Favorite GAY character on TV of all Time!

my favorite would have to be Max from ABC's Happy Endings!

who is yours? and if you can't pick one in particular, who's your top something?

He's the reason why I like men with meat in their bones. He's just too cute. He plays the role of a gay slacker. If a guy is as funny and as cute and charming as that... now way I'm letting him out in the real world. I'm chaining him to the bed.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Alex Ikke Tuppel

There is a pleiad of actors and tv characters. To name one would be very difficult. As all of them introduce important concepts and facets of our life. To begin of course i would mention Ricky Martin who set a real life example for me having the courage and wisdom of doing the right thing being honest. From the new generation Chris Colfer and Darren Criss portraying Kurt Hummel and Blaine Anderson showing how much there is in the life of teen gays and how they deal with it. My most recent most favorite characters are Scotty and Kevin from Brothers and Sisters. Certainly the entire cast of QAF.

• 2 months later...

While Jack has already been mentioned... frequently... (And deservedly; anything Doctor Who related is great) I'm shocked that no one has mentioned Susan Ivanova   One of the best TV characters of all time...  And without making her sexuality a major part of the character.  Heck, if you aren't careful, it's easy to miss.  (OK, you could argue that she's Bi, but I don't think that she ever really returned Marcus's affection as anything other than a friend).

And the reason that makes her great (as a gay character, not a cahracter in general) is because it makes her sexuality exactly as important as it really is:  not at all.  It's a non-issue.

British actor Christian Cooke in ITV's 2009 college series "Trinity"

eye-candy-christian-cooke-9.jpg

vlcsnap-198384.jpg

christian_cooke11.jpg

His character's not gay but the script contrives to get him eye-poppingly naked in every episode ... :D
*more explicit pics may be available at a search engine near you ... :P *

Edited by Zombie
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ianto Jones from Torchwood, definitely. Oh, Ianto, ever in my heart... Also love Stuart from the original UK Queer as Folk because Aiden Gillen. I also admit a soft spot for Kurt from Glee. I think he's a fantastic character, and very well rounded.

Can't help but notice that no one seems to have mentioned any female characters (I just skimmed, though)... Is this the kind of environment where we differentiate between gay and lesbian, I wonder...? Either way, I feel the need to mention Charlie from Supernatural, played by the awesome and very, very hot nerd icon Felicia Day.