[Jwolf] The English Year

With pleasure. Waiting in anticipation. Cant wait too long though lol. I really thought my boy Corbin was sick and tired or just died ... But i know that with you that won't happen.

• Like 1

Hey folks, just wanted to catch everyone up. I know I keep promising new chapters, but I'm finally writing again as real life starts to slow down for the summer. Expect updates very very soon ( I won't put a timeline this go around as I don't want to give any false promises.) needless to say, there's still a lot of story to cover with Corbin and co, so I hope you'll come back and join me. 

AWESOME!

Good reading has been a bit slim... I check this site every Friday for updates on this one specifically!

...anyone else freaked out that it's already halfway through June? Time keeps going by faster and faster...

• 4 months later...

Now that the setting of fall 2008 is 5 years ago, The English Year has officially become a period piece.

I still can't decide if I think Mike has a gay side, or if he's just a horny straight guy who uses Corbin on the side because he doesn't have to put the energy of a relationship with a girl into what they're doing. My guess would be that Mike in 2013 would be married with a beautiful wife and an adorable toddler, but you never know.

I do pretty much think that Pete is likely with guys far more often than with girls, if he's not settled with Corbin.

Well, I really don't know if we will ever find out. Mr Wolf has either abandoned us, or the story, one of the two. I fear I am going to have to find myself a new favourite writer. :(

• Like 1

I know what you mean, Louis. I used to creeper/stalk his profile page to see if he wrote anything about updating the story, but the last time I checked it out was a few months ago. I don't know what happened to Jon. He's never done this before - been away for so long.

Does anyone know if he's ok? If I remember correctly, the last I heard he was looking for a new job, right? But that was over eight months, four days, eleven hours, and fifty-eight minutes ago.

Has anyone emailed him?

• 2 months later...

Well hope with the new year, he will come back take up "The English Year" again.

Totally agree there! Hopefully things have settled down for him and he can continue with this hella awesome story. =)

• 4 months later...

Woo... a lot's changed since I was last here. I feel like an alumni coming back to school and seeing everything differently. Anyway... I'm thinking with summer right around the corner, it might time to dust off the old laptop and get this thing going again. I know I've said it before, but this time progress is actually being made (by way of sending drafts out to editors and betas... you know...) I won't promise a timeline, but all I can say is I'll be updating soon... Season 2 of English Year is right around the corner.

• Like 2

Woo... a lot's changed since I was last here. I feel like an alumni coming back to school and seeing everything differently. Anyway... I'm thinking with summer right around the corner, it might time to dust off the old laptop and get this thing going again. I know I've said it before, but this time progress is actually being made (by way of sending drafts out to editors and betas... you know...) I won't promise a timeline, but all I can say is I'll be updating soon... Season 2 of English Year is right around the corner.

Jon - YOU'RE BACK???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't know how excited that makes me!!!!!! Omg, I need to sit down! lol

I am so glad you came back - as you can tell from this thread, you have been dearly missed!

And yes, some of the changes, like the main page is recent, like maybe a week recent.

Anyway, enough of reading this stuff - get to typing!!!! :)

Here we go! The journy continues. I rightly antipate folks to have a strong reaction to Corbin in this chapter- both good and bad... I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts. Find the chapter here, and feel free to return to this page and ask all of your questions!

I hung out with guys at a frat house when I was 19, and it definitely brings back memories.

I get why Corbin refuses to back down. I remember being that age and being absolutely positive I was right, and the feeling that if push came to shove, I'd take the consequences that came with being right. Part of him thinks he's protecting free speech; the other part of him is protecting his image and retracting the article would destroy it.

Ah, I missed reading scenes between Pete and Corbin. Such a lovely friendship.

Remind me never to get on Corbin's bad side. Hot damn.

And of course, Corbin calls up Mike and backtracks.

Edited by methodwriter85

I hung out with guys at a frat house when I was 19, and it definitely brings back memories.

I vividly remember a frat boy  classmate in my poetry workshop coming out to us with a self-indicting poem about his own monstrous cowardice (this would've been 1992).  I didn't even understand what he was telling us till weeks later  :facepalm: I wish he could've been a Corbin.

John, it is great to have you around again. I need to say this and I really don't care what others think, right now, not last week, maybe not next week, but at this very moment, on this site, you are the best writer on this site. You rock bro.

Wow, Louis, that's quite the compliment! I'll chalk it up to you missing me... Absence makes the heart grow fonder, maybe? Still, thanks so much!  I appreciate the overwhelming amount of support you all have given me.

I went to bed with The English Year on Monday night and woke up with it Tuesday morning. It was dynamic reading and I couldn't put the story down. Louis is right, you rock, John.

BTW, JWolf, I saw The Neighbors today and it made me think of Corbin's guilty pleasure....

neighbors-zac-efron-2014.jpg

Do you think Corbin took his High School Musical blanket to see the Neighbors, JWolf?

Edited by methodwriter85

I can tell definitively he did not...

I will say Zac's looking damn good these days. He wasn't doing it for me during his David Cassidy twink days, but I think he's totally hot now. His only drawback is his apparent cocaine problem. I hope he gets that under control.

You know, Twilight should be hitting soon. (November 21st.) Do Corbin and his sorority girlfriends check out the movie? I kinda see Corbin as Team Edward. Does he immediately start stocking up on Twilight merchandise?

We were actually having this discussion at the board about how it kinda seemed like Zac Efron's stock fell as soon as High School Musical ended, and Twilight mania took its place instead at the end of 2008/beginning of 2009. I remember being at a party, circa fall '09, and I took this guy his peat coat made him look like Edward Cullen, and DAMN, that guy exploded at me. It was then that I realized that telling a guy he looks like Edward Cullen was the new "You look like Zac Efron" insult, and Robert Pattinson had replaced Zac Efron as the reigning teen movie idol.

Edited by methodwriter85