Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Vacation posting schedule

Okay, I'm flying out in a few hours. I'll be back Christmas day, but I should be able to pop in from time to time (I'm taking a laptop).

Thanks to a huge effort by our team (thanks!) we have three chapters ready to post while I'm away. The first will post Nov 26th, the second Dec 10th, and the third on Christmas Eve (Dec 24th).

Wildone has volunteered to make the first two post okay. (thanks Wildone!). I'll be back in the US (though not home) in time to post on Christmas Eve.

After Christmas Eve, we'll have weekly chapters for the remaining three, so Circumnavigation will conclude THIS YEAR!

I do apologize that there aren't more chapters ready to post while I'm away.

If all goes well and I have frequent internet access, the schedule may advance.

Take care, and best wishes,

CJ :)

• Like 1

Hi CJ,

FYI I have received two system notifications indicating new chapter postings but when the link is followed there not to be found. Per your posting schedule there shouldn't be anything out there until November 26 so something strange is happening with the system...

Is this evil Bridget messing with our minds? LOL

Safe travels to you!

Hi CJ,

FYI I have received two system notifications indicating new chapter postings but when the link is followed there not to be found. Per your posting schedule there shouldn't be anything out there until November 26 so something strange is happening with the system...

Is this evil Bridget messing with our minds? LOL

Safe travels to you!

Sorry about the notifications! One of those could be due to me bungling a chapter loading (I loaded the chapters for while I'm away). Two... Must be a glitch. I am pretty sure I loaded the second one the right way.

Blaming Bridget sounds good! Or blame Wildone... He's from Canada. Posted Image

Hope you have a good trip, CJ.

Thanks! Just a few more hours and I'm off. I should be able to log in from time to time though.

CJ :)

Sorry about the notifications! One of those could be due to me bungling a chapter loading (I loaded the chapters for while I'm away). Two... Must be a glitch. I am pretty sure I loaded the second one the right way.

Hmmm....I received two notifications and both chapters have been posted. Poor goat! He really needs this vacation.

Buon Viaggio, C J!

Hmmm....again. I think those story notifications go only to members who have elected to "Follow this story". Neither of the two chapters is listed in the "Latest Story Updates" block on the home page.

And the Table of Contents shows that neither chapter has been published. It's a mystery and Christmas Eve is nearly six weeks away.

Poor goat! He really needs this vacation.

• Site Administrator

It is a bug. The post dating system is glitching and we can't fix it right now. If you post date a chapter it notifies anyone following the story that a chapter has posted, though it will not post until the date scheduled.

• Like 1

It is a bug. The post dating system is glitching and we can't fix it right now. If you post date a chapter it notifies anyone following the story that a chapter has posted, though it will not post until the date scheduled.

Rest assured that the chapters are there to be posted when the time comes.

Hey guys...I can read both chapters now. I don't think that is what you are saying.

• Site Administrator

Hey guys...I can read both chapters now. I don't think that is what you are saying.

Mike,

I'm not 100% sure or not if you can view them due to being a beta listed in the story header. I just went to look and both chapters are still invisible.

So you know, and everyone else, I have made a promise to CJ to NOT read anything of either chapter until they post. This should happen automatically, but I will be ensuring they do post next Tuesday and then two weeks later. If you are able to read the chapter(s) and not part of the Admin, WST, or a Beta or Editor of this story, please PM me right away if you wouldn't mind.

The only thing I'm worried about, is the last thing CJ said..."And don't be going in there and putting in any cliffhangers that I would never use." I have a sinking feeling that we all are in for a doozy on one of these chapters :( . Due to my promise, I won't know until everyone else does as well.

Remember, I am innocent of any accusations CJ may or has made Posted Image Posted Image

I'm not 100% sure or not if you can view them due to being a beta listed in the story header. I just went to look and both chapters are still invisible.

You are right. That's a "feature" that I was not aware of; didn't know that I could see the chapters as posted when they were pending. I just checked without signing in and I can read all the chapters except the pending two. Maybe I need a vacation. Posted Image

Oh, you won't be disappointed when you do read the chapters.

Cliffhangers? My definition of cliffhanger is so different from CJ's I've given up arguing about them.

Edited by MikeL

Bonjourno! :)

Just a quick visit to say hi from the Italian Alps. Heading south tomorrow, to Tuscany. My internet connection here is very intermittent,hope I can post this.

And BTW, don't listen to the frog; he knows I'd never, ever use a cliffhanger !

• Site Moderator

He survived the Alps.

I had an email from him time stamped before 3 AM this date. He was at a Coffee Bar where he's staying and taking advantage of having the area to himself, due to the cold. He'll be there for another day or two before heading off again where the next stop is a farm.

Heading for the Agritourisimo (a farm that takes guests) today.

No internet there, so I may be offline for a week or more.

BTW, I bungled the first of the coming chapters - It probably won't autopost. I'll PM Wildone to ask him to do it manually. (and also plead with him to not add any cliffhangers to it or the other chapters).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Site Moderator

BTW, I bungled the first of the coming chapters - It probably won't autopost. I'll PM Wildone to ask him to do it manually. (and also plead with him to not add any cliffhangers to it or the other chapters).

You'll be happy to hear the chapter autoposted. Wildone had asked Cia and myself, due to something else, to make sure it posted. When I checked just after 5 AM est, it there.

As an added note, the last I checked the chapter listing for the chapter, there had been 16 view. After it's posting it shot up to 225 views.

• 2 weeks later...

Two things to think about....the title....Now It's Personal...sort of ominous...and pointing to the rapidly approaching two words I have dreaded...and looked forward to in this tale: The End.

second I get to look forward to a Christmas Eve Cliffie.....WOO-HOO!!!! We get a chapter tomorrow night!!!!!!

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..