queer as folk US hasn't gotten any mentions, Michael, Ben, Brian, Justin, and Emmett deserve some consideration, pretty well rounded group.

If we can expand into the realm of speculative gay or bisexual characters, my favorite would be Sam and Dean Winchester. Yes, Supernatural has grown on me and so has hundreds of fan fiction stories that I spot on the web as I begin reading more stories outside of GA. There's a lot of generic stuff, but a few writers really do have talent beyond the slash material.

• Like 2

Everyone has said Captain Jack Harkness, darn.

Jack McFarland from will and Grace was funny, but a little too campy for my tastes.

Queer as folk US hasn't gotten any mentions, Michael, Ben, Brian, Justin, and Emmett deserve some consideration, pretty well rounded group.

If we can expand into the realm of speculative gay or bisexual characters, my favorite would be Sam and Dean Winchester. Yes, Supernatural has grown on me and so has hundreds of fan fiction stories that I spot on the web as I begin reading more stories outside of GA. There's a lot of generic stuff, but a few writers really do have talent beyond the slash material.

wait... omg... a supernatural fan????? omg... yay! im like a huge supernatural fan btw... okay... back to the topic...

yeah... QAF is full of amazing gay characters... My favorite is from the show is Emmet... and Mikey comes real close after... i'm not as taken, as most people are, to Brian... idk... :) eitherways... yay...

wait... omg... a supernatural fan????? omg... yay! im like a huge supernatural fan btw... okay... back to the topic...

yeah... QAF is full of amazing gay characters... My favorite is from the show is Emmet... and Mikey comes real close after... i'm not as taken, as most people are, to Brian... idk... Posted Image eitherways... yay...

"In Chuck we trust" right :P

I almost forgot one of my new up and coming favorites, Micheletto of the Borgias. Gay assassins are interesting, sexy, and fun; they can be giving you the best sex of your life, then slit your throat just as quickly..

Gay assassins are interesting, sexy, and fun; they can be giving you the best sex of your life, then slit your throat just as quickly..

"Interesting" and "fun"? Yikes! Posted Image

Queer as Folk (original UK 1999). Favourite character was Vince Tyler (Craig Kelly), and most memorable hottie was Nathan Maloney (Charlie Hunnam)

Posted Image

Edit to add

Ooops, I clean forgot the evil Thomas in Downton Abbey - currently my fave evil gay guy

Posted Image

Now available as a paper doll cutout "evil playset" Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Zombie

Captain Jack Harkess and Ianto From Torchwood

John Goodwin from Smash/Josh Ellis from Gossip Girls (only watched that scene: actor is Neal Bledsoe)

Blaine from Glee

Holden Wilson and Sean Jackson in Valentine's Day

Max from Skins

Brett Chuckerman from Curiousity of Chance

The whole cast of Were the World Mine (no but really, main character; watched the musical a LONG time ago)

=D

"In Chuck we trust" right Posted Image

I almost forgot one of my new up and coming favorites, Micheletto of the Borgias. Gay assassins are interesting, sexy, and fun; they can be giving you the best sex of your life, then slit your throat just as quickly..

ooohhh i've never really tried watching the Borgias...is it any good? is it based on the Mario Puzo novel or is it historical?